UGH! why?!

Options

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    You can be as condescending as you want.
    All calories are not =
    If for example I eat high fat high sugar diet versus a diet of low fat low sugar I can not eat as many calories. So yes the amount of calories you can eat will change based on what type of foods you are eating.

This does not mean I can't lose weight eating a high fat high sugar diet it just means I can't eat as many calories doing it.

Also, an inch is not an inch and a degree centigrade is not a degree centigrade.

I'm pretty sure you would still eat the same number of CALORIES, you just wouldn't be able to eat as much food if you were doing the whole high-fat, high-sugar thing, surely?

All calories are equal. Pretty sure that's true. But most people choose to eat foods with less calories in so they can eat more and feel fuller, and they are usually more nutritiously beneficial.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Nope, the amount of calories you can eat will change.
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

Calories in-calories out =how many calories you can eat to lose weight
    It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

So you're saying that you can eat more calories if you eat certain foods? Which foods are these?

And are you arguing that they aren't in salads?
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    @robbackatya I'm completely with you on this one.. But I guess most people are talking about WEIGHTLOSS and not HEALTH.. Weightloss, yeah. CICO and *kitten*. Health, on the other hand, is a different story..
    Sure, I can eat Mcdo everyday for one meal and those will be my 1200 kcal for that day. But I rather have breakfast with oatmeal, a banana and raspberries and nice roasted veggies with some meat as lunch, some fruit and nuts as a snack and zuchinni pasta with fish and veggies for dinner as my 1200 kcal for one day (my diary from yesterday). But not everyone thinks like that..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you guys realize the OP won't be back right...just thought I would put that out there.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    you guys realize the OP won't be back right...just thought I would put that out there.

I think most are aware of this at this point. Now I'm just waiting to hear about these calorie in variables that I never heard of.

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be helpful please get off of my post... now.

I agree. I have some of that issue too. But I have to figure that I am still healthier than I was. I am losing inches and gaining strength but the scale is not my friend right now. I feel ya.

• SezxyStef
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I think most are aware of this at this point. Now I'm just waiting to hear about these calorie in variables that I never heard of.

Yah I am sticking around for that too...

it could revolutionize the diet industry..../sarcasm

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    1 and a half pages until OP declared everyone mean, took her salads and went home. *shrug*

2 pages until the "NOT ALL CALORIES ARE CREATED EQUAL!" argument started.

This dumpster fire is coming along quite nicely.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Nope, the amount of calories you can eat will change.
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

Calories in-calories out =how many calories you can eat to lose weight
    It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

Can you please post some scientific evidence to back up your claim.

If you cannot do this, I will have to suggest you start taking some laxatives because you're full of *kitten*.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Who are these all calories aren't equal people arguing against? I'm trying desperately to figure this out.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    hrzfab.gif

I'm only here for the popcorn...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »
    @robbackatya I'm completely with you on this one.. But I guess most people are talking about WEIGHTLOSS and not HEALTH.. Weightloss, yeah. CICO and *kitten*. Health, on the other hand, is a different story..
    Sure, I can eat Mcdo everyday for one meal and those will be my 1200 kcal for that day. But I rather have breakfast with oatmeal, a banana and raspberries and nice roasted veggies with some meat as lunch, some fruit and nuts as a snack and zuchinni pasta with fish and veggies for dinner as my 1200 kcal for one day (my diary from yesterday). But not everyone thinks like that..

But he IS talking about weight loss, not health. He is saying, I believe, that if people eat certain foods they can actually consume more calories than people who eat other foods.

Who are these people who are wanting to eat one meal instead of spreading it out throughout a day? I see lots of people talking about their intake here and I don't know of anyone who regularly eats one 1,200 calorie meal (unless it is part of an IF-style plan).
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I've seen people get "attacked" (for lack of a better term) in many threads but this is definitely NOT one of them. Some folks are a little too sensitive to go on public forums.

I dont agree with this at all. This young woman IS being attacked and its so rude.

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One of these days I'm going to make a post about how I didn't lose weight until I dropped salads from my diet (technically true, 'cause salads suck without dressing, and dressing just isn't worth the calories to me) and added two servings of ice cream every night after 10pm... XD
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread makes me think my fever has relapsed.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I've seen people get "attacked" (for lack of a better term) in many threads but this is definitely NOT one of them. Some folks are a little too sensitive to go on public forums.

I dont agree with this at all. This young woman IS being attacked and its so rude.

Could you please point out (quote) all of the posts that are attacks?

I don't see a single attack, just questions requesting more information so they appropriate advice could be given.

Saying "I can't lose weight" without any details and asking for help on how to fix the problem is like asking how to fix a computer without telling people whether you run iOS or Windows. People need more information than that.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    hrzfab.gif

I'm only here for the popcorn...

Careful.... those popcorn calories are not created as equal as an organic, non-GMO kosher salad infused with the tears of virgins and prayed over by Buddhist monks while harps play and doves fly up to the heavens.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    One of these days I'm going to make a post about how I didn't lose weight until I dropped salads from my diet (technically true, 'cause salads suck without dressing, and dressing just isn't worth the calories to me) and added two servings of ice cream every night after 10pm... XD

DQ grilled chicken salad is pretty good...all that cheesy bacony chickeny goodness with ranch...

oh and Pasta salad is yummy

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »

Umm my diet is has completely not health wise but guess what. MY blood work came back and everything has improved. Health wise I am in the best shape of my life and still eat whatever in moderation. I guess weight loss also takes care of my health?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    1 and a half pages until OP declared everyone mean, took her salads and went home. *shrug*

2 pages until the "NOT ALL CALORIES ARE CREATED EQUAL!" argument started.

This dumpster fire is coming along quite nicely.

Hand me the popcorn. Or even better, s'mores.