Those last 15 pounds

Options

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Bec, Queen + Chrissy!

Any loss is great. 5# is awesome.
    My plan is to lose 1# per month: nice and slow, so I don't feel deprived and it's a lifestyle, not just a "diet to fit into that dress".

As lose more weight, and body is more efficient, meaning needing less and less calories, I am eating almost at maintenance, so the weight loss is really really slow.
    With the nice weather and getting a new puppy will mean a lot more walking.
  • jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo sorry all. The article about the govt changing the weight of a pound was an April fools joke but I didnt have time to read to the bottom of the article. We all know exercise and diet work!

• jenr6482
    Options
    Way to go! Keep at it!
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In

Today I am 128.4lbs

(1.6lbs lost during the last week)
    (6lbs lost since the beginning of challenge)

8.4lbs to go!

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Jenr - Thank you so much! I'm feelin good about my progress and reaching all of my goals.

huango - I am all about a lifestyle change. I started this journey 3 years ago. Slow and steady loss of over 50 lbs. Working on the last 8 now and even more, focusing on eating whole foods, weight training, muscle growth, toning and living as healthy a life as I can (body and mind). I want to keep my body as fit as I can as I head toward 40. And I never want to say no to adventures again because I am not fit enough, or because of body images issues. I plan on the rest of my 30's to be the best years of my life so far.

iknorthstar - I am all about "tighting" areas too. I downloads a new APP called "skimble workout trainer" and it tons of great workouts that you can filter depending on what part of the body you want to work and how much time you have. So far I have done BOOTY, ABS and ARMS workouts. Love it. Trying to add atleast a 10 min BODY PART FOCUSED skimble routine to what I am already doing 6 days a week. Thankfully... today is my rest day! Hooray. Body needs a little break.

Chrissyfitter - I think 5 lbs is a month is amazing. I found for me, if I lost it slow and steady I was more likely to keep it off. I only lost 4.8 last month and I was totally stoked. My goal was 4. As you do get closer it is harder. You can do this!

Bioqueen - YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!! I bought a bikini too but so far just to take before and after pictures for my fitness journey. I haven't ventured out in public yet. ;)
  • light_bloom
    light_bloom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    As lose more weight, and body is more efficient, meaning needing less and less calories, I am eating almost at maintenance, so the weight loss is really really slow.
    With the nice weather and getting a new puppy will mean a lot more walking.

I know what you mean, I'm down like three and a half pounds in six weeks since this thread got started (maintenance is about 1400 or so). It's hard because sometimes you don't know if it's actual weight loss or just daily fluctuations.

• jenr6482
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the support and encouragement. I don't burn many calories a day exercising but I starting walking this week. It's something and I'm ok with it. It's prob so few calories burned I don't even log it. It gets me puffing when I go uphill so it's good for my lungs. My saddlebags are sore when I'm done so I know it's helping them. Keep up the good work all. The weekends are hardest for me and we have a 3 day one....yikes! My goal is to stay under calories. I am taking a couple healthy things over to family dinner on Sunday so I should be safe. I'll leave enough calories in my plan for a small sliver of key lime pie. :) Happy Easter!
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Yikes is right! I did ok on fri and sat but Sunday was way off. I ate like my old self and I know I'll pay for it. I feel sooo fat tonight. I'm not quitting. Tomorrow it's back to work and healthy eating schedule. My goal this week is to get back where I was and maybe a bit more. There are no holidays or special days between now and a big occasion may 8. Oh and i fit in my Easter outfit that was too tight the beginning of February. Thanks all my MFP friends.
  • huango
    Options
    Like --> "i fit in my Easter outfit that was too tight the beginning"

Yup, my Sunday was not great: I made a scary delicious Oreo caramel chocolate mousse pie. Wow, talk about calories!!!

Today's a new day!
    Actually, it's a FAST day.

Amanda
  • jenr6482
    Options
    I feel I need to log my weight each day whether up or down. It's psychological I know but I need to record the weight when it's up so I feel, "oh I better watch it today. I should have skipped the 30oz bag of candy bars :blush: MFP will say I lost the same weight that I just gained so I don't want my MFP friends to think I'm doing extra terrific. I find it encouraging to see a progress graph up and down so when I have an up weight I'm sure I can recover with a little extra effort. There's no right or wrong just find what works and do it! Weird, I know, but I need it.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So estimating my portions is not working for me! I've got to get back to using the food scale!!!!
  • huango
    Options
    woohoo!
    Down another 1.2# (in 4weeks).

Amanda
    4'11"
    SW 1/1/15: 128.5
    CW 3/13/15: 115.6
    CW 4/9/15: 114.4
    GW by ?August?: 109

---->>>> THIS is the lowest weight I've been since hitting puberty, or at least the last 20years! On my way!!!

