Size 24 to a size 8 in less than 9 months!

Options

Replies

• LoriL00
    LoriL00 Posts: 1
    Options
    That is awesome! I've done low carb in the past and was successful. Just wondering did incorporate fruit at all?
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Lucy8460
    Lucy8460 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow how wonderful. Way to go
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    LoriL00 wrote: »
    That is awesome! I've done low carb in the past and was successful. Just wondering did incorporate fruit at all?

Once in awhile I'll eat strawberries or blueberries, but not very often. Once I get to goal weight I'll probably eat berries a little more often, but fruit is pretty high in carb and natural sugar
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    How did you lose it?

Low carb. I stay under 20g of carbs a day

Awesome job! I love how that doing low carb gets you awesome results if it's what works for you. (Me too) what plan are you following? Can we be friends?
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

Wow congratulations!!!
  • SheilaKim1
    SheilaKim1 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Fantastic achievement well done :) I'm a size 24 and can't even imagine ever wearing a size 18!! You must be feeling so proud. Did you exercise much?
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was a 24 last month and now I'm a 22...I would be happy to be an 18 just so I won't be in the 20's anymore.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very awesome, congrats! I can't wait to have that feeling myself.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    SheilaKim1 wrote: »
    Fantastic achievement well done :) I'm a size 24 and can't even imagine ever wearing a size 18!! You must be feeling so proud. Did you exercise much?

I haven't exercised at all, until yesterday. My.New goal is to add.in exercise everyday. After you get to size16 or 18 the other sizes go down quicker
  • readytobehealthy58
    readytobehealthy58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very, very inspirational to ALL those out there looking to achieve what you have done.
    Be proud!
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Low carb is definitely effective to shed those lbs fast!! I do every-so-often to jumpstart my weight-loss.... Low carb for a few months, then slowly transition to low calorie. I
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Crikey. That's impressive!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. You are an inspiration!
  • Railuki
    Railuki Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress!
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!

They go down much quicker after size 16 or 18. I actually didn't even lose much weight on the scale when I went from my size 11 pants to the size 8. Maybe 5 pounds at most. It took about 20 pounds to go down in size from the higher sizes. I really wasn't expecting to get a size 8 on at all I was just curious on how close I was when I tried them on and to my surprise they fit. So then I tried a 6 out of curiousity and they zipped and buttoned but definitely did not fit so I'm guessing within the next 10 pounds I'll be in the 6

That is interesting and good to know! I'm in 18s now - sometimes 20 depending on the pants. I can get size 16 slacks on but not buttoned and definitely not something I can sit in. LOL The smallest I remember being in recent times was 16 jeans, I think - but I wasn't working out then. I would love to be in 14s by the end of summer!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!