Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 3]

Options

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)
    what is the first thing ur planning to do when you achieve ur first goal or if u already achieved it what did you do ?

I am planning to buy me some nice gym clothes i guess the old one's r not fitting me anymore in a good way as they r loose :happy:

Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)
    what is the first thing ur planning to do when you achieve ur first goal or if u already achieved it what did you do ?

Kathy

I have been buying myself a piece of jewelry (nothing too pricey) for every ten pounds that I lose. I love it! I'm celebrating BIG when I reach my final goal. I am splurging big time on a sapphire ring (my birth stone), going shopping for new clothes (until then it's just thrift shops), AND going on a trip to show of my new physique. Yeah... I have plans :-)
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So sorry for the delay everyone on Monday's QOTD. I had a throbbing headache along with stomach pains yesterday, so I was barely on the computer. And I just finally sent my partner the embarrassing story about myself.

Here is the embarrasing story from my partner, Nikkiws:

"Recently I went swimming and had put my costume on before leaving home. I was so busy getting the baby ready for the lesson I didn't concentrate on me. Half way through the lesson I looked down and realised I still had my t shirt on, none of girlfriends had said anything! We always go for a pub lunch after the lesson, I had to eat my lunch wearing my bra and my coat done up... much to the amusement of my friends!"

When reading this, my first thought... at least she had a coat or that would've been one awkward lunch ;) hehe
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)

The first goal I set for myself was a NSV...to complete Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. When I reached that goal, I scheduled a 90 minute sugar scrub massage for myself. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the appointment, which isn't until mid-June.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)
    what is the first thing ur planning to do when you achieve ur first goal or if u already achieved it what did you do?
    Kathy

Once I'm under 200, I'll probably get a new pair of jeans. Mostly because mine don't fit already.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    My lovely partner nicki's story:

During my social work career, I was a guest speaker at a small training for parents on how to get children to express their emotions in a positive manner. It was held at a conference room in a local hotel. The hotel had 8 conference rooms. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down which conference room and tried to recall from memory. As I walked into the room, I noticed that it was a smaller group than I had anticipated (which was great because public speaking is one ofm y biggest fears) and everyone appeared to be on a break. So, I called them to attention and they all went back to their seats. I spoke for nearly 10 minutes (even read a short bit from a childrens storybook) when a man raised his hand. I asked if he had a question. And his response "What does this have to do with our benefits?" Apparently, the hotel was training new employees in that conference room and had been told that the next speaker would be discussing their health insurance benefits. So, I had just given part of my speech to a few hotel housekeepers, maintenence staff, and reservations clerks.

Haha, made me laugh as this is exactly the sort of thing I would do!

Tuesday qotd: I haven't thought of a reward for reaching my goal but seeing as my clothes are too big, I guess it will be some new jeans, and maybe a nice haircut x
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)
    what is the first thing ur planning to do when you achieve ur first goal or if u already achieved it what did you do ? Kathy

I have been rewarding myself with something to assist me in my goals at each 10 pounds lost. My first one was an Enell sports bra; it is my favorite reward of all. Then a HRM, new workout clothes, and new running shoes. I am two pounds away from my first pampering reward. I plan to get a massage when I lose 50 pounds. :happy:
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This is kind of sad to say, but I haven't even thought of anything. In fact, I didn't really even set a 1st goal. However, after seeing all your stories - I am definitely setting a goal. So I'm going to go with losing 10%, which for me would be 16.4 lbs. When I reach 147.6 lbs I am scheduling a lovely facial for myself at a spa. I haven't had one in many years!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I should be at my goal weight by August 1st. I have been planning to get a tummy tuck so I guess that would be my reward.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I also haven't really mapped out rewards for myself. I haven't been buying new clothes lately, in hopes that I will need a smaller size soon, so I'm sure a new outfit or two will be purchased once I reach my goal. I love everyone's pampering ideas.... I may have to consider a massage if I reach my goal of 160 by Aug 22!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)

Well, I am hoping my final goal will be reached before the end of the year, and each Christmas we get a weekend away to attend my husband's Christmas party - and I want to buy a fabulous Holiday outfit for it....one that is NOT in the plus sizes!!!
    Hmm...being that his company pays for a Motel Room for the night for the two of us - maybe I should add some lingerie too! :bigsmile:

I don't have any other rewards really....except maybe the fact that I feel so darn good lately!
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)
    what is the first thing ur planning to do when you achieve ur first goal or if u already achieved it what did you do?
    Kathy
    When I reach my first goal ,which is getting under 140, I plan on buying me some sexy lingerie and getting a new cellphone that I want so bad(Sprint Evo). I haven't been reaching my goals lately so I end up getting the things I want earlier. I almost got the new cellphone today!!! I may just get it while I can but don't activate or use it until I have earned it... lol What you guys think?
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)

Well, I am hoping my final goal will be reached before the end of the year, and each Christmas we get a weekend away to attend my husband's Christmas party - and I want to buy a fabulous Holiday outfit for it....one that is NOT in the plus sizes!!!
    Hmm...being that his company pays for a Motel Room for the night for the two of us - maybe I should add some lingerie too! :bigsmile:

I don't have any other rewards really....except maybe the fact that I feel so darn good lately!

Hey this sounds like a good plan to me. I love to get away and have fun.... Get it!!!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Monday's QOTD

My husband received a phone call from a very aggressive bill collector who became very irrate with his inability to remember to pay a bill that he accumulated months ago. My husband was adamant that he did not owe any money to this company. The bill collector began to yell and degrade him for not paying his bill. My husband got very upset and began using profanity... In the end he was so embarrassed because it was my mom playing a joke on him. She thought he was so mild manner and always kept his cool. TOO FUNNY!

I think Jamaica meant an embarrassing story about your DITR partner, not spouse.

Haha...it would be soooo much easier to tell an embarassing story about my spouse ;)

Lol...I thought it was pretty funny:) I'm still working on my embarassing story. Sorry for the delay.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)

I am planning to buy me some nice gym clothes i guess the old one's r not fitting me anymore in a good way as they r loose :happy:

Kathy

I plan on going shopping because my first real goal is to get out of plus size clothes. I think I've been plus size since I was 13 or 14. I'm ready to wear something cute an sexy:)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Nicki's story just made me CRACK up in my living room! Thank you!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday:

So here is my buddy CHASEKILGANNON's embarrassing story in her own words

"So, my story was in my freshman year of high school, I was about 15 at the time, give or take. I had a boyfriend, this very nerdy, skinny and tall guy. We had decided that since our school started later that day, we would sneak to my house and lose our virginity to each other. I only lived less than a block away so we get there fine, and we're stupid, so when we get there we don't opt for the bedroom, we just go for it on the couch.

We were not going to win any prizes for intelligence, that's for sure.

So, in our retarded, nerve-wracked "ugly-bumping" we hear the front door. I leap like ten feet off of him and we grab pillows to cover ourselves because running to the room seems like the smart idea-- don't do that! In walks my aunt.

Apparently my aunt had her washer and dryer broken, so she asked my mum if she could use ours. So my aunt walked in on me my first time. "
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday:
    With my 1st goal i want to treat myself to a new purse. This is so I can enjoy buying my next goal which is a gorgeous bikini for my next goal which is to feel great and importantly comfortable on my holiday.

:)
  • jacks90
    jacks90 Posts: 14
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday
    With my first goal I'm going to buy myself some nice outfits for my cruise in August :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday (May 17)

I haven't really set any goals yet:blushing: I think that when I finish this round of the Shred (round 2) I will buy myself some 5 lbs weights. All I have are 3 and 8. I think that is too big a jump for me to make.