IIFYM: carb help

Options
taylorvanhooren
taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hi guys!
I've got my calories set to 1480 (with a 500cal deficit) and my macros are at C: 30, F: 30, P: 40... and I'm ALWAYS going over in carbs! this is because I like to snack on fruits and veggies. today, I was over by 23 grams by noon!
I find that even if I'm within my macros for most of the day, I start to run low on calories later on and need low calorie snacks, so I go to my fruits and veggies, but then end up going way over in carbs.
so, how do you guys stay within your macros?

Replies

• cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Try to be consistent as you can on protein...carbs and fat, meh. Don't sweat it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    are you hitting your other macros? If so don't worry about it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    As long as you are 1) getting enough protein, 2) getting close to your fat, 3) staying at your calorie goal, you are fine. The carbs can be o.k.-- they are not crucial whether they are over or under.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hi guys!
    I've got my calories set to 1480 (with a 500cal deficit) and my macros are at C: 30, F: 30, P: 40... and I'm ALWAYS going over in carbs! this is because I like to snack on fruits and veggies. today, I was over by 23 grams by noon!
    I find that even if I'm within my macros for most of the day, I start to run low on calories later on and need low calorie snacks, so I go to my fruits and veggies, but then end up going way over in carbs.

Don't aim for a macro ratio, aim for at least getting a certain minimum in protein and fats then fill in the rest of your macros including carbs anyway you want.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    hi guys!

Don't aim for a macro ratio, aim for at least getting a certain minimum in protein and fats then fill in the rest of your macros including carbs anyway you want.

^ this
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    hi guys!

Yep.
  • taylorvanhooren
    edited April 2015
    Options
    so try to get all my protein and fat grams in first and then fill the rest of my cals with whatever I want? maybe that will work better for me, thanks :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    so try to get all my protein and fat grams in first and then fill the rest of my cals with whatever I want? maybe that will work better for me, thanks :)

Yes, that's why it is called if it fits your macros...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
  • taylorvanhooren
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

no need to be rude, I've been doing it a different way, trying to eat all three macros throughout the entire day and making stuff fit and if it didn't fit, not eating it.. and he suggested a different way, focusing on two macros first and not worrying about carbs, which is a way that I haven't seen before. if you have something constructive to say with advice to give, great, I'm open for that. but you don't need to be rude without having anything constructive to say or any advice to give up.
  • taylorvanhooren
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

very helpful! thank you :)
  • ndj1979
    Options

no need to be rude, I've been doing it a different way, trying to eat all three macros throughout the entire day and making stuff fit and if it didn't fit, not eating it.. and he suggested a different way, focusing on two macros first and not worrying about carbs, which is a way that I haven't seen before. if you have something constructive to say with advice to give, great, I'm open for that. but you don't need to be rude without having anything constructive to say or any advice to give up.
    I was not being rude , I answered your question..

Answering does not equal rude
  • taylorvanhooren
    Options

you didn't answer it at all, you offered up a sarcastic remark
  • ndj1979
    edited April 2015
    Options

you didn't answer it at all, you offered up a sarcastic remark

No, that is your interpretation.

You asked, I answered ...

The reason it is called iifym is bc you get your minimum macros and then fill them in, so the answer to your question was iifym