Size 24 to a size 8 in less than 9 months!

Options

Replies

• Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great work! Do you count calories as well or just carbs? I've been low carb for awhile and I also keep my calories in the 1,200 - 1,400 range. Just curious what worked for you. :)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif

• WyldcatGirl
    WyldcatGirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yay for you!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Lib_B wrote: »
    Great work! Do you count calories as well or just carbs? I've been low carb for awhile and I also keep my calories in the 1,200 - 1,400 range. Just curious what worked for you. :)

I just count carbs. I don't pay attention to calories or fat. It varies everyday. I eat when I'm hungry, and don't eat if I'm not. Some days I'll eat all day and others I eat barely anything
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

That's exciting! Congrats :)
  • kkpal
    kkpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What do you eat to keep under 20 g of carb?
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    Mostly meats, healthy fats, cheese, eggs and green veggies
  • Mophead72
    Mophead72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there firstly fantastic weight lose well done , can I have a few tips on the diet you do needing to lose 3.7 stone already lost 4 stone from july 14 to Dec but then stayed the same from Dec to Feb got disheartened and I've gained 8 pounds
    But determined to lose last 3.7 of weight now
    I did varied low carb diet and exercise could do with help on daily ideas please x
  • Malzbell
    Malzbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    Mophead72 wrote: »
    Hi there firstly fantastic weight lose well done , can I have a few tips on the diet you do needing to lose 3.7 stone already lost 4 stone from july 14 to Dec but then stayed the same from Dec to Feb got disheartened and I've gained 8 pounds
    I did varied low carb diet and exercise could do with help on daily ideas please x

The only thing I have done is stick to 20g of carbs a day. I just started exercising Sunday because I want to tone up. I go weeks without losing anything, then all of a sudden I'll drop 5 to 10 pounds in a week. It is really weird. I got a lot of tips from atkins.com and the Facebook page "I love low carb" some people stall if they eat too much dairy. Some people need to eat a lot of good fat to lose and some have to do somewhat low calorie along with the low carb. Everyone is a little different. Did you change anything in your diet in your diet while you weren't losing?
  • iamimagine
    iamimagine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. You have given me hope and inspiration. Thank you!
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is amazing! You're amazing! I have hope it can be done for me too! I started at a size 26 almost 5 months ago and I'm a 18 now. I hope my sizes will drop fast! You're my inspiration!!!

How fast did you notice your sizes going down?
  • LastingHealth
    LastingHealth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I am so excited for you! That is wonderful. :) Congratulations.
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    This is amazing! You're amazing! I have hope it can be done for me too! I started at a size 26 almost 5 months ago and I'm a 18 now. I hope my sizes will drop fast! You're my inspiration!!!

After you hit size 16 or 18 the sizes seem to drop a lot faster. About every 10 pounds instead of 20. 26 to 18 in 5 months is awesome
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!
    I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

Wow congratulations!!!

Just wanted to chime in that YES the sizes will start going down much much faster. I was in size 22 for about 60 lb of loss before I even started fitting into 20, but then 18 came within the next 20 lb and it seems like for me at 5'8" there are now only about 5-10 lb between each size (currently in size 10 or 9 if juniors...7 lb ago wore 11/12). Just another voice confirming that yes the sizes will change much more quickly the lower you go.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss and commitment to low carb is amazing! I could never subsist on 20g of carbs a day. I love fruit and eat quite a bit of it. Plus, I love beer. I'm pretty sure alcohol is out for most low carb. I wish someone could come up with an all-carb diet that worked. lol
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    Your weight loss and commitment to low carb is amazing! I could never subsist on 20g of carbs a day. I love fruit and eat quite a bit of it. Plus, I love beer. I'm pretty sure alcohol is out for most low carb. I wish someone could come up with an all-carb diet that worked. lol

Low carb isn't for everyone. It is something I can easily stick to for life which is why I chose it. I thought there was no way I could do it for the first two weeks, but then the cravings and withdrawal went away and it is amazingly easy. I can't stick to low calorie. I get obsessed and starve myself and then give up, but I have personally seen low calorie work for a lot of people and most people on this site seem to be low calorie so that works as well just got to figure out which is best for lofe for each individual person. Lots of alcohol is 0 carb and can be mixed with chrystal light or diet pop. Your body just burns the alcohol off first so ot stops weight loss for a day or two of that. There are some low carb beers too but I don't know which one's I'm sure it could be googled. I rarely drink but I have had a couple drinks maybe 3 times since July and it didn't seem to hurt much, except for the hangover.
  • AngelRN2014
    AngelRN2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mophead72 wrote: »

• MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »

After you hit size 16 or 18 the sizes seem to drop a lot faster. About every 10 pounds instead of 20. 26 to 18 in 5 months is awesome

Eek. I can put 16s on but I can't zipper and button yet. Wow my motivation is through the roof after reading your post!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!