SLIM FOR SUMMER - AND BEYOND!!!! :o)

Options
Hi Everyone!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I have been struggling with the same 7lbs for some time, I lose and regain this 7lbs and I feel it's really time to clamp down on the treats and get some serious progress under way. I know I have to be good for about 2 months to get there, and then I have to continue to be good to STAY there!!!

I find I can get the weight off for a short while then I relax and the weight creeps back on, I need to break this pattern and I was thinking there must be a lot of us who find this happens.

I REALLY WANT TO BE SLIM FOR SUMMER!!!!!
And then I want to stay at my ideal weight for good, I really want to break my bad habits and realise my goal.
I need to get serious about this and leave the cookie jar alone!!!

I was hoping to start a support group for like minded MFP members, somewhere where we can support and encourage others and hopefully keep each other on track in moments of weakness.
I also was hoping to be able to offer support and help to others with their diary's and food choices.
I can also offer tips on keeping weight off, and share my diet history and knowledge with you all, the most annoying thing for me is I know what I need to do, I just relax and mess it up!! Maybe we can hold each other accountable and get where we want to be????

It would be lovely to share healthy recipes and exercise tips too, I'm sure we can all learn a lot from each other.

This group is for anyone who wants to be slim for summer - and beyond, it's also for anyone who really wants to work hard and stay focused over the next few months, it's for anyone who wants to resist temptation, break bad habits and see some great results soon, maybe you have a wedding to go to or will be a bride? Maybe it'll be your birthday soon or have a holiday planned? Maybe it's a time limit that you have set yourself or have just reached a place where you need to be a bit more disciplined and are fed up of not getting the results you know you can.

This group is open to all that will benefit from it!!! Say hello and let's get cracking!!!!!
We can start today :happy:

I will be starting a new food plan this week, hopefully this will help me maintain my weight loss this week and maybe see some more pounds drop off soon.

I can't wait to see you all here :bigsmile:

Mel :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i would like to join i have 5lb that likes to tease me once i lose it somehow it reappears x
  • skos1172
    skos1172 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just say NO to the biscuits!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you started this Post. Hopefully we can all help each other, create new positive habits, and get our summer bodies for all to see.

Speaking of habits, I once read that it takes three weeks to form one. Whether good or bad. So, try hard to stick with new good habits for three short little weeks, and maybe then those new habits will enable you to skip the biscuits and do healthy snacks like a fresh summer salad, or some great fruits.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i would like to join i have 5lb that likes to tease me once i lose it somehow it reappears x

Welcome aboard!!!

Sounds exactly like my 7lbs!!!! lol :laugh:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Just say NO to the biscuits!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you started this Post. Hopefully we can all help each other, create new positive habits, and get our summer bodies for all to see.

Speaking of habits, I once read that it takes three weeks to form one. Whether good or bad. So, try hard to stick with new good habits for three short little weeks, and maybe then those new habits will enable you to skip the biscuits and do healthy snacks like a fresh summer salad, or some great fruits.

Awww Steven you know me soooo well!!!!!

Thanks for joining, I am sure we can do this, and three weeks sound pretty doable!!!
    So what are you goals here?
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Options
    I would love to join you guys. I need to be held accountable to someone for my daily intake. I have just started this site yesterday. I have a little more weight to lose than you do :) I have also had foot surgery last week and can't really do any cardio for a bit. I have been able to get some ab work in. I also plan on starting to do some strength exercises with my arms until I can get back into the gym. I have problems with my weight. I really have to work to keep it off. I used to run quite a bit and can't wait to start back again. I would LOVE to eventually run a marathon with my Dad!!
    So, let's get started!!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm there! Er, here! LOL~:flowerforyou:
  • jklapatch
    jklapatch Posts: 29
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this as well. My biggest thing is someone keeping me accountable. There are plenty of days that I get off track and I think it's just gotten to the point where it's no big deal to me since I've largely been off track for the last decade...
  • svarble
    Options
    So is any one on a specific type of diet? What are your eating habits? I'd like to get input!!!
  • svarble
    Options
    I totally understand! I just joined this website yesterday and knowing that I have to put my daily intake for everyone to see helps!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am in maintance but I am still working on sculpting my body. I am working on healthy ways to eat more protein. My goal is 150g plus of protein a day and less than 150gs of healthy carbs. I am avaible to help anyone who needs help. :-)
  • BrittneyFitBodySowells
    Options
    I am there! I would like to shed 5lbs myself.. While keep my muscle mass :)
  • melgibson
    Options
    I would love to join you guys. I need to be held accountable to someone for my daily intake. I have just started this site yesterday. I have a little more weight to lose than you do :) I have also had foot surgery last week and can't really do any cardio for a bit. I have been able to get some ab work in. I also plan on starting to do some strength exercises with my arms until I can get back into the gym. I have problems with my weight. I really have to work to keep it off. I used to run quite a bit and can't wait to start back again. I would LOVE to eventually run a marathon with my Dad!!
    So, let's get started!!!

