srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

This quote is what you are talking about

Yup. To call someone a liar and promise them suffering? This isn't church.
    And, saying "you're the only one who will suffer" is not promising them suffering.

Stop pulling straws here

Lol if you're going to be so judgmental and awful, at least have the decency to be honest and own it. Don't forget, you will suffer for your lies.

giphy.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

And, saying "you're the only one who will suffer" is not promising them suffering.

Stop pulling straws here

Lol if you're going to be so judgmental and awful, at least have the decency to be honest and own it. Don't forget, you will suffer for your lies.

abd-94.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My bad guys....I haven't posted here for a while and forgot how helpful some people are regarding calorie counting...

FIFY
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    03wccqxeauun.jpg

This is how I feel about this thread today...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Seriously.... What. The. Actual. F**k?

OP has lost 50 pounds so probably has a good idea of what she can and can't get away with.

If she wanted to just make a joke about it, it should have been posted in chit chat. Other people do come in the food and nutrition section looking for help, and help is not saying I know this is inaccurate but I'm going to do it anyway. Plus the I'll exercise extra to work off the inaccuracies... 2 of the biggest reasons we see posts about plateaus and I'm not losing threads.
  • Cranquistador
    Options

Stop pulling straws here

-_-

Wut ?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Stop pulling straws here

-_-

Wut ?

Referring to this
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

OP has lost 50 pounds so probably has a good idea of what she can and can't get away with.

If she wanted to just make a joke about it, it should have been posted in chit chat. Other people do come in the food and nutrition section looking for help, and help is not saying I know this is inaccurate but I'm going to do it anyway. Plus the I'll exercise extra to work off the inaccuracies... 2 of the biggest reasons we see posts about plateaus and I'm not losing threads.

52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-I-love-you-g-5FtM.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

you called me a liar...
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...

It's one thing not to give a high five, but to be so downright ugly about it...I don't care how exacting with measurements you are...there's no reason to hit full hate mode because someone who is having a lot of success isn't doing it exactly the way you are.

Blech.

no one got down right ugly until a supporter called those indicating she should log it accurately food weighing portion nazis...that wasn't nice.

And was it suppose to be funny probably but it wasn't...there is nothing ugly about saying you are only lying to yourself...

That's a lie, the very first response was the start of the fugly train. And there IS something ugly about calling someone a liar when all they're doing is not putting something online. I know that I pooped this morning. I don't have to log it to know. That doesn't make me a liar who deserves to suffer.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Stop pulling straws here

-_-

Wut ?

Referring to this

I'll ask it again, WUT?

How is saying that only person who will suffer negative effects from not being as accurate as possible is wishing somebody suffering? They are definitely not the same.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Really? You're butthurt just cuz she may have wanted to make a joke about it? How about the other thread that's about eating all the delicious donuts in the general diet and weight loss help that's going on right now? I mean... since you're being the internet police and all... that's not helping nobody either... just let it be. :noway:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So, I went to Chipotle for lunch today and the bowl they gave me was of epic proportions....but I'm still going to track it like I normally do as 525 calories, even tho I know it is at least 700 today :D

I will do an extra 20 minutes of cardio to make up for their awesome mistake!

I thought this was funny. I laughed. Enjoy the extra Chipotle, and enjoy the extra 20 minutes of cardio & appreciate a day well spent eating yummy food and kicking butt at the gym. Sounds like a great day to me!

• ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thanks to everyone who has been supportive. And even those who were not, you guys gave me so much entertainment today. But I think everyone can use a lesson in scrolling. Like when People post a thread that annoys me or I think is misplaced I simply scroll by it. once you guys realized what it was it was time to keep it pushing. This is outta hand!

I'm sorry I tried to post a fun thread on your oh so serious "food and nutrition" board.
  • Cranquistador
    Options

rp7y29vbkil9.jpg
  • randomtai
    Options
    Seriously, thanks to everyone who has been supportive. And even those who were not, you guys gave me so much entertainment today. But I think everyone can use a lesson in scrolling. Like when People post a thread that annoys me or I think is misplaced I simply scroll by it. once you guys realized what it was it was time to keep it pushing. This is outta hand!

I'm sorry I tried to post a fun thread on your oh so serious "food and nutrition" board.

10467284a7bec9398536ba4d5f2e6d54c3a5da86fcbc819660eeceac34cb2e43.jpg
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

You are posting in a forum that isn't designed for jokes though. While it might seem totally insignificant to you, somebody just starting out might not get why this isn't the best practice. Because let's be real here, if your bowl was 25% bigger today, that's 125ish more calories if . 20 minutes of cardio isn't going to cover it. Defray the hit? Sure. And that's ok for you personally -- but that (I can eat things I don't track, will do extra cardio) mentality get A LOT of people in trouble.

I can super duper easily burn 125ish calories in 20 minutes of cardio. Like, with my eyes closed.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

Take that food weighing, portion nazis.

I also don't own a food scale and have never weighed my food. I successfully lost 78 lbs and have kept it off for 7 months and counting. I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one! I've not dared to speak of this in the community ;)
  • randomtai
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

Take that food weighing, portion nazis.

I also don't own a food scale and have never weighed my food. I successfully lost 78 lbs and have kept it off for 7 months and counting. I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one! I've not dared to speak of this in the community ;)

brent_rambo_approves.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Options

rp7y29vbkil9.jpg

h41dw7os8qcv.jpg

ferris-bueller-car-o.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    477128864_640.jpg