Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.15.08 - 12.21.08

Options

Replies

• slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Last night I did two of my Turbo Jam videos, Fat Blaster (30 minutes) and Ab Jam (20 minutes) and my abs are sore today!

My goal for today is to exercise tonight, drink plenty of water and not to eat the oreos my boyfriend just had to have.

Random, but I know exactly how this feels. My fiance just HAS to have his oreos ...:(
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Alright my perfect 10 buddies! I weighed in this morning and I got to say adios to 10 pounds! I am now starting on my second round of 10 pounds! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful!!!! congratulations!!!!! :drinker:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is Awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you Allenhm!!!

I have done good the past two nights not eating after 8:30. Isn't it funny the habits we get into and dont even know we have them. I too get hungry about an hour before bed and didnt realize it till now.

My goal for basicly the whole week is to watch my portions and not go back for seconds. Stay away from the sweets or only have one thing that I just cant live without. Last is lots and lots of water. I'm just trying to make it through with no weight gain. Maintain, maintain, maintain :tongue:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Alright my perfect 10 buddies! I weighed in this morning and I got to say adios to 10 pounds! I am now starting on my second round of 10 pounds! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker:

:dance:

:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    hi everyone,
    I've been M.I. A for a few days, but i've been trying my best to keep on track. I haven't lost any weight this past week, but i have lost a few inches and my clothes are fitting better. Today i had veggie pizza for lunch and dinner, when i entered it in my food diary, iwas shocked at how much calories are in 2 slices. Pizza is one of my weaknesses, so what really shocked me is that i never considered how fattening it is before today:wink:
    over and out:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats allenhm & abs0830 on the loss!!:drinker: :drinker:
    Not to much for me to report today. I did fine with the challenge last night. Didnt eat anything after dinner and didnt wake up hungry during the night.:smile: But, I didnt manage to get my cardio workout in yesterday, was trying to get some Christmas shopping done. Still not completely done yet, but should be after today. Today though, Im going to do my cardio BEFORE I go shopping. It seems that it dont work out to well for me when I put it off til later rather than do it first thing in the morning.:grumble: So, I will be working out this Sunday to make up for yesterday.:frown: Sundays are normally my day off from exercise, but since I missed yesterday, thats my "punishment" lol:wink:
    Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    hi everyone,
    I've been M.I. A for a few days, but i've been trying my best to keep on track. I haven't lost any weight this past week, but i have lost a few inches and my clothes are fitting better. Today i had veggie pizza for lunch and dinner, when i entered it in my food diary, iwas shocked at how much calories are in 2 slices. Pizza is one of my weaknesses, so what really shocked me is that i never considered how fattening it is before today:wink:
    over and out:drinker:

Pizza is one of my weaknesses too:frown: Why is it that everything we absolutely love has to be sooo fattening?:ohwell:
  • abs0830
    Options
    Did you guys ever try making a pita pizza? My sister suggested it and they are really good! Just take a pita (the whole thing so it should be round) and lay it flat on a baking sheet, spread sauce, cheese and toppings. I use marina sauce (Prego), Light Italian Cheese, mushrooms and black olives...it's 270 calories for one and they are so good! That's how I get my pizza fix without going over calories. Sometimes I have two when I'm really hungry and it's less calories than regular pizza...even with the double the amount :happy:

Last night I did a 30 minute video and 20 minute ab video and I got in all of my water for the day (I even had 9 glasses). I did better with the challenge last night. I didn't even think about eating until I went to bed (and realized that I didn't get that craving).

Oh and I exercised this morning since I don't think I'll have time tonight. My goals for the rest of the day are to not go to KFC for lunch (because that's what I really want) and to drink all my water!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    abs ,
    that recipe sounds delicious, i definitely will try it when i feel the craving coming on, i really love mushrooms:smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey guys,sorry ive been MIA...but im still around!

