People who do not watch their carb intake?

Options

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't watch it at all, I make sure I eat whole grains but I don't really view carbs as a bad thing I have to watch like I do fat. I count calories, watch sodium but that's about it.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't watch them either.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i have not been watching mine at all, and im already at my half way point. But i will be watching them soon, as i feel the weight loss has slowed down, that will be the next thing to change.
  • wimom27
    wimom27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have not watched my carbs at all. I am just plain eating healthier... eating less meat, more veggies, more fresh/raw foods, cut out most dairy... stay away from high fat foods, processed foods, cut out white sugar/flour, etc. I am losing a steady 1-3 lbs. a week depending on the week, of course. I have also increased my exercise.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Nope... I don't watch my carbs either... I'm ALWAYS over on my sugar too.,.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    im convinced i will shrivel up and die if i don't get my rice every other day at the least! with that said, i don't watch my carbs...other than my white rice, i try to focus on unrefined grains and flours. just make sure that what's going in is the good stuff. :) i haven't had probs losing weight while consuming carbs...
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    Thank you everyone you've put my mind at rest! And to the person who called me up on calling carb counting an 'obsession' I was merely stating that low carb diets has become a world wide obsession, with many people turning to diets like atkins to speed up weightloss, I wasn't saying you or anyone that count carbs are obsessive.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't restrict them. I allow them to roam free throughout my diet as needed.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't watch mine and I've maintained the same weight (137-142 lbs) for about 2 years. I don't eat processed foods and try to make sure I get a healthy balance of all macros at each meal.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    EDIT: removing double post
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    it's on my thing and i look at it but i don't really watch it. i do notice if i go way over though. i just try to stick around the 165 mfp has set for me. im not on a low carb diet by any means. i try to get a lot of protein throughout the day so i think it all just balances itself out nicely.
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have a proper ratio since you do need carbs for energy. I have some pretty intense workouts and if I cut back my carbs I would not make it through them. Carbs are in fruits, veggies, and whole grains. These all have essential nutrients that are good for our body....no need to restrict them. I have lost weight on a consistent basis by not restricting anything except calories.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Less than 30 carbs per day? I doubt that many people here are that obsessive. Most of the people you will find here are here to lose the weight in a healthy way, which includes a moderate level carb intake much like yourself. Carbs are healthy and needed.

Carbs are not needed. Essential Amino Acids and Essential Fats, there are no essential carbs. Not saying don't eat your veggies, just the science.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    I really don't pay attention to anything other than calories. I do watch fiber a bit and protein a bit, but even though I have carbs listed I rarely look at where I am with them. I have lost just fine. Now I am only looking to lose slowly as I am in the last 10 pound area, but I still don't watch carbs.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am just doing it as overall calories, though I try to keep low on saturated fat. I don't think I have ever gone over on carbs, though, as I don't eat bread or pasta really, and only potatoes or rice maybe once a week.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if anyone online doesn't watch their carb intake like a hawk? Are you still losing weight?
    I'm a vegetarian, and I mostly just watch calories, i eat 1200-1400 per day (unless im zigzagging) I work out alot, my carb intake is usually about 100-150g per day and my protein around 100g and my fat around 30-40g.

Obviously I do watch my carb intake so an extent, I don't eat bread, pasta, rice or any processed carbs (unless im treating myself to a pancake on my high zig zag day), I get most of my carbs from my morning breakfast cereal (100% wholegrain shredded wheat), fruits and veg.

Is there anyone else out there who is just watching their calories, not into the whole eat less than 30g of carbs a day obsession and still losing weight at a good rate?

That looks like a good ranges for carbs/protein/fat...100-150 grams is relatively low.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 32pounds in 74days by not paying attention to my carbs a single time; and i eat bread, pasta, etc etc. Im not a vegetarian, but I dont believe that the answer to losing weight lies in watching carbs...at least not for me.

I started to really watch salt intake; and when i finally got it down on a regular basis to being 2000mg a day or lower sometimes, i plateued for 3weeks and didnt start to loose again until i increased salt to the 2000 to 2600mg range (have lost 6pounds now in 6 days)... so some people need lower carbs to loose, some people need low sodium... i however am fine on all the carbs i want and all the salt i want (within reason of course)

PS, i eat all my calories (or try to get as close as i can), I treat myself to chocolate (dark choc or sugar free chocolate--only 1 or 2 pieces, not the entire bar or bag), i go out to eat at resturants usually 2-4x a week--i just order differently then i did before, i drink alcohol (but only 1-2drinks at a time, not 10 like i was before lol).. I mainly watch calories; i do pay attention to salt but dont go for as low as possible; i cant figure out how to lower sugar (fruit & milk both have it), and i watch potassium and try to get as high as possible. AND i make sure i drink enough water--not 8cups, but the amount of water im suppose to drink for my body weight---take ur weight, divide by 15. My numbers 19cups a day... Drinking that much is my goal each day; sometimes i make it, and sometimes i dont, but i get as close as possible...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    They're on my tracker but I don't pay too much attention. It goes red now and then but the only times it's way into the red is on my "cheat" day, which usually means pizza or we're having spaghetti dinner with garlic bread. On a normal day my carbs mainly stem from oatmeal, fruits, yogurt and multi-grain bread so I'm not gonig to worry about them too much.

I've done the low carb thing before and it's ok but not for me. I like fruit, yogurt and cereal WAY too much.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't watch my carbs at all, and I love bread, pizza, pasta, etc. I do try to keep my protein up, but I don't limit the carbs at all.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't watch carbs, but then again I'm a runner and I prefer not to hit the wall on my long runs. I just pay attention to calories mostly and it's helped me lose weight.