What do you all do with sweet potatoes?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lmhallas
    lmhallas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Potato au gratin. Slice thin sweet potatoes and regular potatoes and build layers in a small casserole dish with a little olive oil or butter with some cheese in between the layers. Bake in the oven. Till golden
  • rachelburnsfit
    rachelburnsfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to cube them and put honey and cinnamon on the sweet potatoes and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. It's delicious!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My favorite ways are
    • oven fries with olive oil, sea salt and a little cayenne pepper
    • thai curry with sweet potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions and lite coconut milk - serve with a little rice or quinoa
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Mostly just bake, but might do fries. Butternut squash also makes a lovely "fry."
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,765 Member
    Options
    Start with canned sweet potatoes, but I guess you could boil a raw one until it's soft to reach the same starting point. Combine with 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cp melted butter, blend until smooth. Put into skillet on low heat, cover top with miniature marshmallows, allow simmer until marshmallows start to melt, then mix together and continue to heat another 5 minutes or so.
  • lisahenneberry83
    lisahenneberry83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If your trying to lose body fat, eating slow digesting carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice etc is the wrong way to go...I am on an ultra low carb plan that allows me to have one full carb night a week to eat whatever I want. All 6 other days I'm ultra low carb and have lost body fat and it's still coming off! I work out lifting weights 4 days a week.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Granddaughter approved, roasted with maple syrup and olive oil. I freely exchange recipes that call for butternut squash with those for yams or sweet potatoes.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845704990/
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also like to cube sweet potatoes to be approx the same size as halved Brussel sprouts, roast them both together on a rimmed sheet pan with olive oil,salt, and pepper at 450• for about 20 min or until tender. Feat with roasted chicken or turkey.
  • jnewton909
    jnewton909 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to make Sweet potato fries a lot....super easy and delicious,
    How do u make them
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    I put it in my curry. Onion & curry paste, fry off. Add chicken thigh, sweet potato, beans, peas and vegetable stock so its just covering. Simmer for 15-20 mins until it reduces and the potato is cooked. Best curry ever!
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Cut them into wedges and spray with 1cal oil spray then bake in oven. Delicious!!!!!!!
  • claris917
    claris917 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I cut them like fries then season em with paprika and pepper. Spray some olive oil and bake em. Best fries everrr. :3

I also boil them and mash them for a healthier mashed sweet potato.