Can someone give me some advice here please??

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Try eating at 1800 for a week and see what the scale says/ or take measurements...it takes a bit of playing around with calories to find the perfect number to lose at. Everyone is different. Theres nothing wrong with MFP's method where you log the exercise here, just don't eat back all of the exercise cals, aim for 50% :smile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    krissyrey wrote: »
    Yes thats an investment that I need to make pretty soon. I need to invest in a food scale, and a heart rate monitor. Im pretty sure if I had these tools handy, I would not be asking these silly questions :)

Ya well, the questions are free :)
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7 and weight roughly 151 pounds. If you burn atleast 350 cals at your weight when giving it your all, then since Im heavier I should burn a bit more right? I wouldnt go over the 500 cal mark, but I give it my all during her workouts.
  • Bouteloua1234
    Bouteloua1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit shorter, and a little bit lighter, but when I was at about your weight I would burn about 250-300 calories with a 30min Jillian Michaels workout, working really hard, according to my heart rate monitor. So if you're really pushing yourself, I think 500 calories/hr would be a pretty good estimate.
  • krissyrey
    Options
    Ok thanks much. When you say really pushing yourself, does it include the modifications that she gives sometimes, or going all out and doing it the same way she does it?
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Since you are doing intense exercise, give 1800 calories a try. I did jillian michaels Body revolution 3 years ago, I ate just under 1700 calories a day. I was very pleased with my weight loss. I was hungry a lot and I was doing 5 or more hours of cardio a week (running- zhumba) as well.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit shorter, and a little bit lighter, but when I was at about your weight I would burn about 250-300 calories with a 30min Jillian Michaels workout, working really hard, according to my heart rate monitor. So if you're really pushing yourself, I think 500 calories/hr would be a pretty good estimate.

I hope you don't mind me asking. but what heart rate monitor do you use? I am thinking I need to invest in one as well
  • Bouteloua1234
    Options
    krissyrey wrote: »
    Ok thanks much. When you say really pushing yourself, does it include the modifications that she gives sometimes, or going all out and doing it the same way she does it?

When I was first starting I did some of the modifications, but even then as long as you're keeping your heart rate up and working hard, you'll still burn the calories. It just makes it lower impact.
  • Bouteloua1234
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind me asking. but what heart rate monitor do you use? I am thinking I need to invest in one as well

I have a Polar FT4. I think it's one of the lower end Polars that has a chest strap. I bought it on Amazon for <$60 and have been using it about a year. I thought I'd find the chest strap annoying, but honestly I don't even notice it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Op your doing fine and your questions are not silly, everyone starts somewhere. Definitely get yourself a food scale though. Its so important. 1800 seems like a good calorie goal for you :)
  • krissyrey
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will definitely try getting a food scale to ensure that my logging is accurate as soon as possible.
  • krissyrey
    Options
    I do cardio with Jillian's workouts once a week, and the rest is plain walking or jogging. I love her body revolution workouts so much. It has circuit, resistance and strength training all in one. Thats the reason why it is sooo intense but worth it. I think I am going to try p90x. I heard people are talking about it, and how hard it is. I will give it a try :).