Replies

• archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mine is to reach C25K Week 5 and not die
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a few old dresses that I can't quite zip up, or can but they don't sit right on me. I'd love to be able to wear them again and like the way I look in them.
  • Jenninscotland
    Jenninscotland Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some really inspirational NSVs here :)
    @archanajoyce - LOL @ reaching C25K week 5 and not dying! Are you doing it inside or outside? I am thinking of trying it but not sure whether to start on the treadmill or to go outside.
    @kimberlyhurt - best wishes for your upcoming wedding :) that's a really good NSV.
    @Icck - me too. I have several party dresses that barely zip up or not at all :( good luck with it :)
    @SallyinIL - me too. The older I get, the more difficult it seems. I think I will have to track for the rest of my life as I just cannot be trusted to not overeat (even relatively healthy items). I just LOVE eating!
    @Vixenmd1 - nice gown :) good luck :)
    @runeatrunlive - I can cross mine - just not like my Mom who when she crosses, the leg that crosses over actually touches the floor. I am nowhere near that! Good luck :)
    @joleneee421 - good NSV! I just hope to look ok(ish) in my one piece when we go to Positano in June. Luckily it is a town filled with numerous steps - so hopefully I will walk off all the pizza, pasta and wine ;)
    @Timby1 - good luck! Lots of great activities there.
    @anaoliver63 - good luck :)
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    I will become a member of the 1000 lb club this year.

@chokeslam512 that was one of mine as well and I made it last year. Now I've dropped weight and hoping to still be in the 1000# club at 175-180. I was about 192 when I did it in December.

@McCloud33 - I am currently at a 925 total at 179 BW. I figure if I can get to 1K without going over 185, that will be a huge milestone. That goal keeps my training focus. Good luck on your progress!

• shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For me right now it's to drop at least one size. I've been on diets in the past that never lasted long. I think I always became discouraged seeing no results. So now that I've stuck on MFP for almost 6 weeks and dropped 12 lbs (highest weight I've ever lost)...I think going down a size would be the most rewarding experience. Definitely motivated to reach that first NSV goal!!!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

@chokeslam512 that was one of mine as well and I made it last year. Now I've dropped weight and hoping to still be in the 1000# club at 175-180. I was about 192 when I did it in December.

@McCloud33 - I am currently at a 925 total at 179 BW. I figure if I can get to 1K without going over 185, that will be a huge milestone. That goal keeps my training focus. Good luck on your progress!

@chokeslam512 I was at 985 after my first round of stronglifts at a BW of 185. When I finally broke it at 192 it was 1055lbs. Good luck!
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options

-First goal is to fit into a pair of jeans that were big on me 2 years ago. They won't even go past my thighs now. I'm not even going to weigh myself until they fit comfortably.

- To wear shorts. I could wear them now, sure. There's no law that says someone that's fat can't wear them. But I know I wouldn't be comfortable. Back at my lowest weight in the past 5 year (about 80kg) I wasn't comfortable wearing them let alone now (Around 122kg when I started ugh not sure what I am now. Probably around 115-ish I think)

- To go visit my hometown for the first time in 3 years (which would be like the world's most unpleasant high school reunion if I went now) and to look fecking fantastic.

- To be able to run. I was skinny back in high school but I've never been fit. I'm also a smoker which makes physical activity even harder. Now I'm fat it just seems impossible the idea of running. But that's going to change. I'm fitter now then I was back at 80kg and slowly but surely I'm going to build up to running. The first km I run will be a bloody momentous achievement.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

@chokeslam512 I was at 985 after my first round of stronglifts at a BW of 185. When I finally broke it at 192 it was 1055lbs. Good luck!

Dang @McCloud33 - Mirin' big time. I couldn't break 2 plates on squat on SL. I switched to a push/pull 4 day split for a while then started Jonnie Candito's periodized program and am starting my third round this afternoon.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    1) To be able to wear any dress I want to my son's wedding.
    2) To be the "fun" Grandma that will run and play and keep up.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

Dang @McCloud33 - Mirin' big time. I couldn't break 2 plates on squat on SL. I switched to a push/pull 4 day split for a while then started Jonnie Candito's periodized program and am starting my third round this afternoon.

