THE TALL LADY STRUG

Options

Replies

• penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thats really interesting jmgj27 as i am 5'8 and have gone between 257 and 140 over the last 20 years.

Again, uk sizes

250+ : 24
    220-250 : 22
    210-230 : 20
    195-210 : 18
    170-195 : 16
    154-170 : 14
    140-154 : 12 (@140 definitely every 12 would fit but a 10 wouldn't)

No knowledge lower than 10stone!

Im 30odd lbs down and no one that doesn't know has said anything.

i think our differences might stem from the fact that I carry all of my weight around my middle. My arms and legs, including thighs are proportionately smaller. At 220 i can fit into 18 jeans but not button them.
  • holyshititskatelyn
    holyshititskatelyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", at my lowest weight I was 187 and ALMOST a size 12. Now I'm 220 and a size 16, it's so frustrating knowing that I have to lose like 25 or 30 lbs just to go down one size because I carry my weight all over. On the bright side no one thinks I weigh as much as I do because of the tallness, but I'm still not cool with being the highest weight I've ever been.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 5'9, and I was in my NZ size 20s for about 6 months despite steadily losing weight. But since hitting a 16 around Xmas (I kind of skipped 18s by safety pinning where necessary) I have burned through the sizes and am now down to a 12. which is awesome, but I kinda wish the 14s I bought thinking they'd last a few months still fit properly!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've lost 48 pounds - 5'9.5" with SW: 224 and CW: 178. I am hoping to get down to 170, possibly 160. I understand the frustration of not SEEING the loss that you want, but take pictures and measurements. Those will be KEY in seeing results beyond the scale. Currently I'm adding weight training to a half marathon training (doing my first half marathon in June!). I feel like even if the scale isn't doing much, I think my clothes fit better and my body is substantially more toned. Keep plugging along. Your efforts will pay off!
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also understand the tall girl struggle. I'm 5'10" and have gone from 253 lbs. to 169 lbs. (a tight size 18 to a size 8 or 10 depending on the brand). I had lost a good 40 lbs. before anyone even really noticed.
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Same. Im 5'9 and lost 20 pounds and a few inches... although still wearing the same size. And I cant really tell in the mirror. When I tell friends/fam I lost 20... they fake it for me. "OH Yeaaa I can TOTALLY tell..." No you cant because I CANT
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    okay... I'm short and I sulk at tall girls putting on 20 pounbds without it being that tragic, whereas I put on 20 pounds and I totally baloon up, lol. Plus, you guys get to eat more calories! You burn more calories with any workout. And, let's face it, clothes will always look better on the tall girl. Don't be cry babies! ♥
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    okay... I'm short and I sulk at tall girls putting on 20 pounbds without it being that tragic, whereas I put on 20 pounds and I totally baloon up, lol. Plus, you guys get to eat more calories! You burn more calories with any workout. And, let's face it, clothes will always look better on the tall girl. Don't be cry babies! ♥

SMFH I CANT
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I must be built really different... I'm 6'1" and 355 right now and I wear a 24 and some 22's the lowest I've ever been is 225 and I was in a 13/14. My goal is between 2-225.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    At 300 I'm in a 20 comfortably. So I guess with 80lbs I only range 4 maybe 5 sizes
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Almost 6'2" here and yep, it's really disheartening seeing these shorter people lose 10lb and look totally different! But keep it up - I can say from experience that the more you lose, the more you notice it, and it's worth the push to get there. The first bit nobody but you will notice. The last bit is amazing, and like @kristen6350 said, you will drop pants sizes like you wouldn't believe once you're in the lower weight range.

To any shorter people reading, yep, sure, it's great that we Amazons can gain a bunch of weight with nobody noticing, and our pants may even still fit (just!!!) because the weight goes on over a larger area... but we are then in a situation where we have a heck of a lot more weight to work off before we feel good about how we look again. It's definitely a double-edged sword.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10
    SW 234.2
    CW 159.2
    UGW 150

Just wanted to say awesome losses everyone!
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have been up to 193 before. I think I wore a 14 from 193 to about 170 so I know what you mean. But crazy things happen when you get to a lower weight. Your pants sizes change very quickly. I went from 167 to 149 recently. At 167 I was in 12's. At 149 I'm in 6's. 4's in some jeans.

So there is hope! Keep at it. Trust me, it's SO worth it!

Thank you this message makes me feel more motivated (which I didn't think was possible because I am deadset on losing this damn weight!) 140 - 145lbs is my goal weight, I'm at 163lbs at the moment so I feel it's attainable :)

Me and you are twins! I am sitting at 163 with a goal of 150 but UGW of 145 lbs. Add me =)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I know the strug! It's also super disheartening when your goal weight is someone's starting weight and they bash how disgusting they are in their size 8 jeans. Girl--- size 8 on a tall person is so small!

I'm 5'11. SW: 215. CW: 146.8. GW: 139ish (gonna see how I feel as I get close). I started size 16 and stayed size 16 until I dropped about 20 lbs.
  • 5willards
    5willards Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I concur! I'm 5'11" and transitioning to a size 12 (they're still too tight for my liking) and have lost close to 14 pounds so far. No one has noticed my weightloss, NO ONE! Doing clean eating, 1 Shakeology drink a day along with the Insanity Max 30 workouts. I am 223 at the moment, but when I was at my lowest (189) I wore a size 10 very comfortably.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and it took just under 40lbs for me to drop a full pants size (ie, no muffin top on the smaller size).

I know the laws of physics and mathematics tell me that the smaller I get, the less weight I need to loose to drop that next size, but the first few are still painful -_-
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey 20lbs is 20lbs. You had to eat 70,000 calories less to get there. Two things I have noticed alot on MFP is 1. how hard everyone is on themselves. Maybe that has something to do with why we are here? 2. For most people this is a slow and frustrating journey. My take away is I need to be nicer to myself and have patience :-) You're doing great. Hang in there.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 180 cm and I lost 14 kg so far, more than half way to goal. My hip measurement is still the same as in the beginning, lol.. Waist is smaller, at least. ;) But yes, it takes a lot more to "shrink" when it comes to clothing sizes!
  • donut0420
    donut0420 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @iwearthejumper32 I'm the same way/ 175 cm and I've lost 20 lbs since January. Some people say they notice it in my face, but that's about it. I'm still wearing the same clothes and I can't see a lot of difference in the mirror. It can get so discouraging sometimes...
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and seemed to stay a size 16/18 FOREVER. (My highest weight was 240 or so.) It seemed like once I lost about 40 lbs the sizes just dropped like crazy. I'm 170 in a solid size 8 now, so it does happen! Just seems to take longer for us taller girls.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!