Personalized License Plates

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
When I lived in Michigan, NO one had these. I didn't even know they were available. When I moved to VA, all of a sudden everyone had them! So cool!

One of my neighbors has a Kid's First license plate. Their plate reads "EAT THE" with Kid's First underneath it...the worst part is the red handprints to the left side! So wrong! But I do find it funny at the same time.

So since I renewed my registration today, I went ahead and ordered new plates. Mine will read "WANA PHD". :bigsmile: When I'm done with grad school, I hope GOTA PHD is available!

Do any of you have personalized ones or special plates like for your college?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Options
    When I lived in Michigan, NO one had these. I didn't even know they were available. When I moved to VA, all of a sudden everyone had them! So cool!

One of my neighbors has a Kid's First license plate. Their plate reads "EAT THE" with Kid's First underneath it...the worst part is the red handprints to the left side! So wrong! But I do find it funny at the same time.

So since I renewed my registration today, I went ahead and ordered new plates. Mine will read "WANA PHD". :bigsmile: When I'm done with grad school, I hope GOTA PHD is available!

Do any of you have personalized ones or special plates like for your college?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I wanted a personalized license plate years ago, but realized that with the way I drive, a personalized tag would only make it easier for another irate driver to track me down after the fact!! :laugh:

PS- I'm a very unusually sane driver now that I have my baby girl in the car with me.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    my husband picked mine, DA1ISLV (da one's I love)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    LOL Lauryn :laugh:

doplhin, that is really sweet!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I find your neighbors license plate hysterical. Made me LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really like you ideas as well - I hope GOTA PHD is still available. Good luck with Grad School - a very worthy pursuit. What are you going for?

I have a "Keep Kids Safe" plate from CT - which is why I shouldn't find the kid's first plate so funny - but I do...:tongue::tongue:

janiebeth
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I find your neighbors license plate hysterical. Made me LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really like you ideas as well - I hope GOTA PHD is still available. Good luck with Grad School - a very worthy pursuit. What are you going for?

I have a "Keep Kids Safe" plate from CT - which is why I shouldn't find the kid's first plate so funny - but I do...:tongue::tongue:

janiebeth

I know, it was so well planned with the red paint and all LOL!
    I am going for Physiology. I want to be a physiology professor. :happy:
    I am getting teaching-related tattoos as well...I want to get either the African or Celtic symbols for knowledge and a shiny red apple because I have always associated that with teaching.
  • pgautier
    Options
    I used to have a Trans Am with the following license plate: "PPX10DR". It is a tad rude but I thought it hilarious. Kudos to the first one to figure it out.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I used to have a Trans Am with the following license plate: "PPX10DR". It is a tad rude but I thought it hilarious. Kudos to the first one to figure it out.

LOL I got it!!!! :laugh: Took a couple minutes though!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I also live in VA, and yes, both of my vehicles have personalized plates, and yes both are NASCAR related with our favorite driver....
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wanted a personalized license plate years ago, but realized that with the way I drive, a personalized tag would only make it easier for another irate driver to track me down after the fact!! :laugh:

PS- I'm a very unusually sane driver now that I have my baby girl in the car with me.

LOL So true! But in my case, it can be good OR bad. My husband is military police and has worked as a civilian officer on the side. My licence says 'A UNIT', which also means 'significant other' for either a military member or a cop. He's gotten a few phone calls or mentions in conversation that "boy, your wife has a lead foot!". Then of course he 'councils' me on speeding, but knows with all of his police officer friends the chances are slim I'll get a ticket. I got pulled over once for an inspection sticker and one of his buddies called and said "what's your wife doing right now" My husband said, "heading home from work" and he responded "well she will be after she gets done talking to the officer who pulled her over". Yah, a 4 month outdated inspection sticker and the officer let me go.

Probably not too fair, but I'm not going to complain!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

My sick mind got that in half a second....:laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    When we bought my husbands car I wanted to get him a personalized plate but he told me no. I still think it would be cool. I was going to get him g2ddg his name is gregg and his friend at work gave him that nickname. :laugh:
    I would like a personlize plate but I don't know what I would get right now while my kids are fighting i can think of a couple :bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    Options

Geez!! I'm still working on it.. I feel like such a loser..:sad: :sad:

Still thinking.. janiebeth
  • janiebeth
    Options

I am getting teaching-related tattoos as well...I want to get either the African or Celtic symbols for knowledge and a shiny red apple because I have always associated that with teaching.

Physiology is awesome - go for it.. :drinker: :drinker:

I have a masters in molecular biology, but did not want to finish to PhD - needed the cash to feed my horse addiction.. :blushing: :blushing:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Think about "natural male enhancement".
  • janiebeth
    Options

OK, hold the phone - DH got it.. figures....:noway: :noway:

Funny though.. janiebeth
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Physiology is awesome - go for it.. :drinker: :drinker:

I have a masters in molecular biology, but did not want to finish to PhD - needed the cash to feed my horse addiction.. :blushing: :blushing:

Cool, molecular bio is awesome! But I can totally understand not needing the PhD. I don't think there's much point in getting a PhD unless you want to teach or do a lot of research. It is SO much work. I could still teach with a master's, but could never become a full professor, and I do like to eat and not live in a box so remaining as an instructor for the rest of my life wouldn't work well :laugh:
    I wish I could ride. I did get to go on a trail ride this summer when I worked with the Boy Scouts, but the horse's breast strap had a pointy snag that apparently cut him badly, so before I knew it his head was down and I was rapidly dismounting! Luckily I didn't get rolled on and he wasn't seriously injured either. I don't think anything could deter me from wanting to take lessons though haha :smile: Of course I live in the countryside where EVERYONE has a horse except meeeee :cry: So I plan on doing some important research and becoming famous and buying one. :bigsmile: I actually looooove draft horses but I'd need a ladder to get up there. :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

My sick mind got that in half a second....:laugh:

I had to start backwards.... going from 'tender' to the full message was extra funny :laugh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    pgautier wrote: »

That is amazing
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    I had one in VA and now one in CA.

9ERBUFF

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png