What do you think about when you workout?

Options

Replies

• ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i count my steps, in groups of 100, and then compare it to the fitbit ( and its pretty much bang on). feels like it makes a few thousand steps go past quicker. I might just be weird thought :-)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Sex.

xghj0hdecxkf.png
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Sex.

xghj0hdecxkf.png

giphy.gif
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I keep thinking ... soon it won't be torture anymore and then I'll have to crank it up to make it torturous again. Lol

Has. that's what I mostly think about, too!
  • hollie894
    hollie894 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When running I like to think that I'm either:

A.) Being chased by a rabid dog or something equally as terrifying such as a human sized spider
    Or
    B.) That I'm running towards something like Robert Downey Junior or a pair of Jimmy Choos and if I get there quickly I can keep them both
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yesterday while working out my wife told me that my daughter didn't turn in some homework, which made me really pissed for the entire workout. Afterwards, I grounded her for a month. Felt better. ;)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    PAtinCO wrote: »
    Yesterday while working out my wife told me that my daughter didn't turn in some homework, which made me really pissed for the entire workout. Afterwards, I grounded her for a month. Felt better. ;)

Parenting 101.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Zombies.

Also, "Only three more hills on this route...only two more hills on this route...this is the last hill, come on lift those knees baby..."
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Strength - I think about form and how much I hate strength training
    Treadmill - How much I like this song and how much I dislike walking on a treadmill
    DVDs - mostly just trying to follow and keep up
    Yard work - how hot it is, is that poison ivy!?, OMG that spider is huge!, we should plant something on this hill so I don't have to weed eat up here, ...
    Gardening - How much I like this song, how well these plants are doing, what I need to do to improve these other plants, how delicious these plants are going to taste tonight
    Hiking - How marvelous life and the world is
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    On the stationary bike I watch television shows or read to pass the time, so I don't think a whole lot about other stuff. When I am lifting, I am focusing on doing it right and counting.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Usually when doing cardio I think about how I wish someone I know would show up and get on the machine next to me so we could talk about anything, so I don't have to listen to my own thoughts...and food, always thinking about food!
    When doing pilates/yoga/piyo...how good my form is and how much longer/how many more times I have to repeat it.
    When lifting...my form and counting...and how crappy others peoples form is.
    Push ups...how I'm going to blast through this and make the person next to me look like a wimp. (Hey it's what motivates me!)
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    During a lift - form and breathing. Between sets of the same lift I usually stretch, so I'm focused on the stretch and the length of time that's passing. Between different lifts I usually take 5 minutes to recharge and my mind wonders. All sorts of thing really - whatever is playing on my mind at the time. I have that problem when I do yoga, when it comes to the relaxation/breathing part I find it really hard to not let my mind drift to analyzing and processing things going on in my world.
  • MonikaNeely
    MonikaNeely Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When lifting or resistance training I'm counting reps and pushing myself and making sure I'm doing it right.

When I'm running I think about reaching a mini goal I made, like not walking until I've done x km or until I reach that car or something. Once I'm in the swing of things I think about random rubbish and organise my thoughts and stresses then eventually I stop thinking and start enjoying and it's lush.

Then when I'm walking to cool down I talk to myself to organise my thoughts with the benefit of feeling less stressed and pretty pleased with myself.

And my stats. I'm always trying to shave time off my pace. If I manage it I et excited then think about how awesome I think I am at that moment.

Then I get home and realise I'm not Wonder Woman but I still feel pretty good.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think "feck I'm gonna die, feck I'm gonna die...Ooo look at his muscles ripple as he does pull-ups...feck I'm gonna die"

And sometimes "must stop downloading mix albums, what is this sh1t I'm listening to"

And "please don't let me giggle when PT says 'on your knees!"
  • tracistock12
    tracistock12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like running. I have to tell myself, "Don't look at the clock or the calorie counter!" My treadmill is against the wall with the clock and I tell myself that each song is about 3 minutes, so I can't look until the song is over or I have heard at least 3 songs. Then to make it fun, I think of the dancing montage in the library of the Breakfast Club. Punch-dancing, and looking ridiculous keeps it fun for me.
  • jmiller1028
    jmiller1028 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When on the treadmill, I watch netflix on my kindle. When walking my dog, i think about my day and about making sure that he doesn't run into traffic. While lifting weights, I visualize my muscles getting bigger. Sometimes I do think about baked goods when I workout though.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill and exercise bike I listen to an audiobook so most of my time is spent telling myself to focus and listen, or cheering myself on (Yeah! 0.5km! You got this! Ain't no thing! / c'mon, dig in! Only xyz to go, woo!)

In the park it's more of "damn it's cold/hot, omgosh is that a snake?! Why can't people keep their dogs on leads? Uh oh, I need to pee and I'm on the wrong side of the lake"

Strength training is imagining how I will crush all of the people stressing me at work. Someone got kicked in the shins (leg extension machine), kneed in the groin (calf raise seat thingy), sat on (squats), had their head crushed between my knees (the don't make eye contact with anyone machine), and had their archilles bruised ( lunges with kettle bells).

I had a pretty bad day. Yay for exercise making it less rage inducing!
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This lol :)
    I do videos at home right now as well, and all I can think about is "Is almost over yet?" Or "Wooo it's almost done!" :D

• librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use the Zombies, Run! app for the treadmill or running outside, and that keeps me occupied between the storyline and my music. I usually do bodyweight exercises for strength, and generally focus on my form. (With sporadic thoughts of, "Hey! Look at those shoulder/leg/etc muscles coming along!"). :)