Options
    canky77 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

sarahcank wrote: »
    so you can eat too much salad? i have it plain as i don't like sauces.

surely if i'm burning 650-900 and sweating my *kitten* off then what i'm eating is okay?

Thanks guys x

"two handfuls" of cereal...could be two servings, three servings?
    chicken salad has mayo...and how many ounces of chicken?
    bananas should be weighed, they can have up to 120 calories
    meat and veggies for dinner...how many ounces of meat? 4? 6? 8? What kind of veggies and how many ounces? Did you cook with oil?

Yes. Not weighing your salads and meats can stall weight loss.

how much cereal should i be having?
    i don't like mayonaise, i make my salads fresh at home every day and put them in a little tub and take them to work with me.
    i normally have a 4oz chicken breast :) i use frylight spray :)

thanks

You should be having the amount that fits into your deficit...which is why you need to weigh it...so you know.

How do you know you have 4 oz of chicken?

I have 1 large chicken breast for the whole day, broken into 2 meals, i had one in the fridge and i just weighed it :)

i'm very fussy else i would eat fish etc but i can't stomach it.

how does the food work when i'm burning 600 calories in the gym? i don't fully understand it all.

If i'm eating less than i was before i went on a diet and im working out more and not eating anything bad, surely i shouldn't stall on my weight loss journey and struggle to lose?

sorry to sound dumb, i just need things explaining.

Weight loss is not always linear. Some weeks you might not lose, and then the next it might drop off quickly. Water retention and hormones play a big roll in this.

Regardless, start weighing your food now. The more you have to lose, the more wiggle room you have. But as you get smaller and your deficit is not as large, it's really important to have the best idea you possibly can of how much you're eating.

Thank you for your help :)

how do i know what someone of my size should be eating? is there somewhere i can find out? x

Well...what MFP tells you to eat is a good start. How did you set the app up? Did you enter your height/weight/activity level? MFP uses the NEAT method which will tell you how much to eat to lose weight, not including exercise-only your typical daily activity.
  • canky77
    canky77 Posts: 19
    Options
    i'll go and have a look, i set most of it up 22 months ago, i need to update it all :) thank you
    x
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    i'll go and have a look, i set most of it up 22 months ago, i need to update it all :) thank you
    x

Yeah check it out again. Let us know what it says.
  • dilts36
    dilts36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    100.5 Is great for your height and congrats on the 25lbs so far but i completely agree with most people here. Track your food, it gives you a really good understanding on what and how much you are eating. Also maybe throw in some nuts in the beginning of the day and never go to bed hungry!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi, Without seeing your diary, it could be anything. And without weighing and measuring your food, there's no way to know what you are really eating calorie-wise. You could be eating too little. You could be eating too much. I would aim for the amount of calories MFP says you should have, weigh and measure your food, and eat back at least part of your exercise calories, since you are sure how many calories you burn.
  • canky77
    Options
    dilts36 wrote: »
    100.5 Is great for your height and congrats on the 25lbs so far but i completely agree with most people here. Track your food, it gives you a really good understanding on what and how much you are eating. Also maybe throw in some nuts in the beginning of the day and never go to bed hungry!

100.5 kg is very heavy for my height :(
    i'm fussy and don't like nuts unfortunately :(

thanks for commenting :)
  • canky77
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    Hi, Without seeing your diary, it could be anything. And without weighing and measuring your food, there's no way to know what you are really eating calorie-wise. You could be eating too little. You could be eating too much. I would aim for the amount of calories MFP says you should have, weigh and measure your food, and eat back at least part of your exercise calories, since you are sure how many calories you burn.

thank you
    x
  • canky77
    Options
    x

now i've changed it, its told me i need to eat 1,200 calories a day :)

Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,200 Calories / Day
    Carbs / Day 150.0 g
    Fat / Day 40.0 g
    Protein / Day 60.0 g

:)
  • shiningstar93
    shiningstar93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to reset your goals as you lose weight.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 200 pounds and are eating 1200 cals per day (even if you are eating over and say at 1500 per day) there is something wrong if you are not losing weight. Please see your doctor and see if you have a hormone problem.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    dilts36 wrote: »

She is 100 KG not lbs. One KG is 2.2 pounds.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    x

Carbs / Day 150.0 g
    Fat / Day 40.0 g
    Protein / Day 60.0 g

That is net 1200 so if you burn 600 you eat 1800 - 600 = 1200 net ..

Do you have a food scale?
  • arditarose
    Options
    x

Carbs / Day 150.0 g
    Fat / Day 40.0 g
    Protein / Day 60.0 g

That is for 2 lbs a week weight loss? And what activity level?
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you set it to lose two pounds per week. I think you're already losing 1.5ish lbs per week which is quite good. I would start with measuring what you are already eating and decide from there because it is obviously a decent deficit as you have been successful so far. 1200 doesn't seem like enough for 5'8"
  • arditarose
    Options
    lcooper327 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you set it to lose two pounds per week. I think you're already losing 1.5ish lbs per week which is quite good. I would start with measuring what you are already eating and decide from there because it is obviously a decent deficit as you have been successful so far. 1200 doesn't seem like enough for 5'8"

Right. If you've been losing about 1.5 lbs a week, which is great...really start tracking. You can eat more than 1200. You're eating more than that now and losing.
  • canky77
    Options
    thank you :) i shall do :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    No MFP said you should eat 1200 calories a day given that you said you're sedentary and that you should eat back your true net exercise calories.

You are on a calorie counting web site. Must of us believe that the numbers of how much we take in and how much we expend actually matter! It lets us make decisions about eating more or less or fitting in treats.

You may want to look up the sexypants posts in the getting started forum. And the how to record your food intake accurately posts....

You may also want to use a calculator such as the if it fits your macros calculator to figure out what a realistic goal would be for you!
  • sjwoodgate
    sjwoodgate Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started last year at 257 (116.5kg) and now I'm just below you at 215lbs (97.5kg) and I am 21 and 5'2.5".You are working out alot so you need to remember muscle weighs almost twice as much more than fat, are you tracking your measurements too? I have lost 8 inches over all so far but only 3lbs. You are eating the right stuff (obviously) but like everyone says you have weigh and log everything to get the full impact of how many calories you are eating :smile: well done on your loss so far and good luck with the rest of the weight loss
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Does op use food scale?????
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Does op use food scale?????

No. She hasn't really been tracking. She opened this up months ago and just reset her stats.