Why are you here?

Options

Replies

• Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am here because I have no energy and feel so fatigued after a workday that I feel I can't keep up with my 4.5 year old daughter! I want to show her a healthy lifestyle and also be the best Mom and me I can be!
    This site is so supportive and motivating I just recently discovered the friends portion of this and what a difference to have positive feedback from like-minded individuals and be on the same page!
    Add me if you're looking for positive energy and encouragement on your newsfeed and can provide the same:)

@DedRepublic what an amazing transformation! You are an inspiration, congrats on your accomplishments!
  • garjun96
    garjun96 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I here so that I can finally get an amazing body like superheroes that I always admire :), I am an upcoming illusionist and looks really matters on TV .
  • kaitiedid3
    kaitiedid3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kaitiedid3 wrote: »
    I'm doing it for my son. I know everyone says weight loss should be done for your own well being, but that hasn't been enough motivation for me for years. My son is 11 months old and has started mimicking my actions, and it's made me realize that my obesity, eating habits, and laziness are not only a problem of my own anymore. This spring I started a journey that will last for my lifetime, I'm ready to change and be the role model my son will need :)

I started my transformation when my son's were 1 and 3. And you are totally thinking about this the right way...this is lifestyle...lifelong journey...and your son will follow you.

From back in 2012...my son's were 1 and 3 respectively:

Profile-Front-Hips-final4.jpg

My youngest son is now 5:

Body-Beast-Transformation-Robert-Body-Beast.png

My oldest son is now 7:

Robert-Broussard-Body-Beast-Transformation.jpg

That is awesome! I don't think there's any better motivator to improve yourself than to make your kids proud :)
  • diexlibellen
    diexlibellen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am here because I am tired of being depressed about my body and not doing anything about it. I am tired of feeling frumpy when I am out and about and want my self consciousness to stop rearing her head. I am here because irl there isn't the support and MFP could possibly give me that.
  • artia4ever
    Options
    I'm here bec I know I'm a beautiful woman but I just wish my body matched up I have a high metabolism But since I had my daughter that went down hill now I see the wight packing on and it's making me very uncomfortable with sex bathing suits just cloths that use to fit and I'm barley making it in them now. I feel as tho its not fare to myself and my fiance I'm not the slim tia he fell for even tho he say it don't bother him it dose me for him lol
  • authip85
    authip85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So many of us know what we want to do. But how many of us know WHY? Start with WHY, so why are you here?
    Tired of the constant roller coaster of losing weight and gaining weight. I want to lose the weight and keep it off. Nice slim fit. This site definitely helps with that because of great support and motivation from fellow MFP users!! Good luck to you all and stay motivated
  • bionicbonnie13
    bionicbonnie13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was a long distance runner until my knee said no more running. I've gone from 125 pounds to just 'one day' of being 140 pounds and I've said no more!!! I'm an active person, can't run any longer so I can ride a bike, then can't ride a bike any longer so I can walk, now I can't walk anymore so I can lift weights. I just had my 5th knee surgery 9 days ago. 5 knee surgeries in 4 years and 5 months, all on the same right knee. Arthroscopy, Total Knee Replacement, Arthroscopy, Total knee Revision (take out original knee replacement then put in a new one), then another Arthroscopy 9 days ago. So I am flat on my back once again in recovery with no exercise but limited walking around my house. My Garmin Vivosmart tells me I am not moving enough but it does not know my current situation. So I synced it with MyFitness Pal on the 13th of April and I've been true to the food app everyday. Staying just at or under my 1200 calorie a day limit. I'll get there, back to my 125 again and eventually exercising again too. My mantra is "Never give up, always keep trying, never settle!"
  • JenniferArbuckle2015
    Options
    So many of us know what we want to do. But how many of us know WHY? Start with WHY, so why are you here?

