Total TMI: I am really constipated! :(

blueyellowhorse
blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
Ok everyone this is VERY TMI that's why I put it in the title, so if you can't handle this, do not read any further. Anyways, I really have to poop. Like it's a very uncomfortable feeling. I was on the toilet for the last 20 minutes and nothing will come out. I feel so uncomfortable right now. I'm literally laying on my bed sideways because it hurts to stand up or sit up. I can't even walk, it feels so bad. It's like it's almost out, but not quite. Ugh.
I am home by myself and don't have any enemas or laxatives. Please help and give suggestions.

Replies

• blueyellowhorse
    This is ruining my day, I can't even move...grrr! Has anyone ever experienced this?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2015
    I would suggest you drive to the store for a laxative. I once told my husband to stick it up my butt to jar something loose there tiger... he didn't find it funny. :|
  • blueyellowhorse
    I would suggest you drive to the store for a laxative. I once told my husband to stick it up my butt to jar something loose there tiger... he didn't find it funny. :|

Lol. I really feel so uncomfortable I don't even want to drive to the store. I mean I can my boyfriend to get it for me, but we've only been dating for 2 months, and I've never farted or peed in front of him. I feel like this would be a total turn off. :(
  • kinkyslinky16

Lol. I really feel so uncomfortable I don't even want to drive to the store. I mean I can my boyfriend to get it for me, but we've only been dating for 2 months, and I've never farted or peed in front of him. I feel like this would be a total turn off. :(
    Nah, just ask him to stick it up your pooper. He'll be thrilled you asked. Two birds, one stone.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member

Call your mom/dad/other family member to get it for you? You can always call for an ambulance. I've put myself through this pain for a day and a half and finally gave in and bought some milk of magnesia.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    How long has it been?
    If it has been more than a week it becomes a medical emergency.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/constipation_myths_facts_pictures_slideshow/article.htm
  • dilts36
    dilts36 Posts: 7 Member
    Not for Info ATM but for the future

Eat Flax seed daily. My Wife goes once every 3 days but if she eats flax seed she goes daily.
    Its more natural then taking a pill and really isn't that expensive.
  • Hvngfaith88
    Hvngfaith88 Posts: 147 Member
    go to walmart and get a bottle of magnesium citrate, its what is most recommended for colon scopes. Been in the med field for years. GO NOW before it turns into something
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Drink lots of water and eat an apple or prunes. Prunes ALWAYS work for me.
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    2 table spoons sea salt in hot water, drink it and hang near a toilet for the next 1 to 6 hours. No joke
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Oh. A liter of hot water btw
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member

Nah, just ask him to stick it up your pooper. He'll be thrilled you asked. Two birds, one stone.

OMG. I'm both laughing hysterically and blushing from this.

Seriously, get your boyfriend to go and buy you a stool softener or something. Make sure you eat enough fats. That really helps.
  • CYNTHIANELSON1
    CYNTHIANELSON1 Posts: 9 Member
    What can it turn into, I mean what kind of health problems?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    zyxst wrote: »

Call your mom/dad/other family member to get it for you? You can always call for an ambulance. I've put myself through this pain for a day and a half and finally gave in and bought some milk of magnesia.

DO NOT.

I REPEAT.

DO NOT CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR A FRIGGING LAXATIVE.

Being constipated is NOT an emergency. Jesus H Christ that is terrible advice.

Sincerely, the wife of a Paramedic and Firefighter
  • kinkyslinky16
    But seriously, if you are hurting you need to take meds and go talk to your doctor. Being constipated for too long can definitely cause issues, some of which require hospitalization.
  • If you have a high fiber diet, it may help to incorporate more fats. If I eat an excessive amount of fiber on any given day, I'll usually balance it out by going ham on some peanut butter. this would probably be more preventative than anything, however. Vinegar or olive oil may help if you're unable to get to the store.

Personally, I'd ask your BF to be a champ and get some meds. My GF (now wife) got the stomach flu 2 or 3 weeks after we started dating. Scary things happen with the stomach flu, but I was more concerned about her well-being than being squeamish about bodily functions.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    redheaddee wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »

DO NOT.

I REPEAT.

DO NOT CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR A FRIGGING LAXATIVE.

Being constipated is NOT an emergency. Jesus H Christ that is terrible advice.

Sincerely, the wife of a Paramedic and Firefighter

This cracks me up. 80% of the people in the ER are bowel related. Literally most of them are full of *kitten*. Lol
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Go get some Taco Bell, that will clean you right out and if it doesn't then at least you had a tasty snack.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Ok guys it finally came!!!! Woohoo, I feel so much better now! Luckily I didn't have to call my boyfriend lol. I just had a long battle with mr. toilet. Wow lol! It really hurt tbh...so glad I made it though!