Why do I gain 3-4lbs everytime I eat?!

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Not sure if epically trolling...

These sorts of questions make me wonder whatever happened to COMMON SENSE.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :D:):#:|:/:(
    My face once I found this thread
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Back away from the scale. Weigh at the same time every day, or even better - Weigh once or twice a week. I get discouraged in a tiny part of myself when I weigh every single day, even worse when at random times, because there are natural and frequent fluctuations, even just depending on how hydrated I've been for several days previously. You'd be amazed how one meal or one day of not drinking enough can effect the scale, especially when it comes to retaining water/water weight. Just chillax and give it some time. Don't obsess.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm just going with :trollface: best effort I've seen in a while to be honest!
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    Lol I like that word....cheeky :D everyone say it out loud CHEEKY
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to weigh so much after eating, I'd recommend choosing more calorie dense foods. You could just try drinking your calories in oil?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Well, looks like someone is over analyzing things.
    We all have our cheeky kfaults

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I've got to stop checking the forums when I can't sleep in the middle of the night....
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    Completely And totally unrelated First post I made was "WTF" on one of those "date marry pass" forums.... and it has been notifying me for 3 days HOW THE HELL DO I STOP IT!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I've got to stop checking the forums when I can't sleep in the middle of the night....

Same here. Laughing out loud my wake up the kids.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Why would you weigh yourself after eating?? common sense would tell you that of course you'd be heavier with the food you've just eaten. Try not to get hung up on fluctuations, they happen day and daily for lots of reasons, if you can't handle them stick to weighing in less often.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    nancyjay__ wrote: »
    Completely And totally unrelated First post I made was "WTF" on one of those "date marry pass" forums.... and it has been notifying me for 3 days HOW THE HELL DO I STOP IT!

Did you tick the little gold star by mistake

on the website go to the top right-hand side, click on the star (bookmarks) and cancel it

also click on the bell - at the top there is a 'notifications preferences' click off on any you don't want to be notified about
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Did you tick the little gold star by mistake

on the website go to the top right-hand side, click on the star (bookmarks) and cancel it

also click on the bell - at the top there is a 'notifications preferences' click off on any you don't want to be notified about

No I didn't bookmark it but I posted on it :| it's so annoying and if I turn off notifications it will turn off for all forums
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Everyone on here's a jerk.... Until you want some help.... :laugh:
  • nancyjay__
    Options

Everyone on here's a jerk.... Until you want some help.... :laugh:

Huh why did you quote me
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will just follow all your expert advice.thanks
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Please use an applications such as weightgrapher or trendweight to smooth out your natural daily weight variations and uncover the underlying trends of how your weight is changing over time.
    Huh?
    He eats. He weights more. He drinks he weights more. He pees and poos. He weights less. He retains water due to salt or exercise and he weights more. He wonders why he weights more. He gets concerned. He is trying to fix that concern by changing how he eats so that his weight doesn't vary.

Or

He can plug his weight in an app every day. The app smooths out irrelevant variations. He can look at a trend. The trendline more clearly answers the question that is probably underlying his weighting himself, namely: am I gaining or losing weight today?

I mean at any point of time he weighs the weight his scale told him he weighs. Not sure what that tells him in isolation and without comparing it meaningfully to previous numbers especially if the changes seem to cause concern.

I guess I understand this advice. I don't go so far as use an app/program to graph it, but after a few days of multiple weighings, I see the pattern/trend and feel like I have a reasonable idea of where the midpoint is among all the fluctuations.

But, then, I don't obsess. I weigh frequently because I think it's kind of cool to see how much weight can fluctuate. I kind of laugh when I see people claiming "plateau" because their weekly weigh in keeps giving the same number. Really? My weight swings around a 2-5 pound range every day...it would be so easy to have a couple water-retention weigh ins give the impression of a stall or gain.

tl;dr? Weight loss isn't linear. Try to see the fluctuations as a fun little science experiment on your body.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    What it the actual heck?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food before you eat it?