Thoughts on Sucralose or Aspartame in diet food?

Options
13»

Replies

• donnasinc
    donnasinc Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I suggest you watch the documentary "Fed Up".... Very interesting angle on sugar.
    Personally, I say clean eating all the way!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    donnasinc wrote: »
    I suggest you watch the documentary "Fed Up".... Very interesting angle on sugar.
    Personally, I say clean eating all the way!

No thank you, I'd rather have actual science.
  • becky_shrinks
    becky_shrinks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    As a diabetic type 2 in remission, I use artificial sweeteners almost exclusively. I can't tell the difference any more. Artificial sweeteners do not make me hungry. Intensive cardio makes me hungry.

I have pcos and was told to use them by a dietician. I was so used to them that the taste of real sugar used to gross me out :-) if I picked up my hubby coffee by accident I used to gag lol
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    These threads always make me wonder if I have defective taste buds. Sucralose, aspartame, saccharine, etc. taste fine to me - no bitterness or other surprising taste. So I don't really give a fig whether its in something I'm eating or not.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    These threads always make me wonder if I have defective taste buds. Sucralose, aspartame, saccharine, etc. taste fine to me - no bitterness or other surprising taste. So I don't really give a fig whether its in something I'm eating or not.

I think it's a genetic thing, like the variances in how people taste cilantro. I can't taste ANY sweetness in any of the artificial sweeteners, just acrid bitterness. Plain yogurt tastes sweeter to me than a yogurt with an artificial sweetener. I don't think it's TEH EEEEEEBIL DEATH, but it ruins my eating experience, which to me is the greatest crime a foodstuff can commit.
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    Try some plain yogurt with some honey in it =) sprinkle a little cinnamon. I use honey and cinnamon in something at least once a day and it's been great for weight loss! =)