Ranch dressing replacement...What is your favorite salad dressing??

Options

Replies

• LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I make my own with mustard, honey, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. It is DELICIOUS.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sprouts has a brand called Walden Farms they are viniagrettes but they have 0 calories and they are delicious... i also like the light ranch dressing or vinegar and oil...
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    amykent73 wrote: »
    Hidden Valley now has their dressing and dip mix packets that can be made with greek yogurt. I have not tried them yet but hopeful they will have the same great taste.

This is the only way I eat the packets anymore- with Greek yogurt. It really depends on the yogurt brand you use though. You'll have to go through a bit of trial and error to find what you like best.

I like the light Hidden Valley Buttermilk bottled dressing. But as others have said, the Bolthouse Farms is great too. Opa is just alright, IMO. Not much of a pop of flavor that I like and expect when I want ranch.
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch dressing with a 0% fat plain Greek yogurt, Hidden Valley ranch packet, and skim milk :)

Never tried this, but I've heard this is good before.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For cream dressing like ranch and blue cheese, etc I really like the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressings...I actually tend to use them more for dips than actually dressing salads though.

Newman's Light Italian is my go to dressing though...I have a gigantic garden salad almost daily and 9x out of 10 I will reach for Newman's Light Italian.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse is my go-to fave! I like the idea of adding vinegar to boring cream dressings; it really is good. One piece of advice, don't waste your money on light or fat free blue cheese dressings. I've tried several and they always taste like chalky chemicals! Makes me so sad! 8ay2b6rhh4sb.gif
  • jla2983
    jla2983 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! A lot of your ideas sounds sooooo good I can't wait to try them!!
  • allisonbohren
    allisonbohren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the Bolthouse dressings! Also, when I do olive oil and balsamic vinegar in my salads I add some Italian seasoning mix to it.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley just released a bunch of new flavors that are not "light" but still only 90 cals per 2Tbs. The Avocado Ranch is phenomenal, and once that's gone I'll be trying the Garlic Ranch.

Now if only I could find an acceptable Ceasar dressing under 100 cals :(
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle my salads with a tablespoon of feta or blue cheese. And add a Walden Farms dressing.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i like salsa, guacamole, and regular ranch as salad dressings. Honestly ranch isnt even that high calorie if you stick to the serving size.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like Kraft's Classic Caesar Dressing. I don't do "light" dressings, and I don't particularly care for vinaigrette or Italian style dressings. I want something creamy. 80 calories for two tablespoons isn't horrible, I think. Kraft also has a Poppy Seed Dressing (80 calories for two tablespoons) which I haven't tried, but want to.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you put in the salad. Try a chicken salad with whatever fruit is cheap at the grocery store that day. I usually put in lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chicken, and fruit. Optional add in is cheese (feta is so good here!) If you add raspberry vinaigrette you have a very yummy and nutritious salad :)
    Another salad I like to make includes lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and ground beef with taco mix mixed in. Optional add ins include cheese and nacho chips. I add Catalina or French dressing to this, and it is SOO good. Like tacos, but you are eating more veggies and less wraps/carbs.
    Perhaps you could switch to a calorie wise ranch if you really enjoy it, but want to lessen your calorie intake.
  • amo314
    amo314 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use hummus. I had never though of it before but I had a salad at Panera and they used hummus instead of dressing. It's low in calories and covers a salad. I don't miss salad dressing at all.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Make your own buttermilk ranch. If you use the smaller quantity of mayo and sour cream, the calorie count is not too bad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/ranch-dressing-recipe_n_3769342.html
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    jla2983 wrote: »
    Hello! Prior to my healthy lifestyle change I would eat hidden valley ranch on my salads. It is not the healthiest choice! I switched to low fat and fat free ranch and did not like them. What is your favorite salad dressing homemade or store bought? I have tried plain vinegar and oil on my salads and do not like it either... I am hoping to find a healthy ranch dressing replacement. Please help! ;)

I've tried Ken's light buttermilk ranch; it's awesome and has tons of flavor.
    There's no need to cut out ranch if you like it; test out some brands, or use the one you like. Just fit it into your day, and make sure it's measured correctly!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites are

Kraft Honey Mustard (90 calories)
    Kraft Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette
    Kraft Fat Free Thousand Island Dressing (50 calories)
    Sam's Choice Jalapeno Ranch (110 calories)
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My 3 favorites are ranch, fat free italian, and raspberry vinegarette
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Ranch. Just less of it.
    Renee's is my fave, the one in a jar in the fridge section.
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like light thousand island dressing