I'm feeling good.
    I really like the weight I'm at, and am excited to seeing more muscles revealed as I sculpt away 5 more pounds or 5% more body fat.

I'm opposite of you @jenr6482 when it comes to the scale.
    "when it's up so I feel, "oh I better watch it today. I should have skipped the 30oz bag of candy bars"

- when scale says down: I think Yay, I get to eat more
    - scale says up: ugh, now I'm going to eat to drown my sorrows.

So I just don't get on the scale, maybe once every 4-5weeks.

But *I* know how I'm doing, by my food/exercise spreadsheet.
    I know when I have to get back control, or hey, I'm losing too fast.

@Bobbiezilla "So estimating my portions is not working for me! I've got to get back to using the food scale!!!!"
    You gotta do what you gotta do.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    When I look at the scale if its down then its encouraging and I want to see the next number and if its up then I get back to working harder to get it down. Just for the people on this thread keep plugging away. Ive been aggressive and attacked it with exercise this week and making progress. Try and do that little bit extra, take the stairs, walk that little bit further, it all helps.
  • OhioGuy37
    OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, want to lose another 15lbs but I'm stuck. I need to make better food choices.

Feel free to add me all :#
  • christinehuds
    christinehuds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just an update! I've lost about 15 pounds this year! Yay! I want to lose about 5 more and I'm feeling good about it!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Way to go Christine....5 left to go !!!! you are doing amazing..

Ohioguy37, there is a spread sheet on the first page to post on if you like, I think you can still add to it.... yes, you really have to watch the calories the closer you get to your goal weight. good luck !!!

999tigger, I really have missed on my walking last week, I need to get back into it this week !! You are doing great !!!

thinking of starting to add some weighted exercises now that I am getting close to goal weight. You always hear them saying, "lose the weight first then do strength training".
    keep up the good work all, colleen

• MegletRamblesOn
    MegletRamblesOn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to jump in here, I've been plateaued and gained back a few pounds since not paying attention the past, oh, year or so. So now it's time to tackle those last 15 pounds to get down to my original goal weight!

5'1"
    SW 4/12/15: 149
    CW - stay tuned!
    GW by June or so: 135

I could use some motivation/accountability here, so feel free to send me a friend request. :)

Now off to see if I can figure out if I can join in that spreadsheet/chart y'all are using. . . .
  • huango
    Options
    @christinehuds
    congrats on the great progress!!!

clnrush wrote: »
    thinking of starting to add some weighted exercises now that I am getting close to goal weight.
    You always hear them saying, "lose the weight first then do strength training".
    keep up the good work all, colleen

Yes, definitely add weight training. So good for you:
    - more muscles burn more calories
    - you look better: ie. sculpted buttocks, great shoulders to show off a nice waist, etc.

BUT I have to disagree w/ the lose weight first.

See Vismal's thread: I think he mentions his regret of not starting weight training sooner, instead of waiting until he lost much of the weight:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1
  • becs3578
    Options
    On the "weight training"
    I started crossfit (which has a ton of weight target) when I still had a ton of weight to lose. For me it was really helpful. I will always use weighted workouts in some form, even if I decide to Chnage from a crossfit to a regular gym.

Had my weekly weigh in today. Down 7.2
    Lbs from our first weigh in. That I just about 1 lb a week since we started and that was my goal. I am hoping I can reach my goal of 120 (7.2
    Lbs to go) by June 1. But I gave myself till the end of my 100 day challenge (ends July 1st) so I know I can get it done!

Checked out the spreedsheet today. Yall are doing awesome!!!! Can't wait to see where we are at the finish line.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Thank you Huango and becs !!!
    For some time now I have been thinking of doing weights, I guess I should of ignored the info on losing the weight first...haha I do some body weight exercises, situps, pushups,planks..
    My sons left their weight lifting equipment in my basement so I will grab them this week and see what I can do... thanks !!!
    WOW becs, great weight loss... a pound a week is great !!!! Half way to your goal !!
    Colleen
  • becs3578
    Options
    Colleen - thank you. It has been a long long road. If I can lose these a little over 7 lbs I will have lost 60 totally over 3 years. Low and slow but I love the body that has come out of it. But... Always a little room for improving and getting stronger.

I use heavier (but not crazy heavy) weights at crossfit. At home I only have a pair of 5 lb and 8lb dumbbells but I swear with the right exercises that is plenty. I love the app by SKIMBLE (workout trainer). Been using it a few weeks and I can tell it what part of the body I want to work and how much time I had. Just complete a seriously intense 5 mins abs routine. I swear it felt like 15 mins. Ha!!! Now time for bed.

You are doing great Colleen. You should be so proud. Just keep it up!