The Healthy Way: Thigh gap

Options

Replies

• rizlah01
    rizlah01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know anyways that can get me a thigh gap healthily

Calorie deficit and low protein will cause you're body to reduce weight and use muscle stores for energy. Just be careful you don't want to loose too much muscle. To maintain muscle you typically need to eat 1/2 to 1g protein per kilometre of body weight daily. So to reduce muscle you'll want to be eating less that 1/2g but not so much that you can't function. Your body needs protein for repair.

Also don't run as this will build leg muscles. You're best bet is to simply walk at a fast enough pace to raise your heart rate to about 60% max. Max being calculated as 220-age.

Lots of people might disagree with this. But it will work and the science is close enough to get results.

You'll also want to drink at least 2.5-3 ltrs of water a day which will encourage your body to let go of any water that is currently holding onto.

Good luck. I can't guarantee a thigh gap but I can guarantee you'll loose weight and reduce muscle mass by following this religiously.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I don't have a thigh gap... The other day I was in the rest room with my phone and I dropped my phone... If I had a thigh gap it would have gone right into the toilet.

Brilliant! Always look on the bright side of life...
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    As said above its genetic, and also they will photoshop you half to death before they publish your pic, so why worry. Good luck in your career x
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I think this is a thigh gap
    7-Exercises-for-Thight-Gap-Featured-New.jpg

I think this is what some people imagine a thigh gap should be, which just looks pre-pubescent to me

The thing is, that woman is arching her back, tilting her pelvis, squatting a bit and widening her hip joints to create/accentuate that gap, which is what 90% of pictures I see are also doing. It's clever posing more than genetics. I can achieve a thigh gap standing like that (albeit a small one!) and god knows I am nowhere near having one normally, nor would I want one...

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options

I think this is what some people imagine a thigh gap should be, which just looks pre-pubescent to me

The thing is, that woman is arching her back, tilting her pelvis, squatting a bit and widening her hip joints to create/accentuate that gap, which is what 90% of pictures I see are also doing. It's clever posing more than genetics. I can achieve a thigh gap standing like that (albeit a small one!) and god knows I am nowhere near having one normally, nor would I want one...

...which is probably the pose a lot of those models have since so very few women have real thigh gaps.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

True
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    its funny how times have changed, when i was in school many moons ago, no one wanted a thigh gap, it was seen as a sign of having a big bagingo......... which i know is not true, but it always makes me smile when i see them mentioned.!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Crikey.

ftj3pf.jpg

At the bottom, I did expect to see a troll face.

*stops googling thigh gap images before he vomits*
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Crikey.

ftj3pf.jpg

Yikes.

Well, I guess that is one answer to the question "when am I ever going to use geometry in real life?"
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think wide hips and thick, toned thighs with a little thigh gap at the top is so hot! But you have to have those genetics and most don't.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've only known one adult female ever who had a thigh gap. She weighed less than 100 lbs.

There were a few teens in high school who, I remember, had one.

I don't recall anyone ever commenting on these thigh gaps.

Only here at MFP. Until I came here, I didn't even know what it was called. :smile:

I've got one, if we're talking about that gap right at the top and I'm 160lbs .. it's genetics

thigh-gap.jpg

Pretty sure that first pic is photoshopped, along with some fancy body positioning.

The second one just looks pre-pubescent or anorexic. Neither is attractive.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a woman whose thighs I would consider thick having a thigh gap. I mean, I haven't made a survey of it but I just can't remember ever seeing that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Ever notice that when pictures of thigh gaps appear, that the female showing it has their toes turned in and their heels turned out? Who walks and stands that way normally?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    man dont give me the thigh gap stuff. I am so bringing back tooth gaps!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As far as I am concerned, as a man, the only thigh gap I am concerned about filling is this one existing between these ladies.
    stock-photo-midsection-of-two-women-sunbathing-on-air-mattresses-67609534.jpg
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    As far as I am concerned, as a man, the only thigh gap I am concerned about filling is this one existing between these ladies.
    stock-photo-midsection-of-two-women-sunbathing-on-air-mattresses-67609534.jpg[img][/img]

sooooo you want to put it into that green floaty thing they're on!??
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Ilikelamps wrote: »
    stock-photo-midsection-of-two-women-sunbathing-on-air-mattresses-67609534.jpg

sooooo you want to put it into that green floaty thing they're on!??
    Stock pictures were limited, but yeah, I'd like to nestle myself between gorgeous women, and get some sun.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

This so much. So many of those glorified thigh gaps are just women pushing out their butt. The other pictures of those with smaller hips that are legit are...well...freightening. It's amazing what our youth is glorifying these day.

Celebrities instagrams...man...it's the Mecca of photoshopped/butt pushed out thigh gap central. I'm looking at you Beyoncé....
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Crikey.

ftj3pf.jpg

Yikes.

Well, I guess that is one answer to the question "when am I ever going to use geometry in real life?"

:D