UGH! why?!

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I was typing back but the questions all came very quickly.

You just did it again lol

Heh no harm meant, just answer the earlier questions when you get a chance :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's the internet, hon. It doesn't work like that.

Now for people to actually be able to be helpful, how about some extra detail, as has been asked?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have been working out (ei lifting some weight but mostly cardio ever single day) I eat pretty much nothing bur salads for lunch and dinner and in the AM I eat some protein and throughout the day a little bit of complex carbs.

Still my scale is saying that I am gaining weight. Wtffffff.... I don't understand what I am doing wrong?!?!?!!?!?!?!

It's not what you eat it's how much you eat.

If you are exercising every single day you need to take a rest day...at least one a week.

You need protein.

You are probably retaining water from the new exercise which can take up to 4 weeks to subside.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be helpful please get off of my post... now.
    That isn't how the internet works. And I think everyone is being pretty helpful.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Why don't you start by answering the questions in order so that we can be helpful?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

This is a public forum, so you can't really kick people off posts. Even though people here make jokes, they are passionate about weight loss. If you don't take things too personally, you will probably get some awesome advice.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

wow hangry perhaps?
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options

We are all trying to be helpful, but it's impossible if you refuse to answer our questions.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    FYI, OP: if you are the one flagging posts, be aware that flagging posts that are not actually abuse is sometimes considered abusive by the mods.

If it isn't you, disregard.
  • LeslieMJCClark
    LeslieMJCClark Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you Stef that was actually helpful.

Also all my salads are home made, and yes, weighed out along with my other food that I consume. I use 1/2 a serving of dressing or less.

Also I have been working out for about 2 months but I just recently started going 6-7 days a week sometimes twice a day and also added some weight training to what I do at the gym.

And this is supposed to be a place for advice. Not for people to point out how I didn't respond to their question quickly enough for them.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

This is a public forum, so you can't really kick people off posts. Even though people here make jokes, they are passionate about weight loss. If you don't take things too personally, you will probably get some awesome advice.

Trouble is, people don't always want awesome advice.pwzo0k9o3457.jpg
  • LeslieMJCClark
    Options
    I lost 20lbs before I started using this app then hit a plateau so I decided to try this out.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I lost 20lbs before I started using this app then hit a plateau so I decided to try this out.

How many calories are you eating a day? Are you using a scale for all solid food?
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Thank you Stef that was actually helpful.

Also all my salads are home made, and yes, weighed out along with my other food that I consume. I use 1/2 a serving of dressing or less.

Also I have been working out for about 2 months but I just recently started going 6-7 days a week sometimes twice a day and also added some weight training to what I do at the gym.

And this is supposed to be a place for advice. Not for people to point out how I didn't respond to their question quickly enough for them.

If you recently added weight lifting that's the issue. Weight training makes you retain water/glycogen in the muscles for repair. Up to 4 weeks for it to subside after you start.

Give yourself a rest day would be a good start and weight after that rest day.

You don't have to eat salads...if you look at my diary you see I eat all the foods I just stay in goal. If you are lifting make sure you get in enough protein for muscle repair.

Hydrate and be patient.

Buy a food scale if you choose to go the root of eating all the food but staying in a deficit, it helps with logging accuracy.

• LeslieMJCClark
    Options
    What are you having in those salads?

Spinach, peppers, cucumbers?, carrots? Depends on what I buy in a week as far as veggies go. I do use dressing but again, a little amount.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What are you having in those salads?

Spinach, peppers, cucumbers?, carrots? Depends on what I buy in a week as far as veggies go. I do use dressing but again, a little amount.
    Any protein? Chicken, steak, tuna, beans?

• annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Well done on the loss so far! Thats great work!
    How many calories are you eating daily? Are you weighing all solid foods and liquids with a digital scale as spoons and cups are not accurate for measurments!
    How much more weight do you want to lose?
  • cnlnyc
    cnlnyc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it hormonal? I gain 3 lbs every month for a few days, then it goes away.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The only questions you really need to answer is

What is your height
    Current Weight
    Activity Level (excluding exercise)
    What goal weight loss have you set
    What is your calorie goal per day?
    Are you weighing all food on a digital scale and logging it accurately
    Set your diary to public
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    OP you have avoided EVERY question regarding whether you weigh out your food, count your calories etc.

Unless you tell us your goals, accuracy of logging and open your diary you will not get one helpful bit of advice as no-one knows what you are doing wrong. Usually people don't lose because of a mix of inaccuracy of logging, under estimating calories and over estimating calories burned during the day.