Abs and loose skin

Options
Did you see a difference? Could you see your abs or only by feel? Please feel free to post pics!!!! I would love some encouragement, at this point I'm expecting to never see abs other than up top and on the sides

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have visible abs and loose skin.
    20130520_195337_zpsf9dd4e59.jpg
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp thank you for posting that, it makes me feel better that there is hope for me to have abs, the bottom of my abdomen looks the same.
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Make sure that it really IS loose skin, and not old fat deposits ..
    If it really is loose skin, it might or might not go away, depending on your age, whether you've been overweight for a long time, genetics, skin elasticity, etc..
    The honest answer is, whether your skin tightens or not depends on each individual.
    Just as I said, make sure it really is loose skin .. Sometimes it's hard to tell.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    @usmcmp thank you for posting that, it makes me feel better that there is hope for me to have abs, the bottom of my abdomen looks the same.

Always happy to post from my experience. Loose skin is not the end of the world :)

There is definitely a difference between loose skin and still carrying fat plus loose skin. Some of the abs should be visible or the stomach should be mostly firm for it to be just loose skin. The skin will be very thin when pinched between the fingers.
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Wow this gives me hope thank you :smiley:
  • usmcmp
    Options

Wow this gives me hope thank you :smiley:

Happy to help!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Usmcmp The pic you posted looks so different to your profile picture.
    I'm on my phone at the moment so your avi is small, but your belly looks skin tight.
  • mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So would you show off those and ona beach? I'm proud of my abs but embarrassed by my loose skin.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I'm on my phone at the moment so your avi is small, but your belly looks skin tight.

The skin is low enough to tuck into my pants/underwear/bikini. Even with it tucked in the skin isn't tight, it just sort of looks soft instead of firm. I still wear a bikini to the water park and pool in the summer. Stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite and all. It's not like I'm the only person with those "flaws" and maybe one day maybe it will be normal to see that at the beach.
  • Christine_72
    Options

The skin is low enough to tuck into my pants/underwear/bikini. Even with it tucked in the skin isn't tight, it just sort of looks soft instead of firm. I still wear a bikini to the water park and pool in the summer. Stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite and all. It's not like I'm the only person with those "flaws" ]and maybe one day maybe it will be normal to see that at the beach

I hope so.
    I don't have loose skin, but do have stretch marks on my tummy. I subconsciously cover them with my hands if hubby spots me naked. Going out in public is a terrifying thought...

I must need glasses, because I'm not seeing any stretch marks in your pic. They've obviously faded a lot

• usmcmp
    Options

The skin is low enough to tuck into my pants/underwear/bikini. Even with it tucked in the skin isn't tight, it just sort of looks soft instead of firm. I still wear a bikini to the water park and pool in the summer. Stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite and all. It's not like I'm the only person with those "flaws" ]and maybe one day maybe it will be normal to see that at the beach

I hope so.
    I don't have loose skin, but do have stretch marks on my tummy. I subconsciously cover them with my hands if hubby spots me naked. Going out in public is a terrifying thought...

I must need glasses, because I'm not seeing any stretch marks in your pic. They've obviously faded a lot

I think I deleted the picture of my stretch marks from photobucket.

Here's my skin squishing out of my posing suit haha
    kqtvds1v1s2s.jpg

Here's the best picture I have of my stretch marks and loose skin (horrible picture)
    booh7lh28z6g.jpg
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You look bloody awesome!! I'd be proudly strutting my stuff at the beach if I looked like you!!
    Thank you so much for posting these xx Much Respect :+1:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    You look bloody awesome!! I'd be proudly strutting my stuff at the beach if I looked like you!!
    Thank you so much for posting these xx

Thank you! I hope that posting these helps people.
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting these xx

Thank you! I hope that posting these helps people.

It does!!
  • blankiefinder
    Options

Always happy to post from my experience. Loose skin is not the end of the world :)

There is definitely a difference between loose skin and still carrying fat plus loose skin. Some of the abs should be visible or the stomach should be mostly firm for it to be just loose skin. The skin will be very thin when pinched between the fingers.

The skin is low enough to tuck into my pants/underwear/bikini. Even with it tucked in the skin isn't tight, it just sort of looks soft instead of firm. I still wear a bikini to the water park and pool in the summer. Stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite and all. It's not like I'm the only person with those "flaws" and maybe one day maybe it will be normal to see that at the beach.

I definitely have both, the fat, and the loose skin. The loose skin sits very low, just like @usmcmp and is paper thin and sits in tiny folds. The fat I am trying to tackle through a recomposition, but it is going to be a slow process as physio has made me de-load all weights off anything that involves my right knee (squats, etc) and no lunges. Plus I'm a weakling anyway ;)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options

My lower stomach looks exactly like this. I'm glad someone else's does. I have been trying for over a year to get rid of it to no avail.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting these xx Much Respect :+1:

And I agree, you look bloody awesome! :grin: My goal is to have at least a hint of abs, and some shoulder / back muscles showing.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of respect for you from your other posts and now that just went up 100X. Thanks for posting this, you've helped a lot of people keep things in perspective.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I had a lot of respect for you from your other posts and now that just went up 100X. Thanks for posting this, you've helped a lot of people keep things in perspective.

x2, and I didn't think it was possible to think more highly of @usmcmp . Such a cool and generous lady.
  • blankiefinder
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just so @usmcmp isn't the only one letting it all hang out there. I don't have any good photos, so I just shot this one. You can't tell from the front, but my stomach doesn't stick out really, I have lost most of my weight now. There is still some fat, but definitely some loose skin too. (Sorry about the lines from my gym pants :blush: )

z81r23xdv5g8.jpg

Lots of stretch marks from a tipped uterus in my second pregnancy, grew straight out... 17 years ago :(