My Fast Food Cheat Sheet - Use It, Share It, Add To It

Options

Replies

• gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell would really help. I usually get a 5 layer burrito, chicken quesarito and a loco dorito taco.

Its a calorie bomb but you know fast food requires a lot of calories to fill u up, unlike home cooked meals
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen these foods in the UK, but great idea! I've occcassionally gone to fast food places with others, and have spend ages trying to decide what to have to do the least damage!
  • Kwan47
    Kwan47 Posts: 44
    Options
    Vailara wrote: »
    I haven't seen these foods in the UK, but great idea! I've occcassionally gone to fast food places with others, and have spend ages trying to decide what to have to do the least damage!

Awesome! Which choices do you make in your local fast food spots?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to McDonald's I ALWAYS get their grilled southwest chicken salad - it's so delicious and filling! So many vitamins, too!
    At Chick-fil-A, a complete meal for me that leaves me STUFFED is their grilled chicken cool wrap with a medium cup of fresh fruit, for some extra vitamin C and sweetness, of course.
    At Starbucks, if it's available, I love their Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap and a grande or venti caffe misto (which is only coffee and milk, so pretty low calorie, high protein and calcium, plus it's cheaper than their espresso beverages!)
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hitting a chinese buffet this weekend,that'll do!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I read today that a 10 piece chicken nugget box from McDonald's and from Burger King is only 470 calories. Bbq dipping sauce or sweetn sour only adds 50 calories.

Since those are both value priced items, I thought it might be of interest to those in this thread.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    A veggie lovers personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut is 530 calories.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Whenever I go to McDonald's I ALWAYS get their grilled southwest chicken salad - it's so delicious and filling! So many vitamins, too!

I looked that up online, that does look good! I'll be ordering that next time I go.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    This thread got me thinking. I love Burger King's Whopper but have not had one in years because of the high fat and calories.

I just looked up the nutrition data online and if I hold the mayo, it's only 510 calories and 22g of fat (Mayo adds 140 cals & 14g fat!) I just may go out and get one this weekend

For your reading pleasure, here are links to McDonalds & Burger King's nutrition tables:

nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

bk.com/pdfs/nutrition.pdf
  • Kwan47
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    At Chick-fil-A, a complete meal for me that leaves me STUFFED is their grilled chicken cool wrap with a medium cup of fresh fruit, for some extra vitamin C and sweetness, of course.
    At Starbucks, if it's available, I love their Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap and a grande or venti caffe misto (which is only coffee and milk, so pretty low calorie, high protein and calcium, plus it's cheaper than their espresso beverages!)

I didn't even think about Starbucks.... I'm going to check them out.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    A veggie lovers personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut is 530 calories.

Also, 1 slice of veggie pizza on thin crust with lightly sprinkled cheese is 145 kcals per slice.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    free1220 wrote: »
    Hitting a Chinese buffet this weekend,that'll do!

hmmm crab wontons!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Taco Bell: 3 Chicken Soft Tacos (order Fresco style) = 420 calories (and 30g protein! WIN!)
    The Beefy Crunchy Fresco Tacos are only 150 calories each, too (so 450 calories for 3)
    THREE tacos! And it costs less than $5 (I like cheap, LOL).

McDonald's: I like the McDoubles (again, I'm cheap, LOL)--390 calories (and 23g protein). I only need a "little" bit of fries, so I sometimes order the "kids size" fries for an additional 110 calories.

Domino's: If you stick to thin crust (which, I think tastes better, IMHO) and veggies only toppings, you can eat an entire HALF of a medium pizza for ~600-620 calories. If you're more moderate (and eat some veggies or a big garden salad on the side), a 1/4 of the pizza plus said sides can easily be under 500 calories.

• sup3rb3ast
    sup3rb3ast Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My go-to fast food meal is from Wendy's:

-Half size Asian Cashew Salad - 230 cals including full dressing
    -4 piece chicken nugget - 160 cals dipping sauce extra.

So filling, and also get to feel a bit naughty with the nuggets. B)

ETA: Starbucks has these cool little bistro boxes. My favorite is the Protein Box, it has a small wheat bun, cheese, hard boiled egg, fruit and peanut butter for around 360 cals.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    Taco Bell: 3 Chicken Soft Tacos (order Fresco style) = 420 calories (and 30g protein! WIN!)

Lol "WIN!"

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    There is a series of books out called Eat This, Not That they have a lot of info on what to eat at resturants and fast food places as well. Not just what to have but what to avoid at all costs. Along with a bunch of other information on nutrition. One had a list of all the kinds of artificial sweeteners, their history, what they are in and if you should avoid, limit or go for it. They have come in handy for me a few times. In case anyone was interested.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Great idea, and great general tips. Sometimes I eat my burger Russian style, with no top bun. Here's my blog of fast food choices.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/fast-food-choices-735649
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bojangles has a Grilled Chicken Salad for 305 cals + Fat Free Italian Dressing for 20 cals = 325 cal meal - or - Roasted Chicken Bites for 280 Cals + Individual size green beans for 35 cals = 315 cal meal. Plus, the roasted bites meal is on special on Mondays for $5 :) I feed the biscuit that comes with it to my dogs ;)
    Bojangles has SALADS?

Haha, man, all I know about Bojangles is the hangover food we'd get "mornings after" in college. Their chicken biscuits, the sausage egg and cheese biscuits, mmm...I've never looked up the calories. I don't want to know.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Kwan47 wrote: »
    @KaneNLN , Hi. Like @wizzybeth has said its just a quick resource guide. I absolutely agree with you. As much as possible don't use cheat days, you need to build a sustainable system for fitness. Thanks for checking out my post.

:)
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's for "I didn't pack lunch" days. Ultimate chicken grill, no sauce and 1/2 bun = 250cal, side salad instead of fries=20, and I usually just use 1/2 of the ranch=50. I don't find I need sauce with the chicken, it's not dry maybe because of the 1/2 bun but sometimes I'll use the other 1/2 of the ranch on the chicken. Unsweet tea is my go-to drink so all total, it's a 350-375cal lunch.