Lean muscle gains

Options
2»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I'll put a new pic up June first at 205lbs and 8-9% BF...tell me it's impossible then.

How tall are you?
  • MikeD_Boston
    MikeD_Boston Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    6'1"-6'2"
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'll put a new pic up June first at 205lbs and 8-9% BF...tell me it's impossible then.

You'll still add some BF%.... It may be minimized, but it'll still occur.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Similar stats as me....
    I wish I could get to 200+ and only be 8-9% BF

Good if you can do it....
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    He never said that he doesn't gain any fat and just wants pure muscle. He just said he wanted to increase his muscle mass while staying lean in the process.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    He never said that he doesn't gain any fat and just wants pure muscle. He just said he wanted to increase his muscle mass while staying lean in the process.

LONG and SLOW process...that's all.

• mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »

LONG and SLOW process...that's all.

I agree. For most people building muscle is a slow process (including me ofcourse).
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Depending on your body type and genetics will be the one way you can fall back on when it comes to gaining or losing weight, honestly just try out different cal surplus above maintenance, on average in someones first 2 years of bulking they can only gain 8 kg "on average" so technically if your gaining properly you should be going for 1-2lbs a month not very much but muscles are a pain to grow :(
  • S4Lyons
    Options
    That's like swimming upstream, bulk then cut....101 my friend

The original bulk & cut process does definitely work, but if you start lean stay lean it may take about twice the time but at the end of the day wouldn't you like to be able to see your gains ? Not hidden under a layer of fat ?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    samlacey23 wrote: »
    That's like swimming upstream, bulk then cut....101 my friend

The original bulk & cut process does definitely work, but if you start lean stay lean it may take about twice the time but at the end of the day wouldn't you like to be able to see your gains ? Not hidden under a layer of fat ?

Hmmm.....kinda a double-edged sword honestly.
    Cause for someone like me, doing a slow lean bulk.....can get frustrating as hell.
  • S4Lyons
    Options
    Yeah im currently in your shoes mate, I've done the traditional cut n bulk method and me having naturally quite low bf and a skinny face + bart simpson belly wasnt fun, slow lean gains year round is where its at, in my opinion