Help!!!!

Options
Getting frustrated!!! Since December I've gone gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, and soy free. Can't move the scale. I have Hashimotos disease. Can any health guru's tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Getting frustrated!!! Since December I've gone gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, and soy free. Can't move the scale. I have Hashimotos disease. Can any health guru's tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Not eating less than you are burning.

Read up on how a person gains and loses weight and you will quickly see that all that what you have listed that you have tried is not directly related to ways to lose weight. Seems like you are just throwing ideas up against a wall to see what works where you really need to educate yourself about the process (at least minimally).
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    is this strict diet because of the disease?
  • stephie6968
    stephie6968 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes and celiac disease
  • stephie6968
    Options
    I'm eating less than 1200 calories per day. I don't think it's eating more than I'm burning.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Celiac and hypo here... Steph, your diary is closed. Are you weighing all of your food with a food scale? Logging everything? Working out? If so, what percentage of exercise calories are you eating back? Stats? (Height, weight, goal weight, and current calorie allowance plus what is your daily MFP calculated deficit)
  • stephie6968
    Options
    I'm eating less than 1200 calories per day. I don't think it's eating more than I'm burning.

• stephie6968
    Options
    I don't eat back any of the calories I exercise off.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

If you aren't losing weight then you are not eating fewer calories than you are burning. How are you logging your food?
  • stephie6968
    Options
    I opened my diary to you...pass code is 1514
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

Do you log everything? (tastes while cooking, mints, oil when cooking, cream in coffee, "0 calorie" items -- which can be more like 5 per serving, etc)

Do you log always, and always get your target? (i.e. weekends, Easter, parties, etc)

I don't mean you have to be perfect, because no one is, but if the scale isn't moving, then it probably comes down to errors. (And Hashimoto's makes it that much more important that you KNOW your numbers.) If you open your diary, people might be able to help pinpoint possible errors.

Are you on meds? For how long? The right dose? Do you have medical care ongoing? Access to a dietician or someone who would know about your condition and could provide advice?
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    your diary is still closed. u have been eating under 1200 cals since december?
  • stephie6968
    Options
    Use 1514 as password
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    it doesn't even show up as an option on your profile.
  • stephie6968
    Options
    Ok I'll just open it to the public
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    there we go. so there are tons of generalized entries. such as sweet potato pancakes. is that ur recipe u entered? also cheese cake for 240 cals? thats super low. are u weighing anything? it all seems to be measured in cup form.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Using entries with the "1 serving" as the serving size, generic entries, quick added calories and using homemade entries that you didn't put in the recipe builder yourself will throw off your numbers. I would suggest using a food scale to weigh everything and read Logging Accurately..step by step guide that will show you how to find the correct entries to use.
  • stephie6968
    Options
    there we go. so there are tons of generalized entries. such as sweet potato pancakes. is that ur recipe u entered? also cheese cake for 240 cals? thats super low. are u weighing anything? it all seems to be measured in cup form.

• CAUSEICANMF
    Options
    I suggest drinking more water and doing a couple of workouts right before you sleep-some people say that you burn more calories that way
  • stephie6968
    Options
    I have my own recipe blog that I pull my recipes from. It has exact measurements...such as sweet potato pancakes (my recipe). The cheesecake was a thin slice from walmart and I typed walmart cheesecake in. I usually add in my measurements unless it comes from a restaurant. Then I pull it up by the name of the restaurant and the item I ate. Even of I messed up on a couple things I can't believe I'm eating TOO much over my goal.
  • stephie6968
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Using entries with the "1 serving" as the serving size, generic entries, quick added calories and using homemade entries that you didn't put in the recipe builder yourself will throw off your numbers. I would suggest using a food scale to weigh everything and read Logging Accurately..step by step guide that will show you how to find the correct entries to use.