Low calorie Lunch suggestions -Vegetarian

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What I take to work is about 4crackers, a serving of humus, a serving of carrots, a serving of mix broccoli & cauliflower and tiny bit of ranch (2tblsp). And I sometimes will have a cup of fruit or some yogurt.

P.s. I'm a lacto-ovel-vegetarian :)
    hope this helps you some:)

Thanks! what's a lacto-ovel-vegetarian ? no diary and....

A lacto-ovo vegetarian (what I think the poster meant) is someone who eats both dairy and eggs but avoids meat.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite vegetarian lunches is when I make homemade veggie patties. You can basically use whatever vegetables you like. My favorite is spinach/mushroom/onion/zucchini/asparagus. You just chop up your vegetables, sautee them a bit in some garlic and olive oil, mix it all together in a bowl with an egg, some cheese (feta is my favorite), spices, some bread crumbs or quinoa, make patties, slap them on a baking sheet and bake them. I make like, 24 at a time. They're really tasty and usually around 100 calories a piece, depending on the ingredients you use. (I make recipes on MFP whenever I make them to be sure). I've done all kinds of combos, they've all been very good. Broccoli, cauliflower, cheddar and rice (onion and garlic must always be included, btw) is another good one.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've found that cottage cheese is my friend at lunch time. I'll put a scoop on a salad, have a serving of it with veggies and salsa, plop it on top of black beans & tomatoes with hot sauce... it adds protein and fat without tons of calories, it tastes good alone but combines well with sweet or savory flavors, and is generally a lunch all-star.
  • PaigeMarieLane
    PaigeMarieLane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's where I eat eggs and dairy. But will not eat any meat. I did mean lacto-ovo-vegetarian lol. Sorry auto correct.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Toasted sandwich with hummus and a lot of spinach
  • AGupta6mobile
    AGupta6mobile Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite vegetarian lunches is when I make homemade veggie patties. You can basically use whatever vegetables you like. My favorite is spinach/mushroom/onion/zucchini/asparagus. You just chop up your vegetables, sautee them a bit in some garlic and olive oil, mix it all together in a bowl with an egg, some cheese (feta is my favorite), spices, some bread crumbs or quinoa, make patties, slap them on a baking sheet and bake them. I make like, 24 at a time. They're really tasty and usually around 100 calories a piece, depending on the ingredients you use. (I make recipes on MFP whenever I make them to be sure). I've done all kinds of combos, they've all been very good. Broccoli, cauliflower, cheddar and rice (onion and garlic must always be included, btw) is another good one.

Awesome, i will have to try this.. i bbrought those quinoa and spinach patties from costco, i mix em u in my salad.. but i want to make em myself as those patties contain lot of sodium..
  • AGupta6mobile
    Options
    It's where I eat eggs and dairy. But will not eat any meat. I did mean lacto-ovo-vegetarian lol. Sorry auto correct.

:) Nice, I guess im the same. Egg and milk but no meat. I call it eggitarian :)
  • AGupta6mobile
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I've found that cottage cheese is my friend at lunch time. I'll put a scoop on a salad, have a serving of it with veggies and salsa, plop it on top of black beans & tomatoes with hot sauce... it adds protein and fat without tons of calories, it tastes good alone but combines well with sweet or savory flavors, and is generally a lunch all-star.

Thanks will have to try, i bought cottage cheese to try, one of those single serving with fruits on the side.. didnt like it.. but will have to try another brand..
  • AGupta6mobile
    Options
    Toasted sandwich with hummus and a lot of spinach

Sounds yum.. i will on a cheat day, i am trying staying away from bread for couple of weeks..
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you eat dairy in addition to eggs, you could do cheese sandwiches loaded with veggies (try on a low carb wrap for an extra protein punch). Also, good sources of protein from dairy include greek yogurt, string cheese, lowfat cottage cheese. All can be eaten with fruit or veggies to make a complete meal. Big salads packed with veggies of all kinds with a bit of cheese, a boiled egg and a few seeds or nuts makes a nice filling meal.
    Of course vegetarian chili and veggie soups are always great and can be made in large batches and frozen in individual servings for taking for lunch.