Your favorite lower calorie ice creams when a craving hits?

Options

Replies

• lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Froyo. 90 calories per serving. I always have a double serving. I Weigh it out.
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tastes just like a fudge bar.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I get the Arctic Zero if I'm feeling like a big bowl of ice cream...whole pint only 135 calories and the "Touch of Mint" flavor is surprisingly good!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned. IMO all the other lower calorie stuff isn't worth it (like Breyer's. Meh. Except their gelato, which is delicious, but more like 170 calories a cup).

I eat ice cream or gelato a lot but I still avoid B&J and Haagen Dazs because it's much harder to fit 300+ calories in a day. I typically buy Talenti gelato at this point, it's 200-240 calories for a serving but it's very satisfying.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you freeze banana chunks (from 2 - 3 bananas), then put them in a food processor/blender with a tbsp or 2 of peanut butter, it makes banana ice cream. Process/blend until smooth. If you haven't tried this before, totally do it. It is DELICIOUS, has the consistency of like a soft serve ice cream, and is just made out of bananas and peanut butter! I would think that is less calories than real ice cream, I don't know, but the real benefit is that your sugars and fats (if you use natural peanut butter) are lower and all natural! YUMMY!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ever tried Arctic Zero? I've never tried it so I can't vouch for its taste, but some people swear by it. Apparently it's only like 150-200 calories for a whole pint.
  • Trix55
    Trix55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Halo Top is delicious! 80 cals/13 carbs/4 fat/7 protein!!/5 fiber for the chocolate (per serving - 4 servings per pint). The other flavors are a tad lower.
  • beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you like frozen yogurt I would recommend Yasso's bars. They're a little pricier but worth it IMO and have between 80-130 calories per bar depending on what flavor you get.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    lime sherbert
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas, keep a few in the freezer. Stick them in the food processor for like 20-30 pulses until it's smooth, add whatever flavors ya like (Peanut butter is amazing of course) and mix again, then put it back into the freezer to firm up, it's SO yummy. But you do have to like bananas lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    If you freeze banana chunks (from 2 - 3 bananas), then put them in a food processor/blender with a tbsp or 2 of peanut butter, it makes banana ice cream. Process/blend until smooth. If you haven't tried this before, totally do it. It is DELICIOUS, has the consistency of like a soft serve ice cream, and is just made out of bananas and peanut butter! I would think that is less calories than real ice cream, I don't know, but the real benefit is that your sugars and fats (if you use natural peanut butter) are lower and all natural! YUMMY!

3 bananas... 315 calories
    2 tablespoons peanut butter... 190 calories
    That's a total of 505 calories

Not lower calorie at all.

There are about 14 grams of sugar in each banana. That's a total of 42 grams of sugar.

A half cup of my Talenti gelato -- I'll even pick the calorically dense Sea Salt Caramel -- has 240 calories and 35 grams of sugar.

I'll stick with gelato.

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Chapman's no sugar added vanilla (Canadian). I bought it for myself and something else for the kids but they ate mine before I could have any without noticing that it was the no sugar added type.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My 'go to', for on-a-regular-basis ice cream consumption, is "TruMoo Lowfat Chocolate Milk Scoops" -- which is labelled as being "Frozen Scoopable Lowfat Chocolate Milk Treat", given that it's basically a rendered-scoopable, tastes-like-an-ice-cream-ized-form-of-chocolate-ice-'bar' version of 'frozen chocolate milk'... and TruMoo's lowfat chocolate milk, which, among other things, doesn't have high fructose corn syrup, is the only chocolate milk whose taste I like, and will (and do) drink...

1/2-cup has -- 100 calories / 1g fat / 19g Total Carbs, 18g of which = sugar / 4g protein / 85mg sodium / 15% daily value of Calcium

Ingredient list: Nonfat milk, Sugar, Cocoa, Cream, less than 2% cellulose gel, cellulose gum, guar gum, carrageenan, cornstarch, salt, natural flavors, Vitamin A Palmitate

I throw some almonds into added-to-a-bowl scoops, to create chocolate almond 'ice cream', and love the overall taste... but what I love most is the fact that I can eat as much as I do, for as few calories as there are, and that my sense of taste gets to do a tango with ice cream cool-plus-sweet...

I also love Talenti gelato, which definitely is higher in calories, doesn't have 'crap' in its composition, and is oh, so delicious...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you like frozen yogurt I would recommend Yasso's bars. They're a little pricier but worth it IMO and have between 80-130 calories per bar depending on what flavor you get.

I bought those. Had one. Threw the rest in the trash. Completely tasteless for the calories!
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero, Edy's slow churned (I like cookie dough most as well as the no sugar added versions), skinny cow (especially no sugar added vanilla sandwiches), weight watchers giant fudge bars and others, Yasso (the cookie dough is heaven), enlightened ice cream bars or sandwiches (especially the chocolate ice cream bar), blue bell no sugar added vanilla....or fruit popsicles (but that is probably not what you are looking for..)
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    also good: homemade ice cream or frozen yoghurt in the ice cream maker
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bryers cookies and cream is about 149 calories per 64 gram serving...
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel -- only 170 cals in a 100g+ (just over 100g) serving, and an unbelievably attractive flavor and texture. Lower cal per gram than many "light" ice creams / gelatos or ice cream substitutes. Unfortunately can be hard to find.
  • mrsjb1984
    mrsjb1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For those of us in the u.k, mars bar ice creams-140 cals a bar....yummy!
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches