Ketogenic Diet 1 Month Progress (Links to Pictures Available)

2»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I'm glad you went to your doctor. Hope the other reports come back well.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    muzd wrote: »
    Just been to the docotor, everything looks good. Some reports will come tomorrow. Advised to take some electrolytes solution

Glad you went. In this past week I have had 6 people with what they describe as "palpitations". Granted 3 of those were anxiety, but the other 3 had serious, life threatening arrythmias. Always good to get checked.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    i totally applaud u on ur weight loss! that being said health is important too. losing that fast when u werent severely overweight to start is almost scary. with little energy i imagine its hard to lift weights to help maintain your muscle mass. is this normal weight loss for this diet? i would like to hear from others who are on the keto diet what they think
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    @muzd Have you joined the Keto group? I'm sure the people there would be able to offer you some valuable insight too.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • muzd
    muzd Posts: 33 Member
    @janejellyroll @aimeerace.

The symptoms are part of a Ketogenic diet. They are not serious. I had been a bit negligent with my water consumption and salts.

I am taking an electrolyte solution now

I am be more careful.

@jenncornelsen the Ketogenic diet is low carb and works on the getting rid of glycogen and the body consumes fat for wnerg. This results in a lot of weight loss to start with. However, it does slow down.

@Chrysalid2014 sure I will post this link there. Thanks

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

The symptoms are part of a Ketogenic diet. They are not serious. I had been a bit negligent with my water consumption and salts.

I am be more careful.

@jenncornelsen the Ketogenic diet is low carb and works on the getting rid of glycogen and the body consumes fat for wnerg. This results in a lot of weight loss to start with. However, it does slow down.

So this is what one on that diet can expect? Honestly, it sounds awful.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

I am be more careful.

No, it's what happens when you don't keep track of your electrolytes, same thing that can happen to anyone not on keto if they don't drink enough water. It's not a "symptom" of keto, anymore than keto flu is. They both happen when people don't pay attention to what they're doing.

OP, I seriously suggest you keep better track of your intake, because these things you are writing off as "symptoms of keto" are not normal. They're signs that you're doing it wrong.
  • mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    You may want to just increase your carbs slightly to see if the side effects subside. I am 45 years old and 6-feet tall (183 cm), have gone for 202 lbs to 181 lbs since Feb and back to a 33-inch waist. I feel great, am never hungry, and my energy levels have increased...also just doing 60 min light cardio (walking and bike riding) 6 times per week.

My goal is 170 lbs but am in no hurry and this diet style feels maintainable compared to others in the past. I went on a weekend getaway and splurged with a pizza dinner and beer (3 nights) but am back on track now. Best of luck!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I am be more careful.

No, it's what happens when you don't keep track of your electrolytes, same thing that can happen to anyone not on keto if they don't drink enough water. It's not a "symptom" of keto, anymore than keto flu is. They both happen when people don't pay attention to what they're doing.

OP, I seriously suggest you keep better track of your intake, because these things you are writing off as "symptoms of keto" are not normal. They're signs that you're doing it wrong.

This. I forsee someone getting a ketoacidosis diagnosis really soon if they keep this up.......
    (Holy crap! I can see the future!)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I am be more careful.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification!