What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone it’s been awhile. I have been eating just been to busy. Here is my platter from collingwood after my hike. And off to the spa for the day
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Piece of my cheesecake, slice of my angel food cake, topped it all with my frosting and added store bought berries as a snack while catching up on "Men in the high castle".
    tcgh6c3r73nu.jpg

Dinner was grilled broccolini, grass fed tenderloin steak and roasted Japanese yams with cucumber salad and Chianti.
    lhwarvpnb6nc.jpg

Do you find those Japanese yams more sugary than most? I use to bake them and put them in my smoothies as a sweetener.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Made my own summer rolls with shrimp. Soooo good too!
  • DistortedVisionUK
    DistortedVisionUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dinner....

7bbpnibmak04.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    Takeaway Korean fried chicken and slaw. The rice was homemade.2jkc47hw5tya.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    jonjaxmom wrote: »

I make my life easy and serve these "family style" where everyone rolls their own at the table. Makes a socialable meal done this way. I supply a bowl of warm water on the table for dipping the rice paper wrappers into to soften. The main filler is half and half grated carrot mixed with chopped cooked bean vermicelli Supply herbs such as basil, coriander and mint as well as some shredded lettuce. Protein could be cold poached skinless chicken or pork belly sliced thin, poached prawns or thinly sliced grilled steak. Dipping sauce can be nuoc cham, hoisin thinned with soy, or peanut satay sauce. Nice to have a choice of dipping sauces and proteins if you are doing this for a dinner party.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    "Good for what ail's ya!" - homemade, old-school, hearty chicken soup made with an old-school, jiggle-top pressure cooker. Slightly less than 90 minutes start to service, includes browning the chicken thighs and deboning them after cooking.

1. Under pressure.
    2. Done.
    3. Served.

fgrko59ns5c5.jpg

k8s5h78eld8d.jpg

0ezbl059d2eh.jpg

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    jonjaxmom wrote: »

I make my life easy and serve these "family style" where everyone rolls their own at the table. Makes a socialable meal done this way. I supply a bowl of warm water on the table for dipping the rice paper wrappers into to soften. The main filler is half and half grated carrot mixed with chopped cooked bean vermicelli Supply herbs such as basil, coriander and mint as well as some shredded lettuce. Protein could be cold poached skinless chicken or pork belly sliced thin, poached prawns or thinly sliced grilled steak. Dipping sauce can be nuoc cham, hoisin thinned with soy, or peanut satay sauce. Nice to have a choice of dipping sauces and proteins if you are doing this for a dinner party.
    What a great idea! Everyone gets what they want and it is eaten fresh!
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Autumn is fully here! Off the beach, leaving the outdoor grill idle, and back to full kitchen utilization. Today: fresh bread (and a salad) to go with the leftover hearty chicken soup from yesterday's posting (which is more amazingly-flavored today). First loaf baked since around May, went with the skillet-boule format.

giwl8fkybgzp.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Pan fried dusted sole. Rachel Roddy’s summer vegetable pasta recipe.
    hmptz34yvoht.jpeg
    yfqiq9ce8i01.jpeg

• H0ckeyplaya55
    H0ckeyplaya55 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is my daily post workout meal ... 8oz lean beef ... 100g green beans ... 6oz sweet potato
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pan fried dusted sole. Rachel Roddy’s summer vegetable pasta recipe.
    hmptz34yvoht.jpeg
    yfqiq9ce8i01.jpeg

Delicious looking as usual, and I love your plates!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Lamb shoulder rendang, rice, cucumber salad with Japanese sesame dressing. I have patterned plates because I once read you tend to serve yourself less food on a patterned smallish plate.
    187ic77nxxgf.jpeg
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    yr54ilj9x4xg.jpeg

Shredded chicken in a Sazon sauce on top of rice and beans o:)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    1c7etzlal7r2.jpg
    z7ul31weucxl.jpg
    g5axtgzglzdr.jpg
    xefon9wuaimf.jpg
    55enztsohgfl.jpg
    b1niexq3xqt8.jpg
    r1gffb34eakw.jpg
    k7pejvqfcyfc.jpg
    hidrp9fn6qf5.jpg
    pmm0fs3oqhm3.jpg
    co3yfj5fbv9z.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Over caramelised miso/mirin aubergine and homestyle Peking duck.
    jr1xptvi73xx.jpeg
    nlrqohai3bgf.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    Baked/broiled lemon-dill sockeye salmon and lightly breaded lemon-pepper monkfish, broiled brussels sprouts; served with side salad and brown rice. I could have been a little quicker to remove the food from the broiler when the timer alarm went off, but the little bit of char seemed ok to everyone.

1. Ready for baking.
    2. Done - baked to cook, broiled for finish, with steamed seasoned brussels sprouts added for the broil phase.

gjkbjsikndts.jpg

j3514yw407jv.jpg

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner
    jub3mvc4rmvt.jpg
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    nz2x126dw5q8.jpeg
    cu5tz1e7wjwa.jpeg
    si5jvr1gsqdp.jpeg
    30xxj8r29hel.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Mash for one. Meatballs, sauerkraut and roast tomatoes for two.
    8o6e2wdslnri.jpeg