Sixers Holiday Challenge-Week 4

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best. :flowerforyou: Super duper best.:glasses: Thank you all. :heart:

I managed to drop 2lbs while on vacation. That is a big relief. It's good to know I can manage to do well when surrounded by unhealthy-eating family and good food!

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 157 / Progress: -2
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 210.4 / Progress: -.4
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 210.0 / Progress -1
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 177.6 / Progress -5.6
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 153.2 / Progress: -2.4
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 191.5 / Progress -2.5
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 264 / Progress -2.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 170.4/ Progress -3.6
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 160 / Progress -1.0

Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 200.8 / Progress -.6
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 146 Progress -5
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Way to go Lauryn! See...you are doing FABULOUS!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep it up!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Deb!!! Where are you?!?!?!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    heres a chicken recipe i am trying tomorrow. kisitin had your fish again tonight. really like it.

cheesy chicken 'n broccoli
    4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
    1/4 cup milk
    1/4 lb. (4 oz) velveeta cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
    2 cups frozen broccoli florets
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided

heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. add chicken; cover skillet. cook 5 t 7 min. on each side or until chicken is done. remove chicken from skillet, keep warm

add milk, velveeta, broccoli and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese to skillet. cook, uncovered, on medium heat 4 min. or until velvetta is melted and broccoli is heated through, stirring occasionally.

return chicken to skillet. cook and stir 1 min. or until chicken is coated and heated through. sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.

serve with a rice side dish.

cals. 260, carbs 5, total fat 11, all the info is in the database

could make it even better by using low fat veleeta. got it off kraft foods.com
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

Cathy - that sounds like a yummy recipe, I will have to try it soon!!

Well ladies turns out that i have an infection in my lymph nodes so i'm on antibiotics for 10 days. I'm kind of nervous since I know how they can affect your body, especially if you're trying to lose weight. (Cathy - I know you dealt with this so if you have any advice, i'd love to hear it!)

I'm also headed back to my hometown on Friday so it will be the thanksgiving challenge all over again, only for about 4 weeks rather than 1. I've learned a lot though and I know I can do it. (and I'm SOOOO taking my own scale with me this time. I was higher on the doctor's scale today too! :grumble: )

No plan yet for tomorrow, hopefully if I'm feeling better I can get back on track with C25K. We will see

by the way, sooo excited with the results of the Biggest Loser Finale tonight!!!!
    :heart:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry about missing that weigh in yesterday. I've updated & moved my name. This week was a 0.4 gain. I've been slowly & steadily climbing. It's so hard to stay on track when overwelmed and I haven't had time to think about this enough yet to learn from it. I finished my last final last night & got an A in my anatomy & physiology which I was a little worried about. We have snow this morning and my exercise class was cancelled, so I will go and shovel to start off my exercise for today.

Today:
    1: oatmeal, banana, & coffee w/creamer
    2: grapes
    3: turkey & green beans & salad
    4: skim milk & homemade cookie
    5: chili & roasted squash
    6: ww frozen dessert or yogert

Cathy, Glad the quake was a small one, but what a surprise.
    Shanell, Good job on losing 1 pound
    Katy, You really rock, doing so well in your classes & losing 2 pounds What's the secret??? How wonderful to be invited on the research trip, where will you be going and what will you be doing?
    Kristen, Yeah, you're doing great. Losing a pound during this season, especially when you have so little left to lose is really a big accomplishment.
    Amylou, Good job on the A and being able to do it when you thought you couldn't. I woke up sneezing and my nose was running like a faucet yesterday. I bought some cold-eze and took 1 claritin. I sucked on the cold-eze every 2-4 hours like directed and woke up this morning feeling great. No runny nose or sneezing. If you get that cold-eze right away I swear it works.
    Tamara, Good job on your lose.
    Pedal, Glad your starting to feel like yourself again.
    Lauryn, Loing 2 pounds while on vacation is unbelievable. How did you manage?

I will try to be better about sticking with my healthy lifestyle this week. There's still time to turn things around for next weigh in right?

Have a good day ladies:flowerforyou:

Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 160 / Progress -1.0
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 201.2 / Progress -.2

• kistinbee
    Options
    I'm here! I'm here!!!! Sorry it took me so long to post this morning. They moved our offices at work and I was without internet this morning. Still without phone for the time being. Hope to eventually be all settled back in.

Well last night I went to bed with TONS of remaining calories. Which I don't like to do. I got a good 1/2 hour on the elliptical, 45 minute Step class, and 15 minute Ab workout in. Then had baked chicken with broccoli and wild rice for dinner. Even some pecans later in the evening. But still lots of extra calories!

