Hummus :(

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
It seems like most everyone enjoys hummus but I just hate the stuff. I want to enjoy it. Its healthy, comes in great flavors, all my family and friends like it, but the texture ruins it for me. I have bought it on 5 separate occasions hoping I will like it but I just end up giving it away to my roommate/ brother. I am one of the least picky eaters around....except for that damn hummus.

What "healthy" foods do you wish you enjoyed, but just cant seem to make yourself like them?

Replies

• MamaMonkey
    MamaMonkey Posts: 22
    Options
    Bananas. I hate them, hate hate hate them. But man, they are a wonderful food
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It seems like most everyone enjoys hummus but I just hate the stuff. I want to enjoy it. Its healthy, comes in great flavors, all my family and friends like it, but the texture ruins it for me. I have bought it on 5 separate occasions hoping I will like it but I just end up giving it away to my roommate/ brother. I am one of the least picky eaters around....except for that damn hummus.

What "healthy" foods do you wish you enjoyed, but just cant seem to make yourself like them?
    Is hummus really that good for you? I always wondered that... it tastes too good to feel like its healthy :D
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    For me, it's yogurt. I don't mind yogurt if there's something crunchy in it like granola, or even fruit chunks, but if I try to just eat a plain bowl of yogurt the texture/consistency just doesn't work for me.

I do love hummus though! Homemade is the best :)
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I don't like hummus at all. I think I've only had one variation of it that I could tolerate but otherwise I despise it.
  • greyhoundluv
    Options
    Salmon. I hate salmon, but I so wish I could like it, I know it is so healthy!! But it tastes way to strong and fishy to me.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Oatmeal! I think it smells good, I just can't make myself swallow it. I have tried many many times to make myself eat it! I just can't get over the stupid texture!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Oranges and orange juice. I have hated them forever. I can't stand the taste, texture, anything. I gag just thinking about them!
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    I don't like hummus as a dip (like with veggies) or in large amounts, but I love it has a spread on sandwiches and wraps. It adds that extra flavor and moisture that mayo would add, with additional protein and nutrients :)
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i hate cooked yellow and zuccini squash. i eat it if i have to but when it is boiled or steamed it is just so slimy. i can tolorate it in lasagna if it is chopped up small or fried if i make it.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    raw vegetables....yucky...i love them cooked though
  • YvetteBabich
    Options
    Apples. Blegh
  • drobb821
    drobb821 Posts: 9
    Options
    Vegetables in general. There are very few vegetables that I will eat. I wish I could because they are good for you, but hopefully my fruit intake and vitamins can supplement the lack of veggies.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    For me its raisins. I think they would be a great snack to take to wherever. Buy them in those cute littlel boxes and your ready to go.... but GAG!!!! Although i do like grapes. LOL Love Hummus!!!!!
  • ambercarley
    ambercarley Posts: 11
    Options
    Apples. I LOVE the flavor, but for some reason I can't bring myself to eat one.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hummus is made from chick peas and olive oil to things that are great for you high in proteim and a good source of healthy fat
  • shortcake05
    shortcake05 Posts: 31
    Options
    I LOVE hummus! I can understand why some people wouldn't like it though.

Actually, this post got me thinking, there are very few "healthy" foods that I dislike... I can't stand mushrooms and olives! Other than that, I enjoy pretty much anything. I'm getting tired of Zucchini; I'd rather not eat it anymore for the rest of my life. I think it tastes ok though. I even love broccoli so much I could eat it raw. I always considered myself to be somewhat fortunate that I just happen to truly enjoy healthy food...... I also enjoy unhealthy food though. Sometimes that becomes a problem ;-)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...I love the smell of it, the variety of ways you can dress it up, and the rare occasions I have eaten it the taste is fine. But I can NOT get past the texture...like warm snot. *shudder* I just can't do it.
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't like most fish.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    any fish or seafood. unless it is drowning in tarter sauce or shrimp sauce so that I taste nothing else but the sauce....not so healthy at this point :laugh:
  • pursequeen14
    Options
    If you don't like salmon, maybe try tilapia. It does not have that fishy taste or smell to it. :)