Welcome :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

The amount we need to lose doens't matter as long as we all can support each other and have similar goals!!!
    Great to see you planning on getting some exercise in while your still not full recovered from the foot surgery, hope it's not too painful.

We can certainly encourage each other with the running, I did C25K plan last year and loved it, but have slacked off a bit recently, maybe our summer should be about running!!!!

Mel :flowerforyou:
  • jklapatch
    jklapatch Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree that it helps knowing that others will see what you eat! I was at the gym last night and a commercial for KFC came on and all I thought was, dear god, that would probably max out my calorie/fat limits for a week!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm there! Er, here! LOL~:flowerforyou:

Hi Clew :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great to have you on board :bigsmile:

What are your goals? Where do you want to be for summer?
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this as well. My biggest thing is someone keeping me accountable. There are plenty of days that I get off track and I think it's just gotten to the point where it's no big deal to me since I've largely been off track for the last decade...

I think you have come to the right place :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great to have you here!!!

So what are your goals? Where do you want to get to?
  • svarble
    Options
    I agree that it helps knowing that others will see what you eat! I was at the gym last night and a commercial for KFC came on and all I thought was, dear god, that would probably max out my calorie/fat limits for a week!

LOL!!! I so know the feeling. I have an advantage being in Germany, not as many fast food choices, lol!!! But, my husband got a pizza and bread sticks for dinner last night :( I so wanted a piece of that pizza!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Count me in! Mel has been a great supporter to me and I desperately want to lose some off my middle. I have been doing bootcamp 5x a week for the past 8 weeks and have not seen a whole lot of change in my body. This week ( started on Sunday) I decided to give clean eating my main focus. I have been looking at Tosca Reno's 28 day plan from her 'Stripped' book and I'm trying to stay as close to this as possible. It's tough, but I really want to stick with it!

thanks for the group Mel!
  • melgibson
    Options
    So is any one on a specific type of diet? What are your eating habits? I'd like to get input!!!

Well... I usually eat pretty healthy stuff, I cook most meals from scratch and always read the labels of everything before I buy.
    I don't eat any bad sweeteners or artificial rubbish, I also avoid all items with MSG in.

I have recently started on a new self written food plan, eating items which encourage fat burning.
    The list is not very long and it excludes pretty much all processed foods, it only allows a few good carbs which I have selected for their weight loss properties.
    I will be following this food plan from Friday onwards to see how it works, I can share this with people if it is successful but it needs testing out fully first to see how it works.
    I have been using it for a month but not very religiously, I need to knuckle down and stick to it properly to see how well it works, but in the last month I have pretty much maintained my weight perfectly even with a good few treats and bad choices, a few dinners out and naughty ideas.
    Usually this would have me gaining loads of weight but I think the fat burning foods have helped me keep the weight off during the good days. I shall keep you all posted on how I do with this and share the information with you if it's working!!!

So what are your habits like?
    Do you have goals that you need to reach with food?

My biggest weakness is biscuits!!! If I could give these up without replacing them for something else bad then I'd have been at my goal ages ago!!
    This will be a goal for me over the next few months - NO BISCUITS OR COOKIES!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I am in maintance but I am still working on sculpting my body. I am working on healthy ways to eat more protein. My goal is 150g plus of protein a day and less than 150gs of healthy carbs. I am avaible to help anyone who needs help. :-)

Hi Ed!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thank you so much for joining our group!!! :flowerforyou:

Ed is an absolute MFP LEGEND!!!! He reached his weight loss goal months ago and has passed it, then stayed within maintenance for ages now, he never fails to amaze me with his commitment to his kids and all those around him.
    He is so encouraging and supportive we are lucky to have him here to help us!!!

Ed knows how to get the most from his food and how to build healthy meals that great for men and women, these work great for fat burning and also keeping us full for longer!!
    He will be able to advise us all really well on eating tips and exercise too!!!

Thank you for your constant support Ed :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I am there! I would like to shed 5lbs myself.. While keep my muscle mass :)

Hi!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great to have you with us :flowerforyou:

I am looking to do this too, I have some stubborn areas to work on but I need to make sure I feed my muscles too.
    I will be increasing protein where I can and cutting out bad carbs -especially biscuits!!! :wink:

I also need to get back into running, I know this will help me a lot...

I can't wait to get started!!!