Here's the plan so far for today:

Breakfast
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Cream of Wheat - Instant Original Flavor, 1 PACKET 100
    Splenda - Brown Sugar Blend, 1 tsp 16
    Total breakfast 250

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Cereal Bar-Blackberry Graham, 1 bar (35g) 110
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 6 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Total lunch 115

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi - TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Cherry Dark Chocolate, 1 bar 120
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Total afternoon snacks 192

Dinner
    Kraft - Shredded Mozzarella-Fat Free, 1/4 cup 45
    Honeysuckle White - Ground Turkey, 4 oz. 160
    Mission - Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajitas, 2 tortilla 160
    Flavorite - Black Beans, 1/2 cup 140
    Total dinner 505

PM snacks
    Depends on remaining calories

Total: 1,202
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -2

Exercise plan: 1/2 hour run, 1 hour BodyPump

I may have a side salad with dinner. I should have plenty of calories to have some evening snack also.

Deb! I'm so happy to hear from you! I understand how overwhelming finals are, so no worries! Glad you're all finished and congrats on the A in anat/phisio!!!! Nicely done! And you're words were so kind to comment to everyone! Take care sweetie and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:flowerforyou:

Well...back to work. I will try and post later in I have a chance. Things are kind of crazy with moving offices and all...kind of off track. Have a great day!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Lauryn, Loing 2 pounds while on vacation is unbelievable. How did you manage?

Deb, honestly, I think a part of it was being around my family. I learned my horrible eating habits and lack of exercise from them. Watching them mindlessly eat, take elevators 3 flights instead of stairs, and generally lounge was EYE OPENING. I saw how I use to be, and why I use to be over 200 lbs. I think seeing them eating really made me curb my eating, and seeing them lounge made me WANT to workout! It didn't hurt that the fitness center there had treadmills and ellipticals with built in tvs, and a heated swimming pool to enjoy.

However, I have been losing and gaining back those same 2lbs for a month now. :wink: So it may have just been a fluke! :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Lauryn...isn't it amazing to look back at how we used to be compared to how we are now!?! It's like "What was I thinking?!" I can't believe how much I used to eat at a time!!! CRAZY!:noway:

Glad we made this life change!:wink:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    tried that chicken with the veleeta. yummy good. very cheesey. was easy to make. we serverd it over rice.
    did 30 mins on eliptacal this morning. first time i have done that. what a good workout. i was looking for a different cardio instead of treadmill. will do that again on friday. tomorrow is my c25k workout.
    well off to get the night time chores done.
    back later..
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, been feeling a little guilty. Trying to get back on track. I haven't been doing to well the past week and half. I start with good intentions and then fail. It makes hard to buy healthy when you don't have much money either. Plus, I'm the only one in the house that will eat the really good healthy stuff, like squash and aparagus and fish even. So, I'm trying to find a happy medium with me and the rest of the fam and watch my budget.

Well good news, I won a karaoke machine at work. I'm going to give it to the girls for Christmas. They should have fun with it. We also had a guest, Laurie Smith from Trading Spaces. She is getting her own line of lighting through our company. She has come here before and gave us all an autographed book of hers, and today she came for our so called Christmas party today. So overall, it was a pretty awesome day, just not food wise, :blushing:

I have a Christmas singing thing at the school for the girls tomorrow, so pretty busy when I get off of work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow.:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    OMG...I just posted a HUGE LONG post and the internet gliched and it erased! I'll have to post later...no time now! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    are we playing hide and go seek???:wink:
    busy night tonight. pick up son at 4:30 (30 min drive one way), bring him back home, pick up DH (he has a meeting and will be getting home as i am getting son), head to school for granddaughters Christmas program tonight at 6. need to be at school by 5:30 to get a seat. will barely make it. don't know when i am eating dinner. grab a sandwich on my way out the door to school. won't be leaving school until at least 7:30 or so. (i think). to late for me to be eating. just adjust my meals today.
    well off to wake DH so he can get ready for his meeting.
    back later hope everyone has a great day
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi! Well...as I had so nicely written ealier but it was erased...

Last night was good except I ended up going to bed with a lot of calories remaining again. I don't like to do that. I will get through today and tomorrow and then do some figuring over the weekend. I know it's because I tend to eat fewer snacks in the evening these days, PLUS I upped my cardio. So...I will figure it out!

