I love coffee and it makes calorie deficit living so much nicer.

Options
f81cs1guuzuy.jpg

I think coffee is great. It really helps me lose weight. I drink about four cups a day. I start the day with one or two cups (cups not giant mugs). I drink it as I eat breakfast. I often work out within 30 minutes of breakfast, but if I have to wait to workout I usually drink another before I exercise.

I usually have one with lunch and rarely another about 3:00 p.m. I drink it black. And I prefer to buy coffee and brew it, but I will take anything--office coffee, fast food place coffee, Starbucks/CBTL coffee. Whatever.

I think I am lucky I like the taste of coffee. But, if you are used to additions like milk and sweeteners I imagine you would be fine if you scrupulously include the calories.

I try to eat before I get super hungry and coffee helps take the edge off my hunger. How about you?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I fit 1-2 Dunks iced coffees into my day every day. I don't do it to deal with a deficit; I do it to deal with the day, haha.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Same here
    I drink 3 to 4 mugs of black coffee a day

And in the evening i also make sometimes as a treat a Starbucks espresso for our self
    Next to that i get sometimes a small Starbucks cappuccino.

In a way the same as before i was losing weight.
    But i sure love my coffee.

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love's my coffee. 3, 8 ounce cups start my day. I have been having 2 Tbs milk and 3 splendas in my coffee at 33 calories per cup, but I have noticed (out of splenda today) that I am enjoying my coffee black as well. Yes, it does help me get through until I need to fuel with food. Love, love, love it!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yay for coffee! Black coffee is my breakfast. I drink it unsweetened and it’s the perfect thing for me in the mornings, as my tummy isn’t too keen on being bombarded with food before lunch. I love coffee in the afternoon as well because it helps me deal with pre-dinner hunger.

I love coffee almost as much as deadlifts.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    f81cs1guuzuy.jpg

I think coffee is great. It really helps me lose weight. I drink about four cups a day. I start the day with one or two cups (cups not giant mugs). I drink it as I eat breakfast. I often work out within 30 minutes of breakfast, but if I have to wait to workout I usually drink another before I exercise.

I usually have one with lunch and rarely another about 3:00 p.m. I drink it black. And I prefer to buy coffee and brew it, but I will take anything--office coffee, fast food place coffee, Starbucks/CBTL coffee. Whatever.

I think I am lucky I like the taste of coffee. But, if you are used to additions like milk and sweeteners I imagine you would be fine if you scrupulously include the calories.

I try to eat before I get super hungry and coffee helps take the edge off my hunger. How about you?

I took my current job, in part, because they had free coffee.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live without it lol. I think I would give up almost any other food and drink I love if I had to but couldn't give up coffee. I too like it black but once often add other things for variety sometimes the basic sweeteneter and cream, sometimes plain cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla bean, kahlua or baileys (on special weekends teehee). While pregnant I switched to decaf and did fine so it's more than caffiene for me, maybe all in my head, but oh well it gets me through the day :P
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    It does suppress the appetite …I couldn't live without it...
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I dunno about suppressing appetite, but if I have coffee on an empty stomach I feel pretty nauseous, so I only drink it right after a meal or with a snack. Any caffeine when I haven't eaten doesn't settle well. With that said, we have an espresso machine at home and I usually have 2 shots a day, sometimes I also hit up Starbucks but I make better tasting cappuccinos at home than Starbucks ;) So it's more if I want a specialty thing like a Frapp or want to work outside my house for a while.

If I'm drinking a cup of coffee I take it black. If it's an espresso shot I like an Americano (just espresso + water, tastes like a strong cup of regular coffee) or frothing a bit of milk for a cappuccino. And if it's a Frapp or mocha or something I want all the delicious sugar/calories you can put it one because that's usually a dessert for me, haha.
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but have only just recently started drinking it black as I'm trying to cut out dairy. Only trouble is if I have some after 5pm I can't sleep at night :( I've tried decaf but it's not as nice black. I want a cup of coffee now...
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the nectar of the gods. I'm addicted - I admit it - I'll never quit it!!!!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and only coffee for breakfast. I take it with a packet of sweet and low and two tbsp. of evaporated milk, which comes to 40 calories, and then I drink another cup, which makes my breakfast come to only about 80-100 calories. That satisfies me until lunch, and I have a bunch of calories left. Yeah!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    jellytot3 wrote: »
    I love coffee but have only just recently started drinking it black as I'm trying to cut out dairy. Only trouble is if I have some after 5pm I can't sleep at night :( I've tried decaf but it's not as nice black. I want a cup of coffee now...

Aw! I'd recommend you keep searching for a good decaf, I've tried a few and I often can't tell the difference taste-wise. If all else fails, decaf Americanos are always really good in my experience!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Agreed for all the reasons you mentioned!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I fit 1-2 Dunks iced coffees into my day every day. I don't do it to deal with a deficit; I do it to deal with the day, haha.
    This. Coffee makes me a reasonable human being.
  • cheche555
    cheche555 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coffee, chocolate and a Tylenol can save any problem!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just love hot drinks man. They make me feel nice and warm on the inside. :#
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. Aside from needing my coffee in the morning to prevent me from murdering all and sundry, I do find it to really help me manage my deficit.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    2 small cups w/ half and half in the morning before breakfast-that's it
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Coffee!
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a wonderful thing. Every night, I have 2 cups with a little cream and Splenda. And that is one of the things that stops me from eating too much at night. I *could* diet without coffee, but it wouldn't be nearly so bearable.