What alcoholic drink can't you stand?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    MD 20/20 oh god to be just 21 and have an alcoholic roommate. one time and one time only did that vile substance enter my body. Also passover wine, massive headache and hangover the next day.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Rum! YUCK! I also hate that peppermint crap..rumplemintz or however it's spelled. The smell makes me want to vomit!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of almost all alcohol. I endure it when I feel like getting buzzed though
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    at the risk of hijacking this thread:..
    What's with bartenders putting whiskey drinks in martini glasses?
    Nowhere is it acceptable to place a man's drink in something Carrie and Samantha would plant an umbrella in
    Strong_whiskey_glass_grande.jpg?v=1410396967

Sidecars, Old fashioned, Whiskey & Rye, Manhattan, etc, all belon in TUMBLERS, a chalice t hat requires you grip in a firm manly fashion, not hold, daintily between thumb and pointer finger.
    martini_glasses.jpg

Okay, I think I've stood on this soapbox long enough now (and besides, I need a drink)
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    Only one thing that makes me sick. Tastes of chemicals. Only thing that ever gave me a hangover too.

Apparently it's known as "The Wife Beater"

Stella Artois
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    All of them. Never understood the appeal of alcohol. I tried quite a few drinks in my younger days, and they all tasted horrible. I only choked them down when I was drinking around friends. Usually just sipped them, lol.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Vodka sucks. But I'm a Jack Daniel's girl, anyway (actually, I'm a Tennessee Squire)!
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort.
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Creme de Menthe. Got sicker than a dog at 16 after hitting mom's liquor cabinet. I can't even eat any chocolate candy that has mint. I gag!
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Anything creamy or thick...Kahlua and the like. Ew. I can sort of tolerate gin, but not without thinking, "I'm drinking a Christmas tree," the entire time (and then eventually verbalizing this wisdom and finding myself hilarious).

Had a bad date with tequila in high school but am starting to consider giving it another chance.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Gin, just on taste. Vodka because I'm actually allergic. 1 shot makes me feel like the next day hangover of a whole bottle binge. Dizzy and head-splitting, almost within 60 minutes of drinking it.
  • baskeyfielddreamer
    baskeyfielddreamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tequila. Ate a worm in college...never forgot that smell/taste!!

• g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    Tequila. Ate a worm in college...never forgot that smell/taste!!

ha ha tequila tricks a lot of girls into eating the worm :)