Tried my first quest bar after reading all the hype here...

Options

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I get mine off on Amazon for $27 with free shipping. I only eat half at a time though so they last me a while.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've never had a single one- I really don't like protein bars- I'd honestly rather grab a snickers bar. Also they are just to damn expensive for me to justify!!!

But yeah- I just don't bother with them.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I love the cookie dough in the mic, but it does have an aftertaste I don't like. (surprising for a diet coke addict). I've never had an issue with artificial sweeteners before.

The Quest coconut cashew has no artificial sweeteners though, so I usually buy those.

Recently I've found the Pure Protein baked Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch (the 'baked' part is important, I can't stand the non-baked bars). They taste like candy bars. They don't have as much fiber and a little less protein than Quest bars though....
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »
    I love the choc brownie and double chocolate chunk. At over $50 for a box of 12, I eat them sparingly. However I could easy eat 2 or 3 a day!

UUH!! $50 for a box??! Try e-bay!! I get mine for free with a bag of protein powder..
    Shouldn't be paying more than $35 per 12!!

amazon has them for $24.99/box of 12 with free shipping sometimes

The ones I've tried have been decent, Strawberry cheesecake and White Chocolate Raspberry. I'd like to try the Lemon Cream pie one and the lady at Smoothie King is ordering them so I can try one before I buy a whole box.

• spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars and usually have one a day for my AM snack. I only buy them when on sale at the Quest website or GNC with a coupon. My favs are chocolate brownie, Choc Chip Cookie dough, Peanut butter supreme. White Choc Raspberry is good but almost too sweet.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've tried all the flavors and I absolutely love them all. I love the chips also. They are a bit pricey, but definitely worth it to me.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    I love the cookie dough in the mic, but it does have an aftertaste I don't like. (surprising for a diet coke addict). I've never had an issue with artificial sweeteners before.

The Quest coconut cashew has no artificial sweeteners though, so I usually buy those.

Recently I've found the Pure Protein baked Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch (the 'baked' part is important, I can't stand the non-baked bars). They taste like candy bars. They don't have as much fiber and a little less protein than Quest bars though....

I also have the same issue with the cookie dough, s'mores, and cookies and cream bars--they have that funky artificial aftertaste. I love the coconut cashew!

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My fav is white chocolate raspberry...so good and the oreo one is good as well. I don't eat them often...just when I'm stuck and need something quick.
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tried them because of MFP, cookies & cream is the only one I truly like. Don't like the aftertaste of the microwaved chocolate chip cookie one. I like them for their stats and taste over protein drinks. I want to chew something and feel food in my belly!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    bulk_n_cut wrote: »
    nothing is "chemical" free. everything including water is a chemical. stop using that word as if you found out there are pesticides in it

Thanks for stating the obvious. Now you do know that he put "chemical" in quotes just for that reason don't you?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    But yes John, they all taste kinda gross in my opinion.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    They're like any food. Some people like them, some people don't.

I like them. Then again, I also like kale. I think a lot more people have really strong anti-kale sentiment than anti-Quest bar sentiment.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Some people LOVE them.....some (like me) do not. Not sure exactly why, but of the four flavors I've tried, I just don't see the hype. That's ok though...more for the others who do like them!

I second this one! No texture, chemicals, can't see why any one would eat them.

• browningamanda
    browningamanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the choc brownie and double chocolate chunk. At over $50 for a box of 12, I eat them sparingly. However I could easy eat 2 or 3 a day!

$28 for a box of 12 on Amazon
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No. No microwave! Leave it (wrapped) on the dash of your car for a minute or two. If you park outside, that is. Otherwise, I have a tiny ceramic heater I use to warm them up.

MtRx Prime bars are a close facsimile (though flavors are underwhelming)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Depends on the flavour. Some of them don't have sucralose. I don't like many of the varieties, most are just okay but nothing special. I really like the Cookies and Cream one, it's the only one I buy now. Apple Pie and Cinnamon Bun are both good too, but the Cinnamon has a lot of sugar alcohols, so I only eat half at a time.

I really don't like the Choc chip or S'mores ones. The chocolate ones are boring and taste of sucralose to me, and the peanut butter ones aren't peanut buttery enough.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

$28 for a box of 12 on Amazon

@browningamanda That's if you live in America ;) The shipping costs and exchange rate makes it cheaper to buy them here.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am addicted to quest bars! I currently have 10 boxes. I eat 3-4 a day. I know it's excessive, but I go through phases where I am "addicted" to certain foods and eat them non stop until I get sick of them.

I buy them when stores have sales and free shipping so I get them for around $20 a box or less.

Favorite flavors..
    White chocolate raspberry
    Cookie dough
    Double chocolate
    Chocolate peanut butter
    Smores
    Apple pie

Just okay
    Strawberry cheesecake
    Banana nut
    Peanut butter and jelly
    Cookies and cream
    Coconut cashew

Not that good
    Chocolate brownie (too hard for my liking, only good when baked)
    Vanilla almond (too salty)
    Mixed berry
    Peanut butter supreme (boring)