What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Brunch - Omelette with roast beef, cheddar jack cheese, asparagus and spinach; cucumber; tomato; and red bell pepper.

j7tdql4eycj2.jpg

Dinner - Roast beef sandwich with mixed sprouts, avocado, tomato, swiss cheese, and mustard; bbq baked beans; macaroni salad; cucumber; and asparagus.

ihy0n6qbower.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Vegan brunch @ V Street.

Peruvian home fries, aji amarillo, cilantro, olive, peanut

20150412_120950.jpg

Chilled kung pao noodles, charred broccoli, peanut, scallion

20150412_120733.jpg

Pho spiced mushrooms, biscuit

20150412_122126.jpg

Waffles, blackberry preserves, sesame butter, ponzu maple syrup

20150412_121701.jpg

Scrambled "poha", spicy chaat salad, creamy cucumber, harissa

20150412_122520.jpg

Churros, banana curry ice cream

20150412_123231.jpg

Found this today while grocery shopping

20150412_135025.jpg
  • 1TigerEyes
    1TigerEyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Though they all look very delicious, some of these don't look very healthy. Are they healthy versions of favorites? Or are some foods you've had on cheat days?
    Recipes would be greatly appreciated too. Sorry, just getting back on here again ... still a newbie with many questions. :D
    Thanks in advance.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    1TigerEyes wrote: »
    Though they all look very delicious, some of these don't look very healthy. Are they healthy versions of favorites? Or are some foods you've had on cheat days?
    Recipes would be greatly appreciated too. Sorry, just getting back on here again ... still a newbie with many questions. :D
    Thanks in advance.

Different people have different definitions of healthy and different goals for this site. People are generally willing to share recipes if you see something specific you want to ask about. Personally I don't have cheat days, I figure out ways to fit the food I like in every day. That includes wine and sweets. Yesterday I had pizza and this morning I had a donut with breakfast. That may not fit your definition of healthy but it hasn't hindered me from reaching my goals.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Thanks in advance.

Different people have different definitions of healthy and different goals for this site. People are generally willing to share recipes if you see something specific you want to ask about. Personally I don't have cheat days, I figure out ways to fit the food I like in every day. That includes wine and sweets. Yesterday I had pizza and this morning I had a donut with breakfast. That may not fit your definition of healthy but it hasn't hindered me from reaching my goals.
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've had great luck PMing for recipes--most don't post it, which on the plus side makes for a more streamlined food pic feed (though all power to those who do include a recipe!).
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks in advance.

Foods/dishes don't exist in a vacuum, how they fit within the context of ones goals, total diet etc will determine if it is healthy or not
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    May just be me... but I see Chuck Norris' face in that little piece of avocado right above ^^ . The piece on the left.
    Am I crazy?!

mee to now that you mention it, lol
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Homemade black eyed peas, asparagus, red bell pepper, cucumber, steamed green beans, and new potatoes.

e68mx5gwqhum.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    3Hk2Gbr.jpg
    300g brussels, pepper and tuna mixed with chipotle hummus

k1MBxqD.jpg

• SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    3Hk2Gbr.jpg
    300g brussels, pepper and tuna mixed with chipotle hummus

k1MBxqD.jpg

hahaha said no one ever :mrgreen: <=)
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    suhjybtimhuv.jpg

Lunch:
    - Mashed sweet potatoes with pepper and ground cinnamon
    - Chicken stewed in tomato sauce (garlic, basil, oregano), chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and yellow capsicum
    - Hersheys cookies and cream chocolate bar (not in picture)

Snacks:
    - Papaya
    - Honeydew
    - Edamame with Himalayan pink salt
    - Egg
    - (Crunchy) Peanut butter jelly sandwich (not in picture)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Guys, please don't picture quote!

Busy weekend of going out and eating yummy food..

But went for dinner on Friday, forgot to snap the food but got my wine and PG friends' slushie (and yes, I had that whole bottle).
    3vgoyzp3c0mo.jpg

Same issue on Saturday's lunch, I just snapped the beer instead of the meal, LOL (priorities right?) But yes, the Kronenberg blanc went well with my non-pictured chicken tacos.
    dj23gjb4rr67.jpg

THEN Saturday night I FINALLY remembered to take a picture of my prawn salad rolls with peanut sauce, and thai lemongrass soup!
    xtanqwx1jqpc.jpg
    v7f2iw1v164m.jpg
  • paveni
    paveni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Busy weekend of going out and eating yummy food..

But went for dinner on Friday, forgot to snap the food but got my wine and PG friends' slushie (and yes, I had that whole bottle).

Same issue on Saturday's lunch, I just snapped the beer instead of the meal, LOL (priorities right?) But yes, the Kronenberg blanc went well with my non-pictured chicken tacos.

This is why we are friends. Priorities.

• paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    e44lz5ay6b1g.jpg
    Scrambled Egg with Ham and Mushrooms with Cucumber
    frnc6wv4i5oi.jpg
    Just a colourful fruit breakfast
    7t3lz97mthhw.jpg
    Paleo Bubble and Squeak :yum:
    es3v47i6v4wc.jpg
    Onion, Mushroom and Broccoli Omelette with Braised Beef