UGH! why?!

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Thank you Stef that was actually helpful.

Also all my salads are home made, and yes, weighed out along with my other food that I consume. I use 1/2 a serving of dressing or less.

Also I have been working out for about 2 months but I just recently started going 6-7 days a week sometimes twice a day and also added some weight training to what I do at the gym.

And this is supposed to be a place for advice. Not for people to point out how I didn't respond to their question quickly enough for them.

Exercise twice a day? So if you weigh your food then your diary should reflect this right? You would be able to answer the questions being asked right?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I'm staying tune for the mean people thread. Also where did OP mention weighing her food?

She said she weighed her salads, I think. I am not sure if she meant she was weighing her other food.

Except she never said what was in her salads.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @atypicalsmith , she did. The answer was vague and didn't include exact amounts, but she did.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @atypicalsmith , she did. The answer was vague and didn't include exact amounts, but she did.
    I'm thinking whatever answer she was hoping to get was unrelated to her salads so she didn't see the point in giving details. Or she wasn't really weighing anything and just said that to get us to focus on whatever it was she really wanted to hear.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I've seen people get "attacked" (for lack of a better term) in many threads but this is definitely NOT one of them. Some folks are a little too sensitive to go on public forums.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »
    I'm thinking whatever answer she was hoping to get was unrelated to her salads so she didn't see the point in giving details. Or she wasn't really weighing anything and just said that to get us to focus on whatever it was she really wanted to hear.

Most of the time it is an issue with logging food intake. I have to think that is probably the case here too. Hope OP can figure it out.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Most of the time it is an issue with logging food intake. I have to think that is probably the case here too. Hope OP can figure it out.

Well its either OP does or just keeps spinning in circles until the logging is correct.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Well its either OP does or just keeps spinning in circles until the logging is correct.

as my first post said i suspect it's the new exercise in her day...weight lifting.

She hasn't been giving herself a rest day either...

and anyone who lifts knows that for at least a couple weeks after you start lifting you do retain a lot of water/glycogen for repair...

If in fact that is the case she will see that go away in a couple weeks if not she can come back and ask again.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

as my first post said i suspect it's the new exercise in her day...weight lifting.

She hasn't been giving herself a rest day either...

and anyone who lifts knows that for at least a couple weeks after you start lifting you do retain a lot of water/glycogen for repair...

If in fact that is the case she will see that go away in a couple weeks if not she can come back and ask again.

Interesting guess. My guess is since OP was looking at exercise being a problem and nothing wrong with the diet side which is way more important than exercise for weight loss. If it wasn't that then the calorie intake questions would of been answered. We still have not got those answers needed to figure out the problem.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still on here, just make sure you are eating at a deficit and you will be fine. Weight fluctuates from things like water weight, muscle gain, etc. I would only weigh once a week or just try on some tight jeans once a week. Be patient!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    If in fact you are eating the majority of your intake in salads whatever you are eating in those salads are not translating into weight loss. Change up your foods. Maybe eat 1 salad a day and switch up to eating something else and see how that impacts your weight.

Hope this helps.

So it isn't the calories in the salad, it is the actual salad itself keeping her from losing weight?

What magical food is this? Let's use it to fight starvation if it somehow circumvents how much energy the human body requires.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    You can be as condescending as you want.
    All calories are not =
    If for example I eat high fat high sugar diet versus a diet of low fat low sugar I can not eat as many calories. So yes the amount of calories you can eat will change based on what type of foods you are eating.

This does not mean I can't lose weight eating a high fat high sugar diet it just means I can't eat as many calories doing it.

Do you mean the volume of food you eat will change based on the foods you choose?

Because you can eat an equal number of calories in both situations. You can plan to eat a certain number of calories and stop when you reach that goal. Different choices will lead to different volumes. But even if you eat a low volume of high calorie foods, you will lose weight at a deficit.

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    5545_2cb7.jpeg
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Nope, the amount of calories you can eat will change.
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

Calories in-calories out =how many calories you can eat to lose weight
    It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

What are these CI variables you talking about?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nope, the amount of calories you can eat will change.
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

Calories in-calories out =how many calories you can eat to lose weight
    It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

Are you talking about the thermic effect of food? A handful of calories at best.

How is that helping this mess of a thread when the OP was talking about eating salad in the first place?

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You can be as condescending as you want.
    All calories are not =
    If for example I eat high fat high sugar diet versus a diet of low fat low sugar I can not eat as many calories. So yes the amount of calories you can eat will change based on what type of foods you are eating.

This does not mean I can't lose weight eating a high fat high sugar diet it just means I can't eat as many calories doing it.

Also, an inch is not an inch and a degree centigrade is not a degree centigrade.

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    e31.jpg