Question regarding Dr. Bernstein

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Bread is bread. Since you are just following a diet based on the diet they set up for you, I wouldn't worry about whether you are getting the right bread or not. as long as you are eating fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. As for the nutritional aspect of it, there isn't much difference from one bread to the next.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who just went back onto Dr. B. She lost 75 pounds about 2 years ago and some has crept back on. We went out for dinner on Saturday night, man, I felt bad for her. Her face had no colour...well I guess Grey is a colour. Special ordered her dinner (nothing wrong with that) but she could only have green vegetables....is that a sugar thing? I was happily downing my glass of wine and some wild rice with my seafood and eating multicoloured vegetables. It definitely wouldn't be a diet for me.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr. Bernstein?

A coworker of mine did this a few years ago. If I remember correctly (the OP can correct me if I'm wrong) it's a super low calorie diet restricting many foods, and you also get vitamin injections. She did it for maybe 6 months, lost a lot of weight and a TON of money, and gained it all back and then some shortly after.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Dr. B's diet is way too low on calories and essential nutrients ( hello that's why the b12 shots when on it). Everyone I know who has used it (4 people-3 males) all regain the weight when it stops. It lets you eat 500 -600 calories a day.
    Try the gentler sustainable approach of my fitness pal.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Chiming in because I too know people who have done Dr. Bernsteins and gained everything back plus more. Plus doling out $700 a month, getting a B-shot in the bum and losing their hair.

I realize this is not the OP's question but I felt the need to get on the Dr. B hate bandwagon.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Never heard of Dr. Bernstein. Seriously, people complicate this all too much. It's calories in/calories out. Eat at a deficit and you will lose. No need to cut carbs for a "jump start" unless you have a medical condition requiring you to eat less of them.

Yes, yes, yes, yes. And another yes!
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was one of the people who lost weight in my wallet but lost tons of weight overall as well"........... Now I'm on here cause I gained it back and more.....wallet however did not gain
    Calories in , calories out.....it works and it's free