What do you think about when working out?

Options

Replies

• fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    On weight days, I'm always focused on what I'm doing, correct form, etc.
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think omgomgomg just keep going. I listen to 70s remixes and try to keep that rhythm and focus on the songs to get me through. Otherwise i just am freaking out i have to have distraction or I cant make it 5 minutes. I tried to listen to more meaningful things but no way. I cant focus.
  • beatbunny81
    Options
    I'm thinking about how everyone else looks around me and how I wish that I could look like that. And the big one I hope they aren't judging me because of my weight :/ I'm a newbie to the gym
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking of my 2x2 breathing cadence while running "In, in, out, out, in, in, out, out... oh hey, fox news is making up some more lies.. in,in,out,out... why the eff does this place not have access to news other than by fox? in,in,out,out... god, I hate people... and I hate running... and I think I'm going to die... in,in,out,out... IT'S ONLY BEEN 15 SECONDS????"
  • peachyfuzzle
    Options
    I'm thinking about how everyone else looks around me and how I wish that I could look like that. And the big one I hope they aren't judging me because of my weight :/ I'm a newbie to the gym

95% of people are too concerned with their own workout to even pay attention to you. The other 5% are dbags who don't matter anyway.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of my 2x2 breathing cadence while running "In, in, out, out, in, in, out, out... oh hey, fox news is making up some more lies.. in,in,out,out... why the eff does this place not have access to news other than by fox? in,in,out,out... god, I hate people... and I hate running... and I think I'm going to die... in,in,out,out... IT'S ONLY BEEN 15 SECONDS????"

Sounds so familiar..lol!

• dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is horrible but there are a lot of younger men at my gym (around my age) and when I do squats I usually think, "Yeah, you see that booty. That's a nice booty. Look at how strong that booty is."

Any free weight lifts usually consist of, "Two chicks over here and I'm one of them. Hell yes, that's right, bad*** chick. Don't care that I'm using 20 lb-ers and this dude has 60's..."

Now on the treadmill I usually listen to my music, feel my body, and think, "Are you kidding me? Kill me. BLAHHHHH!" when only 2 minutes has gone by.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    While lifting, focused on the right feel and movement pattern.

When I'm forced to do "aerobic conditioning" I'm distracting myself anyway possible to get the time done
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I think about how many reps I have left.. also the muscle (s) I am working. During steady cardio I listen to old school Euro and trance and think of myself dancing when I used to go to the clubs ;)
  • peachyfuzzle
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I think about how many reps I have left.. also the muscle (s) I am working. During steady cardio I listen to old school Euro and trance and think of myself dancing when I used to go to the clubs ;)

LOVE me some Euro!
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This morning it was how I couldn't wait to get my Egg McMuffin while I was out. I'm not kidding.

Form, counts, reps, making sure I'm hitting the muscles I'm working.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Elliptical = podcasts
    Walking = classical pandora music

I used to listen to high energy music while running and my mind would not settle down. I switched to walking and classical music and it's really helped my mind to just settle. I think about current issues in my life, enjoy the music, look for birds, and notice the flowers while walking.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of workout I'm doing. Today I did Stronglifts 5X5 so I was focused on my form.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    For me it's "I hate this I hate this, this isn't so bad, ugh I hatteeee this, ohh look I'm sweating..I look like a damn moose when dancing..wait? did anyone see that..OH I LOVE THIS SONG!! FIGHT MODE ON....I Hate this...." LOL
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yep. Add me to the sex list.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Think? Well mostly I am just trying to make sure I take good/safe ukemi if it is my turn to fall down or concentrate on getting the right footwork and not getting hit, if I am executing the technique.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Lifting: Okay. Okay. Okay. <Insert relevant form correction(s)>. Inhale. HNNNNNGRRRRWAAAAR! Again! Okay. Okay. Okay.
    Running: Slow down. Breathe. Slow the hell down. Pace yourself. Just because your legs go up to your armpits doesn't mean your lungs can keep up. Just keep going 'til the end of the next block. Dammit, you've ripped your earbuds out again. Remember to thread the cable under your shirt, numpty. Don't rest on that, dogs pee on it.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That hill doesn't look so steep, Ya ok it looks kinda steep, oh wow it is steeper then it looked, dang this thing is steep, keep pedaling, breath , keep pedaling, Dang who designed this road, is that the top , oh look somebody ahead, I can catch them, dang this is steep. That wasn't so bad.

Repeat for several hours