When you eat a sugared doughnut

Options

Replies

• Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of the Krispy Kreme challenge race they do in Raleigh? I think it's a 5k or a little longer. You run for some distance then eat a dozen donuts then run to finish. I've never done it but lots of friends do. Maybe next year for me lol

WHAT??? Is this for real??

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    (Have we killed the "sugar is the debil" crap stone-cold dead yet?)

You're a 'glass half full' type of person. I can tell.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

You're a 'glass half full' type of person. I can tell.

Only cos I'm waiting for a refill :bigsmile:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'll be eating this fried croissant donut with ice cream Friday night.. The countdown has started!

Cronut-a-la-Mode-550x625.jpg

Oh I want one of those in my belly right now.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This was my last haul

crjbprwvtill.jpg

Where are the filled ones???? Not enough filled goodness!!! I need to drool over jelly and lemon and stuff like that.

I miss donuts.

A bunch were filled... cannoli donut, Boston cream donut and cheesecake donut. They have a black raspberry one too but it's actually a bit disappointing.

Honestly I haven't found a jelly donut I really LOVE in the US, except at my local Whole Foods 2 years ago but they stopped carrying them (might be a good thing tbh, I would eat the whole box). It was the French type, like these, which are one of my favorite things ever.

8086-beignets.jpg

C-c-c-c-anoli donut????

OMG. That sounds so good. Canoli cream is crazy delicious.

My standard for jelly donuts was set by a local bakery near where I grew up. They made terrible cakes, but REALLY good donuts.

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I love jam doughnuts, we've had people bring them into work 3 times in the last week and I've not had one. Next time someone buys them they are fitting into my day!

The ones with apple in the middle are good as well. To be honest, I've never met a doughnut I didn't like!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Angimom wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of the Krispy Kreme challenge race they do in Raleigh? I think it's a 5k or a little longer. You run for some distance then eat a dozen donuts then run to finish. I've never done it but lots of friends do. Maybe next year for me lol

WHAT??? Is this for real??

Yep very real lol. The first time I heard about it my sister was doing it. She couldn't eat the whole dozen but she had fun with it.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

i'll compromise.
    lphqol43buvx.jpg

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts should be savoured fully so this means licking the sugar off lips (clothing, furniture and other people if necessary) after each bite. :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Yuck, donuts are gross!

I'm off to brush my teeth with bacon drippings.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am a Brit and my favourite type are ring doughnuts straight from the doughnut van at the seaside. That smell! The sugar! Still warm! I remember watching them move down that mini conveyor belt in a van at Great Yarmouth in the mid eighties.

As for supermarket doughnuts - jam in the middle and covered in sugar is the ultimate winner.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I will take one of each please!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My dad once had a doughnut in one of those packs of 5 or 6 and there was no jam in it! So we tweeted about it and tesco gave him a voucher for a free pack of doughnuts. (Jam obvs.)

My 6 year old went on a trip to a tesco with beavers this week and they all had a jam doughnut to bring home as they'd had a demonstration from the baker.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    If we lick it off someone else's lips, it doesn't count right?

what are you getting at, L4L?

Yep, I went there! cackle!
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I had one of these the other day. It was a little bit of heaven. Mine didn't have sprinkles though but had a ton more icing. It was soooo good.

ujpw4pf68idc.jpg
  • jnv7594
    Options
    And speaking of bacon, I saw these in an article today. Yes they are a real thing. Deep fat fried bacon wrapped oreos. Now, I love bacon, and I love Oreos...still not quite sure what to think of this.

i0dqceor7l9j.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    And speaking of bacon, I saw these in an article today. Yes they are a real thing. Deep fat fried bacon wrapped oreos. Now, I love bacon, and I love Oreos...still not quite sure what to think of this.

i0dqceor7l9j.jpg

OMG, they didn't!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm don't even like bacon that much and I'd eat that.
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    there are no bad doughnuts
  • jnv7594
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    jnv7594 wrote: »

i0dqceor7l9j.jpg

OMG, they didn't!

Oh, but they did. :D I'd like to try one just to see what it's like. Here's the article with instructions. http://greatideas.people.com/2015/04/13/bacon-fried-oreos-recipe/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag