Speaking of What Not to Wear...your list

Options

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If you could make a list of things that people should never, ever wear, what would be on it? Mine:

Guys in white sunglasses. If you are male and wear these, you are automatically a tool in my book. Sorry if that offends anyone lol.

Socks with sandals

Higher socks (calf, tube, etc) if you aren't wearing pants/jeans to cover them

Colored socks if you aren't wearing jeans/pants to cover them

Shirts that show bra straps. Don't wear a racer back tank with a regular bra. You will look trashy.

Capris with athletic shoes. Unless they're workout capris.

I'm sure there's more. Stay tuned.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You sound like me!!! I agree with all of the above!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Shape Ups, I hate those silly shoes! And I'm sure someone will want to deck me, but...Crocs. ISH. And bra straps that show, icky, trashy, no good. Pajama pants in public, especially the trailer trash mickey mouse type ones.

aww....man.....I LOVE my crocs!!! lol but, guess I will try to wear them less in public. but, I will always wear them(flip flop ones) to the lake. they were just made for it. :wink:
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Gaucho Pants and Boots.. Seriously?!

UGGS with anything.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Pajamas out in public. Unless you are really sick and just need to run to the store for something quick. Otherwise please take the time to join the land of the living and put some clothes on!

That drives me insane!!! and people that dont wear shoes!!!! How nasty is that!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Girls with platform shoes. You may think it's cute and you look taller but us men think one thing- STRIPPER

It's one thing to wear high heels but when the front of the shoe has a 2" riser as well as the heel we instantly want to make it rain singles up in this BIOTCH.....
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i wear socks with sandals..... when i'm camping. but pretty much anything goes while camping
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you, especially the white shades on men!

But my all-time #1...

MEN, DO NOT tuck your shirts into your pants/shorts without putting on a belt! What is wrong with you?!?
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    NOBODY should wear spandex at Walmart. Just sayin'!

you beat me to it, but let me add.....NOBODY should wear spandex ANYWHERE!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Strapless moo moo's, pajamas, and any kind of obviously-a-slipper slipper....aka they do not make Tweety Bird shoes, generally speaking, for anyone over 5!
  • FearOfFrying
    FearOfFrying Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Men ::: Speedo's -- Unless you are aged 20-30 and have the body of a god -- an Bhudda doesnt count!
    Socks & sandals

Women::: Hate to see bra straps showing under vest tops etc (big pet hate of mine)
    Bra's that are too small
    Thongs showing at the top of jeans/trousers/skirts

Im sure i will think of more too!

In the uk we call them budgie smugglers
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I work with a girl that wears spandex pants to work everyday and............I'm pretty sure they are the same pair. I gag everytime I think about it.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I don't have issues w/ short shorts, but for some reason I don't like seeing the bottom edges of front pockets hang lower than the hem of cut-offs. :noway: It's a weird pet peeve, I know. And yes, I know this was a popular look - no offense to anyone. :flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    If you could make a list of things that people should never, ever wear, what would be on it? Mine:

Guys in white sunglasses. If you are male and wear these, you are automatically a tool in my book. Sorry if that offends anyone lol.

Socks with sandals

Higher socks (calf, tube, etc) if you aren't wearing pants/jeans to cover them

Colored socks if you aren't wearing jeans/pants to cover them

Shirts that show bra straps. Don't wear a racer back tank with a regular bra. You will look trashy.

Capris with athletic shoes. Unless they're workout capris.

I'm sure there's more. Stay tuned.

So, I can't be rockin' my knee high rainbow toe socks with flip flops, daisy dukes, and white locs anymore? *Sigh* ... and some Hollywood drag queen told me I'd be stylin' and profilin' with those... Looks like I'm back to bein' a square... sadface.
    Only if you're wearing the lime green mankini like FearOfFrying. And in that case, I demand pictures as well.

Crap! Why am I reading this now? I just set fire to my entire wardrobe! And I totally had the mankini [CalTrans orange neon] and zebra print banana hammock to match! Now they're just flaming piles of polyester and some other synthetic fibers... fire's not going out... *where the hell is my fire extinguisher?*
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Anything intended as undergarments. There's a reason they are called *under* garments--bras, thongs, granny panties need to stay *under* your street clothes.

Men in bikini swimwear--good Lord, what are you thinking? (Yes, I already know what they are thinking.)

Clothes that were in style 30 years ago. Just because they still fit doesn't mean that other people should have to see you in them. Watch any rerun of Magnum and you'll understand what I'm talking about. My hubby still has his velvet suit from the 70s, and thinks it would be cool to wear it.
  • FearOfFrying
    FearOfFrying Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fanny Packs

If only you knew how that sounded in England
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Men ::: Speedo's -- Unless you are aged 20-30 and have the body of a god -- an Bhudda doesnt count!
    Socks & sandals

Women::: Hate to see bra straps showing under vest tops etc (big pet hate of mine)
    Bra's that are too small
    Thongs showing at the top of jeans/trousers/skirts

Im sure i will think of more too!

In the uk we call them budgie smugglers

Budgie smugglers! ROFLMFAO!

*Buddha is not a god, btw, so nobody can use that as an excuse*
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I dislike it when women wear clothing. I mean what is up with that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

unless it is cold then put something on. :tongue: :tongue:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Crap! Why am I reading this now? I just set fire to my entire wardrobe! And I totally had the mankini [CalTrans orange neon] and zebra print banana hammock to match! Now they're just flaming piles of polyester and some other synthetic fibers... fire's not going out... *where the hell is my fire extinguisher?*
    Looks like it's time to go shopping! Can I put in my request for one of those elephant banana hammocks? For you, not me.
  • gemlynch
    gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oh god.
    crocks. men in skinny jeans. pants that drag on the floor and have pieces hanging from them. girls that wear halter dresses with bra straps, we know they don't belong to the dress. anytime your bra straps or backing do not line up with your shirt you need to find another bra. my old boss wore black pants with black shoes and white socks, everytime she sat down she looked like michael jackson.... aweful. also, if your toenail polish is chipping off, put on some shoes, not your flip flops. reallly, flipflops in general are pretty gross even though i wear them all the time. i'm not proud of it. and all this coming from a girl who wears sweats everyday all day.
    oh, shorten your bra straps everyone!!! best thing i ever did :)
  • Loribell23
    Loribell23 Posts: 66
    Options
    When people wear street clothes at the Gym. Don't wear your jeans while walking on the treadmill!