Because I'm trying to improve my health and that starts with my diet. This keeps me honest, having to document everything I eat.
  • sarahjean987
    sarahjean987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here so I can enjoy my 20's being healthy, to be able to buy clothes I have never been able to wear, shorts, a bakini, I'm on the cusp of high blood pressure because of my weight its now or never and all the cardiovascular problems will come after me, its time to change I'm not on a diet, I'm one stone down 7 to go on a new way of life.
  • paolachavez07
    Options
    I am here because of my two sons 6 and 4 are eatting really unhealthy...cookies muffins donuts..so on and I feel like since I got pregnant I been in this place that I still eat for two..I was at 198...two years ago started to do boxing classes but my eatting habits were still bad so I decided to try this app and I have seen progress more now then ever because I been eatting healthier...now I am at 165 and still pushing myself to lose more weight to be where I was before my first pregnancy 140 I will get there soon that is a promise to my kids...
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Why I'm here now, and why I originally joined MFP are two totally different animals.

When I first joined MFP (8+? years ago) I was anorexic and wanted to count (so I could restrict) every calorie I ate. And I want to do that so I could be super skinny because I believed it was the only way to be pretty. And it was a control thing etc etc etc.

NOW I'm on MFP to keep myself accountable. I've actually stopped logging all the time, but I still pre-plan days that I know will challenge staying in my calorie range and logging workouts helps motivate me to go do them. I'd like to maintain at this weight because it's healthy (and I don't want to have to buy new clothes) and I want to work out to be stronger - but it's not really about looking 'hot' anymore - just about being healthy and staying at a reasonable weight. Also, I really appreciate the advice I receive here when trying a new workout, tweaking one I'm struggling with, or getting opinions on food and the like.
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm here becuse i have a "Dream". Like all other dreams i want it to also come true.
    Love to workout.
    Lol ,also i'm single.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The stronger your WHY. The better your result. Pretty deep WHY's in here so far. Thanks for sharing. I would encourage everyone to have some visible reminder of their WHY...something you would see every day. It could be a note...a picture...a vision board...but you need to stay focused on your reason for being here.
  • JocelynMooremfp
    JocelynMooremfp Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I am doing it for my self, my husband, my health, and my future family. I am not unhealthy, yet. However I am well on my way. I love my husband so much and I want to live a long, happy, healthy life with him doing the things we love. I want a family someday and I want to be a positive influence rather than a negative one. And finally, I want to be happy and confident enough to go after the things I want out of life.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm here to get healthy .. To take the time for myself after taking care of everyone else...
  • antidote81
    antidote81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, well I'm here because I'm addicted to lifting iron... Pre-workout... And flexing in front of the mirror ;)
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    antidote81 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, well I'm here because I'm addicted to lifting iron... Pre-workout... And flexing in front of the mirror ;)

Umm....well....ummm....this sounds like me. :D

• DedRepublic
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Why I'm here now, and why I originally joined MFP are two totally different animals.

You WHY can and will change...when you get your results...be it health, fitting into clothes, hitting that goal...you may decide how far you want to go...you may find new goals to set. Miles or races to run, weight goals to push, aesthetic goals to mold into. Fun stuff. :)
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    I'm here becuse i have a "Dream". Like all other dreams i want it to also come true.

MFP...where dreams come true!

• Fatbuster17
    Fatbuster17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am here because I'm just tired of being fat and overweight! I hate the way I look being overweight and I hate wearing "fat people" clothes ( the price you pay for being fat!). I used to be in shape, ate the right things and was healthy. Over the past 24 years, I have inched up and up, lost weight and gained weight. I am 56 years old and don't want the extra burden of excess weight and unhealthy eating habits anymore. All of the above will lead to bad health for sure and I don't want to go there. I started back in February and have been serious with the diet and eating healthier. My profile picture was taken the day I started my weight loss journey. I have lost 25 lbs and counting.....so I just joined MFP a couple of days ago because I think it is where I need to be to have support for my continued journey. I am already inspired by all of your stories!