@chokeslam512 luckily I have a pretty strong lower body (I'll give 20+ years of soccer credit for that), so my squat and deadlift were both up at 405#. My upper body on the other hand was comparatively weak at 245#. I just really want to be able to do 225 for reps on the bench while keeping the BW around 175lbs.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Originally it was to be able to do a full pullup, but I tried the other day and I can almost already do one, so I think I'm going to hit that goal well before I get to a weight I'm satisfied with. So, I think I will be adjusting it to 10 consecutive pullups. That will take a while. :)
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thrifted some cute size 12 skinny's in feb 2015 couldn't get them up past my knee cap but I kept them and yesterday I was able to get them all the way on and buttoned up!
  • fitcrab77
    fitcrab77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mine is to fit my 24 size jeans and being comfortable. I was a size 28 and now a size 26. Slowly but surely.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to get any boot I wanted zipped up my calf. I would like to be a single digit size, and be around a size 6. I would like to be able to carry my children as they grow to bed with no problems (ok so my boys are both 70lbs and I can do it, but they are just gonna get bigger). I would like to not FEEL like a chunky monkey, even though I have made great progress and just today put on a pair of jeans that are 7/8's (though are a bit tight) that I could not wear at all before.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    To make other women feel homocidal, and then inevitably defeat them in battle and bathe in mixture of milk and their blood as a treat.

I'm just kidding. To make Lee Pace fall in love with me.
    (notice me, senpai)
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Some really inspirational NSVs here :)
    @archanajoyce - LOL @ reaching C25K week 5 and not dying! Are you doing it inside or outside? I am thinking of trying it but not sure whether to start on the treadmill or to go outside.
    @kimberlyhurt - best wishes for your upcoming wedding :) that's a really good NSV.
    @Icck - me too. I have several party dresses that barely zip up or not at all :( good luck with it :)
    @SallyinIL - me too. The older I get, the more difficult it seems. I think I will have to track for the rest of my life as I just cannot be trusted to not overeat (even relatively healthy items). I just LOVE eating!
    @Vixenmd1 - nice gown :) good luck :)
    @runeatrunlive - I can cross mine - just not like my Mom who when she crosses, the leg that crosses over actually touches the floor. I am nowhere near that! Good luck :)
    @joleneee421 - good NSV! I just hope to look ok(ish) in my one piece when we go to Positano in June. Luckily it is a town filled with numerous steps - so hopefully I will walk off all the pizza, pasta and wine ;)
    @Timby1 - good luck! Lots of great activities there.
    @anaoliver63 - good luck :)

@Jenninscotland - [Waving arms over head] Still alive here! ha ha ha! I wish 'dying' would apply to the fat :)
    Completed C25k Week 4 yesterday. Dreading Week 5.
    I started off on a rubberized walking track. When sandstorms hit or if it is too hot - the treadmill it is.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I want for my fiance (soon to be husband - 41 days!!!) to be able to pick me up. We weigh just about the same right now and we're both nearly 6ft tall.... so that's not happening any time soon.

Wow! I'm in the same situation! Getting married in early July, fiancée and I are both 6-1. I'd love to be picked up, too!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    To not have to ask for a seat belt extender on a plane. I haven't flown since I started losing weight, so who knows, I might already have achieved it!!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    Options
    To climb Ben Lomond, which MAY be happening at the end of the month! *crosses fingers* :#
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Mine is to break 1:30 in the sprint triathlon that I do each year. Unfortunately I can't participate in it this year due to a wedding.
    The ever elusive pull up is my other. Just one unassisted pull up. If I would lose more weight maybe I could get there easier.

I am always looking for new ones to add, the NSV seem to keep me more motivated that the stupid scale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!