Here's the meal plan for today so far:
    Breakfast
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Cream of Wheat - Instant Original Flavor, 1 PACKET 100
    Splenda - Brown Sugar Blend, 1 tsp 16
    Homemade Pecan Cookies, 1 cookie 75
    Total breakfast 325

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 6 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Tuna Salad Sandwich w/cheese, 1 meal 205
    Total lunch 320

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Chewy Granola Bars - Honey Almond Flax, 1 bar (35g) 140
    Grapes - Raw, 1 cup 62
    Total afternoon snacks 202

Dinner
    Fish - Broiled Tilapia Parmesan, 1 serving(s) (1/4 pound ea.) 177
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Potatoes - Red, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) 154
    Total dinner 414

PM snacks
    Not sure yet!

Total: 1,401
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -201

Exercise plan: 1/2 hour elliptical, 45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout!

Well...time to get back to work! Have a good morning ladies!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I went to Bosu class this morning. My hamstings are still sore from Tuesdays bellies, booties and biceps class but I made it through. This is my workout schedule.....
    Monday Step/abs class
    Tuesday Bellies, booties and biceps
    Wed. Step/ Interval class
    Thursdays Bosu and Ball
    Friday Step/abs class

On the weekend I try to make it to the gym to do some elliptical and some treadmill. Each of those classes are an hour long. I try to go like that every week but of course there is usually something that stops from at least one of them. I wont be going tomorrow because I am going to Atlanta for the weekend and have a 3 hour drive so just going to put the kids on the bus for school and then pick them up around lunch time and leave.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Connie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Connie, what is Bosu??? (I could google it but I'm lazy.... or at work and 'busy'. Take your pick :wink: )

I have a holiday luncheon tomorrow so I won't get to workout or weigh in, so I'm weighing in today. Another one bites the dust. 159. I am happy with this. Maybe my focus is back. :bigsmile: I'm feeling happier. Making progress in my mind, resolutions in my life, just focusing in general. I know I'm babbling like a big vague weirdo, but this is how I roll. :tongue:

Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 159 / Progress -2.0
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 201.2 / Progress -.2

• katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey ladies.. Im here in spirit :flowerforyou:

Im at my sisters til tonight or tomorrow and have been busy!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats on school stuff and weight loss. I see alot of you ladies have done excellent as well and lost some weight! CONGRATS to you !! :drinker:

Im trying to eat good while Im here, but I am also getting good exercise- helping her with odd jobs around her house. Last night I did Shred level 2 workout, then still had energy so did Level 1.. I felt so much better afterwards!! (But major motivation- was watching the Victoria Secret's Fashion Show on TV while the shred played on my laptop..oh yea, major motivation LOL)

Well, not sure if I will be able to check-in in the morning- If Im at home, Ill be able to- if not, I wont!

You ladies have an excellent day!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Katy

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Bosu looks like half a ball. When you do exercises with it you are using alot of muscles especially your core ones because you need them all to keep your balance. I really like doing it and would love to have one here at the house but they cost about $100. I cant afford that right now but maybe in a couple of months. They do have a website that you could look at if you wanted to. I actually find that crunches on a Bosu is easier than doing them on the floor and you really do feel it in your tummy later one also.

Connie
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bosu balls are also good for working on balance. And they are GREAT for working the core, as are stability balls!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Oh! I just remembered that we weigh in tomorrow...I'm sending good karma to everyone!:wink::flowerforyou: Wanted to share some of the things I love about you gals!:flowerforyou:

Cathy ~ Always good at pushing us to get our butts in gear!
    Deb ~ Hard working and always complimenting!
    AmyLou ~ Always seems to be happy and sends that to others!
    Tammara ~ You seem like you'd be the perfect weight-loss buddy! Wish we lived closer!
    Rhiannon ~ Inspiring and motivational! A true leader!
    Becky ~ You are a rockstar!
    Shanell ~ Obviously super caring...can tell by your interaction with your mom on here!
    Lauryn ~ Such a sweetheart to everyone and never giving up no matter what the challenge!
    Katy ~ Definetely our leader in weight loss!!!
    Robin ~ So good at meal planning!
    Amy ~ You seem like you would be the perfect mom...always helpful, uplifting, and encouraging!
    Cass ~ Such a strong spirit!!! And great motivator also!
    Allie ~ You are SO beautiful!!!
    Connie ~ I think you're our most improved...seems like you are doing SO good!
    Tan ~ You are a wonderful spirit! Totally a great person!

I love you all!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'll check back tomorrow with weigh-in!