Any brave bulkers willing to help with visuals?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Thank you all for sharing your info. @sardelsa your blog entry is really helpful. I’m working towards a bulk, once I lose a bit more fat, and it’s amazingly useful to see how other people have gone about it. I’m super excited to get to that part: I want to see my lifts take off :smiley:

Also, I now want a nice big steak. OP, I blame you :p .

P.S. @sardelsa I hope you don’t mind me saying that it blows my mind how many awesome calories you eat on your plan. I’m 3” shorter at 133 and eat 1000 calories less (about 1300). I don’t even know how that’s possible, but it’s Awesome.

Thanks @Emilia777. I wasn't always easy mentally, but all in all it was exciting and bulking helped conquer any residing fear of food mentality. Gaining those 10lbs didn't happen overnight or by accident, and seeing the difference in composition eating at surplus coupled with heavy lifting.. 'twas a beautiful thing :)

Sounds fantastic to me :smile: . Major kudos for sticking with it: sounds like it’s absolutely worth it. I’m really excited to get to the point where it’s bulk-time.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Most of my progress photos are in my bulking blog in my profile.

I gained 10lbs (121-131lbs) over 4.5 months, so just over 2lbs per month.

Was this your first bulk?
    I'm on my phone so can't get at your profile. Will you post a link for me?
    Would you say your bulk was short, average or long?

Did you at any point find yourself losing weight for a week or two and needing to adjust your cals?

No prob here is the link: https://sardelsa.wordpress.com/

My bulk was average length I would say. I wouldn't say losing, but not gaining. I weighed everyday so I was pretty aware of fluctuations and I knew when I was hitting plateaus and had to increase, it was a bit of trial and error. I started at around 2900 cals and ended up around 3300 by the end of my bulk.

ETA: Sorry yes, this was my first bulk!

Hi! Great bulking.

Was 2900-3300 net calories or tdee?

In other words, were you including your exercise cals?

We are almost bulk twins. I went 123-133 over 4/5 months and had great results.
    I was netting 2250-2500plus (at the end, on holiday in Hawaii)
    But when I added the exercise cals it was 2500 plus depending on what I was doing that day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Most of my progress photos are in my bulking blog in my profile.

I gained 10lbs (121-131lbs) over 4.5 months, so just over 2lbs per month.

Was this your first bulk?
    I'm on my phone so can't get at your profile. Will you post a link for me?
    Would you say your bulk was short, average or long?

Did you at any point find yourself losing weight for a week or two and needing to adjust your cals?

No prob here is the link: https://sardelsa.wordpress.com/

My bulk was average length I would say. I wouldn't say losing, but not gaining. I weighed everyday so I was pretty aware of fluctuations and I knew when I was hitting plateaus and had to increase, it was a bit of trial and error. I started at around 2900 cals and ended up around 3300 by the end of my bulk.

ETA: Sorry yes, this was my first bulk!

Hi! Great bulking.

Was 2900-3300 net calories or tdee?

In other words, were you including your exercise cals?

We are almost bulk twins. I went 123-133 over 4/5 months and had great results.
    I was netting 2250-2500plus (at the end, on holiday in Hawaii)
    But when I added the exercise cals it was 2500 plus depending on what I was doing that day.

Thanks @Springfield1970 !
    It was TDEE. (I pretty much don't sit still all day! haha)

Yea we have very similar stats, and you did Strong Curves too right?

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jan 19th, 2014 - March 28th, 2015 (I had moved into a surplus around the 2nd week of Jan 2014).

169 to 200 lbs

VnXZJFe.jpg
    U7RbHwU.jpg

This is as good as I could do in order to find two sets of similar poses.... I'm a bit washed out by the lighting in the most recent pics, so I don't look at lean, but whatever.

Most gains went to my posterior (upper back thickness, hammies, glutes, lat thickness, traps etc & my upper chest, and my quads).
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Jan 19th, 2014 - March 28th, 2015 (I had moved into a surplus around the 2nd week of Jan 2014).

169 to 200 lbs

VnXZJFe.jpg
    U7RbHwU.jpg

This is as good as I could do in order to find two sets of similar poses.... I'm a bit washed out by the lighting in the most recent pics, so I don't look at lean, but whatever.

Most gains went to my posterior (upper back thickness, hammies, glutes, lat thickness, traps etc & my upper chest, and my quads).

That's impressive! Gaining 30#'s and only having the muscle separation softened slightly is unreal!!

Now women gain muscle at what, half the speeds of men? If I set a goal to gain 10-12 lbs in a year as a fairly new lifter (~18months experience) it could be possible to have these type of lean bulk gains right?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    FS @LolBroScience you got huge!! (With hardly any fat gain!) Nicely done, Sir.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

169 to 200 lbs

VnXZJFe.jpg
    U7RbHwU.jpg

That's impressive! Gaining 30#'s and only having the muscle separation softened slightly is unreal!!

Now women gain muscle at what, half the speeds of men? If I set a goal to gain 10-12 lbs in a year as a fairly new lifter (~18months experience) it could be possible to have these type of lean bulk gains right?

Yea, with training and diet being on point... probably!
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    FS @LolBroScience you got huge!! (With hardly any fat gain!) Nicely done, Sir.

Thank you