PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This whole darn thread is like...

giphy.gif
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Had the OP posted this as an "OMG, I'm dining out and don't know how to log this meal" thread, the response would have been, log what the website says and as long as the rest of your logging is good and you weigh your food most of the time, it's not a big deal in the long run. Somehow the fact that she knowingly logs a rough estimate for a meal she didn't even see prepared makes it a huge ordeal.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    GEEEEEZZZZZZ. This thread. :o

Anyway what I do when I KNOW that they gave me more than what I'm tracking is I use the serving meter to give myself more servings. ( Ex. 1.5 servings) also MFP has such a WIDE variety of options you can prob look up "extra chipotle beef" and it will pop up. :)
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

giphy.gif

Ahhhh, I love this movie. This made my day!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP, you've managed to find everyone on MFP who woke up without a sense of humour today.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    grandpa-simpson.gif
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

giphy.gif

LMAO! Hilarious :D
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    eezCO.gif
  • shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

I don't know how else to log it since I don't know exactly how much it is. I use their site to calculate the calories based on how much they're supposed to give you.

I watch them put in the ingredients and modify the portions accordingly. A dairy entry may look like:

Chipotle Black Beans: 1 serving
    Chipotle Rice: 1.25 servings
    Chipotle Sour Cream: 2 servings (I always ask for extra)

This- or you can ask them for a little amount based on how much you want?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Damn, I'm a food weighing Nazi now. Bad enough I gave up Diet Pepsi and love to log my food. I am such a loser :'(

There's probably no hope for me. I even have a custom Chipotle chicken burrito bowl entry based on the Chipotle calculator: 725 calories.

1 serving chicken
    black beans
    brown rice
    fajita vegetables (I always request an extra scoop)
    corn salsa
    pico de gallo
    shredded cheese

If they gave me bigger portions plus I had a serving of sour cream, I bet I could get that up to almost 1,000 calories!

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you =) i ate four samples from nothing bundt cake and a bite of my hubby and i'm not logging it!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Can you keep a secret?

No
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Saw some shrugs, a nazi reference, and 'nice' until. . . . .so I was hoping this was all on page one. And Cameron Fry. . . . . . . .some people are a little angry today
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

This quote is what you are talking about

Yup. To call someone a liar and promise them suffering? This isn't church.
    Church. . . .where?!? What?

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Seriously.... What. The. Actual. F**k?

OP has lost 50 pounds so probably has a good idea of what she can and can't get away with.

If she wanted to just make a joke about it, it should have been posted in chit chat. Other people do come in the food and nutrition section looking for help, and help is not saying I know this is inaccurate but I'm going to do it anyway. Plus the I'll exercise extra to work off the inaccuracies... 2 of the biggest reasons we see posts about plateaus and I'm not losing threads.

It's time to stop digging. Really it is.
    Ah yes, the 'hey what the hell is hitting me in the back?" Oh it's the dirt. . . .yep, just climb out and walk away.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so. my lie to the world.

I used my coworkers paper plate- to put my veggies on- he only microwaved the burger sammich left overs on it.

I can taste the burger grease, butter and cheese on my veggies.
    and it's delicious.
    I'm not logging it.
    I think logging the paper plate is just wrong wrong wrong. . . .

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...

It's one thing not to give a high five, but to be so downright ugly about it...I don't care how exacting with measurements you are...there's no reason to hit full hate mode because someone who is having a lot of success isn't doing it exactly the way you are.

Blech.

no one got down right ugly until a supporter called those indicating she should log it accurately food weighing portion nazis...that wasn't nice.

And was it suppose to be funny probably but it wasn't...there is nothing ugly about saying you are only lying to yourself...

That's a lie, the very first response was the start of the fugly train. And there IS something ugly about calling someone a liar when all they're doing is not putting something online. I know that I pooped this morning. I don't have to log it to know. That doesn't make me a liar who deserves to suffer.

Nobody said anything about OP deserving to suffer.
    Who are you people?!? Suffer?!?

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    My ability to tell what a correct portion size is? It doesn't work properly. My food scale corrects that.

I look at my food scale the same way I look at my eyeglasses. It fixes something about me that's fallen outside the range of normal.

I'm happy to be a food weighing portion nazi, and probably will be for life.
    Another FWPN reference. . .holy cow!