How often do you wash your hair?

Options
13»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It depends on the hair type.

I have thick corse hair , so twice a week is fine for my hair type. But someone with thin fine fair, couldn't go that long without looking greasy. So it comes down to the hair type.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I typically wash my hair every other day (alternating with shaving in the shower...see "How often do you shave? thread). In the summer I may wash more frequently...if I swim in the pool or ocean...or have a particularly sweaty workout...but my "second day hair" usually looks better than when it has just been washed.

My second day hair looks better too !! Not as fluffy and frizzy by day two
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    shampoo every other day; conditioner every day
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to wash my hair every day. I can't stand the greasy scalp feeling. Sometimes I end up showering twice a day and shampooing twice too. I deep condition regularly and use conditioning styling products.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Rarely. I dye my hair, and aside from rinsing it under the shower that's about all I do. Occasionally I'll wash it if it feels clogged up and dry with product, but it never gets greasy.
    I use vintage hair styling techniques and "set" the curls in my hair, and that'll last me 5-7 days if I don't get it wet.
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just transitioned to every other day and it was hard. My hair is very fine, so it used to get oily very quick (like within 8 hours of washing). I just do a water wash on my days in between, even if I work out. My head sweats a lot but with the water wash my hair is fine and doesn't smell.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    No, it isn't fair to your significant other or anyone else that gets that close to you. My fiance often complains about the smell of my hair when he gets close to me if it is nearing a shampoo day...
    :/:|
  • jennay2787
    jennay2787 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every other day
  • sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    about 3 days a week usually, Monday Wednesday and Friday,.. but sometime I was it only twice a week and use dry shampoo. This is during the cold months of the year(about 8 months here lol). In the summer I wash it almost everyday because it gets oily faster than in the winter. I would love to wash everyday even though I dont need too but I dye my hair red, and it will all go down the drain if I wash it everyday :(