What is your diet? Did it work for you?

Options

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Cutting back and tracking. 1200 cal per day and I exercise (indoor bike) at least 3-4 times per week. No magic food types. Having less calories in a day just makes me aim for smarter choices so I don't overload on bread at breakfast and I'll only have one biscuit at a time. More veg and fruit, less wine :( more water...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    CICO - no crazy diet plan needed...
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I eat real food but watch the calories and carbs. Being diabetic I need to watch the amount of carbs I eat. I have found that logging what I eat has been very helpful and I have be losing slowly. This is a lifestyle change, not a "I need to lose X number of pounds then go back to eating crap."
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. No food is off limits to me, although there are a few things I just can't keep in the house because I've proven time and time again that I can't eat them in reasonable portions. Yeah I'm talking to you, crackers, cheese, milk, and pastries. But I still eat them if I am in a position to only have access to one serving.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I know that there are many people who wonder "wow, i need to get on a diet. But what kind of diet?" Well try or do research of different diets and see which one is best for you. What is your diet plan??

eat less, move more...yeah, it works pretty good...
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I follow the MFP method. Has worked wonderfully
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My goal is 1750 kcals per day (previously I was eating 1800-2300 but of course with weight loss I needed to cut down). I have insulin resistance, thus I find attention to macros is helpful to me. I try for about 125 g or more of protein per day (this is about 1g per pound of lean body mass) and then I limit starchy/sugary portions to 30g per meal (pasta, candy, corn, potatoes, etc.). This ends up being about 100g of net carbs per day. The rest I fill in with fat or extra protein, usually my fat intake is high 45-47% of my overall calories.

I have some additional goals I am working on, such as having one veggie/bean soup per day, one big salad per day, and one plate of steamed veggies per day, and exceeding 30g of fiber per day. These are more like ideals, I often don't meet but overall it has increased the quality of my food greatly.

No elimination, no severe restriction. Try for at least 20 minutes exercise per day, 2-3x of HIIT cardio, 2-3x of weight lifting, and when I'm well (I've been injured) about 4-5 hours of dancing per week.

As far as working, I've lost 55-56 lbs so far and I've eliminated what used to be near daily binge eating. I believe the exercise and macro balancing helped with the insulin resistance, and taming that, plus NOT demonizing any foods, and accountability have been key for getting rid of the binge eating.
  • drs64
    drs64 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maintain a deficit, however you do it. If you want to worry more about recomp, then maintain a deficit and hit your macros, however you do it.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • annakadabra_
    annakadabra_ Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I know that there are many people who wonder "wow, i need to get on a diet. But what kind of diet?" Well try or do research of different diets and see which one is best for you. What is your diet plan??

Great question!

For me, definitely CICO. Since I log everything I eat on MFP (trying to get better at pre-logging too) I've started to pay more attention to my mood and digestive health. I've been an emotional binge eater for decades and I've seem to always have had GERD (manageable at normal weight, exacerbated while overweight and obese). MFP food tracking has been my food diary where I can not only make sure I eat at a deficit each day, but also an opportunity to see how certain foods affect me.

Everyone has their own sensitivities and preferences, and I'm still exploring my own food issues (it's been just over 40 days so far on here!). I'm grateful for the tools and community on here, I doubt I'd be able to maintain the same level of accountability and self-reflection on my own!

I've been losing about 1 kg a week for the past 5 weeks on CICO and I'm happy with the progress. Excess weight is my main issue, but if I can manage to perfect a diet (aka the type of food I habitually eat) while I'm doing this than that'll be grand!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    CICO club here
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did alternate day Intermittent Fasting....which is just a fancy way of doing CICO :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    For my BB comp prep, last year I ate:
    am: quest bar, protein shake
    during the day: 500g cottage cheese, 40g peanut flour, cinnamon, sf maple syrup, strawberries.
    Rest of the day: mix it up and hit macros.

I was contemplating marketing as the cottage cheese diet :tongue:

Oh and the reason I chose these foods is
    A: they are tasty
    B: they are filling
    C: they set me up to hit my total daily macros with my final meals easily

(yes, there were plenty of fruit and veggies at night for the micro nutrients)
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a nutrition and exercise program called the 21 Day Fix. Of course CICO works and this plan is the same principle, but I needed a bit more guidance and help choosing nutritionally rich foods that would keep me satisfied. It's working great so far! Eating plan is portion control, basically, but it's made simple. Feel free to message me for more info so I don't take up too much room on the board.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    CICO.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My diet was to eat all food I enjoy at a slight calorie deficit. It's been working for almost 3 years. The end.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a prediabetic blood sugar management diet. I eat in a way designed to keep my blood sugar level (and not too high). The whole thing kind of got designed/refined over time by my nutritionist and then by my doctor. So this means that any time I eat any carbs, some protein has to go with it. No lone carbs. I break up meals into little snacks so that I eat every couple hours. I make sure to have a carb and protein snack right after working out. I also use a protein shake for breakfast. It's 1200 cals a day on non workout days and 1400 to 1500 on workout days (I'm short). I check my blood glucose after meals at intervals of one hour and two hours. I have lost 30 lb so it did work!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    These are the basics, in order of priority:
    Calorie deficit.
    Meals.
    Only yummy tasty food I like.
    No deprivation, just moderation.
    Five-a-day (fruit/vegetables). Or more.
    Enough protein and fat.
    Fatty protein + vegetable included in every meal.
    Home cooking.
  • michellerose2015
    michellerose2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat what I did before, I just don't overeat. I cut out soda, and eating after 6 pm. I've lost 75 pounds, so it works for me, when I tried to push myself to hard I gained it back so I had to just cut back.