Congrats allenhm & abs0830 on the loss:drinker: And abs,im SO trying that pita pizza...mmm,turkey pepperonie and some sweet onions and mushrooms OH MY :wink:

ok,This is day two...im back on the wagon Wish me luck girls!:smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Good Morning! :drinker: This is day three

Today is some upper body work and then i need to shampoo my kids carpet...its starting to get really ugly in there:blushing:

I ALMOST ate some funyuns at 10pm last night.....my DH stopped me,asked me why i was on a diet....he reminded me WHY(of course he said that it didn't mattter to him if i lost weight or not but he knows that IM not happy with myself) He such a sweetie....he also said that he didn't want to see me pouting around today:happy: :tongue:

bbl
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! :drinker: This is day three

Today is some upper body work and then i need to shampoo my kids carpet...its starting to get really ugly in there:blushing:

I ALMOST ate some funyuns at 10pm last night.....my DH stopped me,asked me why i was on a diet....he reminded me WHY(of course he said that it didn't mattter to him if i lost weight or not but he knows that IM not happy with myself) He such a sweetie....he also said that he didn't want to see me pouting around today:happy: :tongue:

bbl

What a great hubby!! :smile:

Today, my goal is to drink lots and lot of water and not drink too much tonight...a couple girlfriends are taking me out tonight! I'm so excited! I love going out with my girlfriends, and needless to say after this week I NEED it. I want to have a few drinks, but not much. I'm going to eat well all day, and then tonight dance away as many calories as possible! I dance pretty hard when I'm out, so that should help. :-)
  • abs0830
    Options
    Good morning! Just so you guys know...I'll be in an out sporadically the next week or so as I'm going back home (Illinois) for Christmas. I leave WAY early tomorrow morning (at least way early for me) and I won't get there until late. I already made lunch plans (going to Panera Bread with a friend who's on the way) and I'm going to take some snacks with me so I don't "stop real quick" to get something to eat.

Ok, so I gave in to KFC yesterday (I picked the lower calorie food) and guess what...my stomach hurt about an hour afterward. So, that's a very strong incentive to not do that again!

I did 45 minutes of exercise this morning. My goals are to drink all my water, eat healthy and drive carefully tomorrow!

I met the nighttime snacking goal for last night. However, I woke up at 2 am really hungry. I drank a few glasses of water, but I was still hungry. So, I decided to do some crunches and then I was able to go back to bed. That was a rough one!

Keep up the great work!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    That pita pizza sounds awesome! I am definatley going to be trying that!:happy:
    abs-PLEASE drive safely coming to Illinois:heart: You didnt mention what part your coming to, but I live in the SW suburbs of Chicago and we are having treacherous weather right now!:grumble: The driving conditions are horrible, schools closed all around...take it slow and easy and be safe!
    Well Im really excited today! My oldest son is on xmas break from college and is coming home today!:heart: I cant wait to see him, we miss him soooo much!:heart:
    My goals for the day is to eat within my calories, drink all my water, do my cardio, and Im seriously thinking about throwing in some circuit training with my weights today. I was doing that 3 days a week, but kinda stopped for about a month or so and started focusing more on my cardio. I just felt like I needed to burn off some more "butter" before I start building muscle...is that a good idea? Anyone who has any thoughts or opinions on that...please do tell:flowerforyou:
    Take care all, stay safe and warm!:heart:
    ~Roni
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Hope you all have had a good week. We all had a stomach virus. My son lost 3 pounds, my husband lost 2 and I lost ZERO! Makes me think of that diet pill commercial with the cartoon couple.

I have finally gotten my sick child and husband out of the house, so I can douse it Clorox. I've been making my special caramel corn (popcorn, bugles, pretzels, nuts and M&M') for my son's teachers...taste testing of course. I just noticed that the recipe does have a nutritional count. At first I didn't think it was so bad (180 cal. per serving) until I realized a serving was 1/2 cup. Whoops!

Abs and Noni, what cities are you from? I'm from the Chicago suburbs too. I lived in Mt. Prospect, Prospect Heights and Palatine growing up. We moved to KY when I was in Jr High, but I moved back to Morris and Plainfield as an adult. I was just up visiting a couple weeks ago and I miss it so much! We now live near Cincinnati...talk about a scary place to drive with snow...nobody knows what to do!

