How much weight did you gain over winter?

Options
124»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I gained 10lbs.. deliberately. (I was bulking)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Since last September gained 10 and lost 5 with an intentional bulk and cut.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I gained about 15. I'm down 5 so far and need to lose another 15-20
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    As of this morning, I'm down 36.4 pounds, but part of that is due to having the flu. I haven't logged 4.4 pounds of that yet. I'll see where my weight stabilizes once I'm eating regularly again.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I stayed the same average weight for the last six month as planned since I had lost the first half of my 75 pound weight loss goal. The research indicates if one can lose some weight AND then maintain that weight loss for six months before losing more weight it helps prevent the typical 100%+ regain over the next five years.

Losing weight is the easy part. Keeping it off is where I have failed over the past 40 years. I must do it right this time at my age and changing my eating lifestyle is helping in my case.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I gained about 10 pounds, but since I started logging on MFP and exercising regularly I've lost it all. Yaaaaaay! Now I'm on to losing however much it takes to go down one size (I am not really focused on pounds, more size).
  • shannonstube
    shannonstube Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 since Thanksgiving. Aside from the holidays, I find it easier to lose or at least maintain in winter because there is nothing going on. Summer is full of social events, cookouts, parties, baseball games, weekend trips.
  • rebecca4277
    rebecca4277 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 lbs but was 20 lbs over my targeted weight to begin with. I have a lot of work to do!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    +8.
    Already lost 2.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    None. I lost a few, though. Mostly maintained, which was my goal.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it easier to lose weight in the winter...?

Winter means:
    • More likely to hibernate and eat at home, as opposed to summer when I'm constantly out and about and eating in restaurants.
    • Winter sports ! -- skiing, snowshoeing, skating, etc.
    • Shovelling snow is a great workout.
    • Heck, even walking to work takes more effort on snow and ice than it does on dry roads.
    • Cooler weather makes me more energized and able to exercise without getting sweaty and sticky, as opposed to the hot summer weather that makes me lethargic and want to hide out in front of an air conditioner and not move.

I took off 34 pounds between October and March. In April and I gained back 3 pounds back thanks to all the social activities that are starting to happen now that it's spring. I'm gonna have to be really vigilant to stay on track and keep losing now that it's getting closer to summer.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    7 lbs bettween 10/31 - 1/1. It the past I usually gain 20 lbs