50 calorie snack

Options
I have 50 calories left over for an afternoon snack but am lacking inspiration! I was thinking a celery stick with a little peanut butter.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,146 Member
    Options
    1 kiwi is approx. 50 cal. Maybe just slightly more, but you could probably go with a small one.

Last night I had 45 cal left, and I was hungry, so I measured out 90 grams of low-cal yogurt which came in at about 40 cal.
  • fengkycar
    fengkycar Posts: 30
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    fengkycar wrote: »
    I have 50 calories left over for an afternoon snack but am lacking inspiration! I was thinking a celery stick with a little peanut butter.

You're not going to get much peanut butter with 50 calories. I wish I could give you a suggestion but I can't.

You were right. I went with 30g of hummus and some celery sticks. 42 calories.
  • fengkycar
    fengkycar Posts: 30
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1 kiwi is approx. 50 cal. Maybe just slightly more, but you could probably go with a small one.

Last night I had 45 cal left, and I was hungry, so I measured out 90 grams of low-cal yogurt which came in at about 40 cal.

90 grams isn't too bad. I felt like something that needed chewing, to try and make it last longer!
  • DaveinSK
    DaveinSK Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you don't mind the sodium, I love pickles
    Bick's dill pickles (60g) - 5 calories
    Also, olives are super tasty and not too high in calories.
    Tassos Gourmet Double Stuffed Jalapeno/Garlic Olives - 8 calories
    Four olives and four pickles would be 52 calories, and that's over half a pound of snacks.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cucumber
    Tomatoes
    Cheese string
    Carrots

ETA: OMG PICKLEEEEEEEEES
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The best "snack" to me is pureed vegetable soup. You can make an entire recipe and freeze it into one cup portions to microwave whenever you're hungry.

www.skinnytaste.com has several that are in the 40-60 calorie range per cup:
    53 calorie cauliflower watercress soup
    53 calorie creamy cauliflower soup
    40 calorie cream of zucchini soup
    52 calorie cream of asparagus soup
    52 calorie creamy mushroom soup
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Try to keep it to one medium sized fruit of apple, pear, or a serving of blueberries. You're not going to get much out of 50 calories. Good luck though!

Watch out for those pickles (lots of sodium), but so delicious! :smiley:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have some Ghiradelli chocolate squares that I use for my last 50 calories of the day. Not so filling or "healthy" - but gives me my chocolate fix. Currently I have some dark chocolate sea salt soiree ones. Yum.
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just order a juicy pizza ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    samlacey23 wrote: »
    Just order a juicy pizza ;)

<3
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I have some Ghiradelli chocolate squares that I use for my last 50 calories of the day. Not so filling or "healthy" - but gives me my chocolate fix. Currently I have some dark chocolate sea salt soiree ones. Yum.

Yep. I just had a Dark Chocolate Cherry Tango square.
  • sharonsuewv
    sharonsuewv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried PB2. Its a powdered peanut butter that you mix with water. no fat and very low calories. I have eaten it with apple slices and celery. also comes in chocolate flavor which is my favorite of the two. Amazon has a better price than Walmart on this
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried PB2. Its a powdered peanut butter that you mix with water. no fat and very low calories. I have eaten it with apple slices and celery. also comes in chocolate flavor which is my favorite of the two. Amazon has a better price than Walmart on this

Just remember, PB2 replaces the fat with sugar.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken PB2 has 1g of sugar per serving
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks dipped in Greek yoghurt and mint sauce.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    You can have cucumbers with a tablespoon of a low calorie dressing
    Grape tomatoes
    A half serving of some of the yogurts that come in four serving containers

Sorry that's all I got.

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

O rly

1 serving peanut butter: 188cal 16F/6C/8P
    1 serving PB2: 45cal 1.5F/5C/5P
  • rjnunemaker1
    Options
    I like snack bags (for easy grab) of frozen raspberries, blackberries or blueberries.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mini cheesecake bites:
    8 oz nonfat greek yogurt
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    12 vanilla wafers
    Preheat oven to 325
    place 12 cupcake papers in muffin tin to make 12 bites
    Place 1 vanilla wafer in center of each cupcake paper (they will not cover the whole bottom of the paper)
    In a bowl mix together yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla with a whisk until smooth. Spoon batter over each vanilla wafer (about 2 tablespoons in each) to divide evenly.
    Bake 25 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. 53 calories each. Think of these as a cookie.

Can top with many things, but you will have to adjust the calorie count.
    1 teaspoon of fruit preserves (cherry, blueberry, raspberry, etc)
    Ghiradelli chocolate chips (1 chip= 6 calories)