Abs, have a safe trip.

Nonibug, add the weights...the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. The more calories you burn, the more the BUTTER melts! Seriously, even at rest your muscle takes more calories to maintain, so you will be constantly burning calories.

Kelly
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've had a crazy couple days ladies - sorry I missed you! Congrats to those with losses! I still haven't gotten the guts to step on the scale after my little vacation. I've had a terrible week and fell into every last bad habit I've got. I've been terrible, not getting up for my workouts, and last night, I even ate before bed. I'll be soooo glad when Christmas is over. I LOVE it, but as it gets closer, there is always more to do and less time to do it. I'm ready to start a new year off right and start focusing on myself a little.

It seems I always have good intentions, and a plan, but following through is such a problem for me. Yesterday, I packed a healthy lunch, and worked sooo hard all day that by lunch, I was ravenous and just went to the cafeteria and ate a taco salad instead. (No, not a good, healthy salad taco salad, the cafeteria kind.) Last night, exhausted from my horrible day, stopped and got fast food for dinner... just as an example of what I do to myself.

Well, enough whining, hopefully my day will be a little slower and I can check in again later. Everyone have a good day!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Hi Kelly-
    I grew up in Ky and moved to Illinois about 20 yrs ago. I still get back home to see my family about 5-8 times a year though:blushing: Im in Justice, IL now. Thats right next to Oak Lawn, Bridgeview, Hickory Hills, etc. And I know what you mean about the driving!:grumble: When Im in Ky during the winter at all and they might HAPPEN to get snow while Im there....well its unbelieveable how the city just shuts down and people just cant drive in it! But, I suppose when you live somewhere where they arent used to any snow, its bound to be that way. And to be honest, even though I have lived here for 20 yrs now, Im still one of those that cant drive in it lol:laugh: So I just use good sense and keep my butt at home:laugh:
    LOL when you were talking about your husband and son losing....thats exactly what I pictured in my head...lol the cartoon commercial with the lady that cant lose weight while her husband is dropping it like crazy!:grumble: :laugh:
    Thanks for the advice on the weights:flowerforyou: I think the main reason I stopped to begin with was because I was doing 6 days a wk of cardio (still am) and on the 3 days a wk that I had to do my weights I felt so overwhelmed:ohwell: I found that the whole time I was doing my cardio, I was thinking oh boy...and I still have 45 mins of the weights dvd to do:noway: So how do you think it would be if on the 3 days (M-W-F) that I do the circuit training (weights) that maybe I dont need to do the cardio...? Or is it best if I just suck it up and still do my cardio those 3 days PLUS the weights? Thanks for your help...:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • abs0830
    Options
    You guys will have to let me know what you think of the pita pizza. I actually had one last night since it got me craving one.

I grew up in a small town called Streator (avoid it if possible...well, it just has a bad rep, so if you stick to the nice people and such it's fine). I honestly don't miss the snow and the really cold weather. I moved to North Carolina after I went to school in Missouri and then soon after to Virginia (for work). I go back for Christmas and such, but I stay in the house. It's just too cold to go outside! I grew up driving in snow and ice, so it's not a big deal for me...but out here I stay at home. People think it's a blizzard when there's a light dusting and they hit their breaks really hard (hint...don't do this as you WILL spin out)...it drives me nuts so I just stay home until it melts.

I actually had a problem getting motivated to do weights after my cardio workouts. However, I found that if I did weights first it was much better. I could do the weights and then do cardio (on the days I do both I do less cardio, but since I figure since I'm already doing something and sweating I might as well :bigsmile:)

I know how you feel in a way Kelhun...my honey decided to stop drinking soda and has lost 5 lbs in less than a month. He doesn't exercise and he eats crap all of the time. I try to eat healthy, exercise and don't drink soda and I haven't lost that much! It drives me crazy!!!!