Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday: 1. cook chicken for salads 2. do dishes 3. pay bills. :smiley::mrgreen::grin::sunglasses:
    1 & 2 will definitely be after work, but should be a challenge as I may not get home until late

Was home earlier than I expected, so I had more time got those goals down and a few other things as well.

JFT Thursday: because I've been a slackard and am starting to notice the impact, my goals are bigger today. 1. walk at lunch (I've skipped the last two days for no good reason) 2. 10,000 steps 3. record all foods, even if they aren't measured, because I know the act of recording makes me think about what is going in my mouth.
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Met all of my goals for yesterday.

Just for today, I will;

1. Exercise for at least 180 minutes.
    2. Encourage someone.
    3. Keep an open heart.
    4. Stay positive and focused on my goals.
    5. I will not fail !!!
  • bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just for today I'm going to count my calories, even if I'm not perfect I've got to be accountable.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    • Get up from my desk once per hour and do a trip up and down my office stairs.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Just for WEDNESDAY:
    1. 10,000 steps :smiley: 17,126
    2. swim :) plus did some gardening and walking too :smiley:
    3. Stay under 100G carbs :) close...think I ended at 104 G

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy
    3. stay under 100 G carbs

• _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today....I will work on being more positive.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Being sick really sucks. I was sick enough to get winded when trying to walk or do anything physical, however not so sick that I couldn't eat. And of course...food makes you feel better, right? Not at all. At any rate, I am on the mend, and now need to mend the damage done:

Just for Today 4/23
    1. log, log, log
    2. get in 10K steps.
    3. make healthy choices.

@azulvioleta6 - CONGRATS on making 91LBS!!!! HUGE accomplishment.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just for WEDNESDAY:
    1. 10,000 steps :smiley: 17,126
    2. swim :) plus did some gardening and walking too :smiley:
    3. Stay under 100G carbs :) close...think I ended at 104 G

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy
    3. stay under 100 G carbs

Congrats on 91 lbs loss!! And what a great reward - a new haircut!! What an inspiration you are to all of us!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today...

I will savor the day and know that I'm doing this for myself.

This is a great quote!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Sometimes I do not know what is wrong with me. Why I can't seem to get going, and stay going.

So I am going to learn from you guys. I know to be successful, I need to continue to log my food. No matter HOW busy I am, this is important. This is for me.

I am going to learn from you guys to plan my meals. I know this is another important step. No mindless grabbing of food. I tend to get so busy, so meals are unplanned, and that leads to trouble. Snacks have been unplanned, so when hubby wants dairy queen, I give in. SO plan my meals.

This are my goals for today. One day at a time, I can get back on track!
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    Just for today....I will work on being more positive.

Yeah!
  • aflepage
    aflepage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just for today 4/23

1. Log all my food
    2. Reach my 10K Step Goal
  • mytime6630
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Being sick really sucks. I was sick enough to get winded when trying to walk or do anything physical, however not so sick that I couldn't eat. And of course...food makes you feel better, right? Not at all. At any rate, I am on the mend, and now need to mend the damage done:

@Rae - Hope you feel better soon!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    OKAY FRIENDS!!!!! I OWE YOU ALL A GIANT SIZED

THANK YOU! !!!

I have been struggling with my exercise this week. I have fallen behind on my goal for the week because of ...well lots of reasons, some valid and some not.

I did a half an hour on the treadmill because the weather has been yucky all evening and then I quit. I got onto "just for today " fully intending to close out today and post my goals for Friday.

But....after reading your posts I was inspired to get back on the tread mill and do 30 more minutes!

So thankyou for being the wind beneath my wings!

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Thursday April 23)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack to work with me :smile:
    2. Walk 1.5 hours after work only 1 hour but I am going to skip my 150 calorie snack and call it JOY :blush:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories UNDER :wink:

[/quote]

Just for today (Friday April 24)

1. Take an early morning walk, (Lord, please hold the rain til I' m done.) At least 1 hour.
    2. Work on packing the studio at least 2 hours.
    3. Stick to 1200 calories.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sometimes I do not know what is wrong with me. Why I can't seem to get going, and stay going.

So I am going to learn from you guys. I know to be successful, I need to continue to log my food. No matter HOW busy I am, this is important. This is for me.

I am going to learn from you guys to plan my meals. I know this is another important step. No mindless grabbing of food. I tend to get so busy, so meals are unplanned, and that leads to trouble. Snacks have been unplanned, so when hubby wants dairy queen, I give in. SO plan my meals.

Joan, you should check out other people's diaries. That's a great way to get new ideas.

I do not plan every meal way in advance, but I do:
    --try to plan the day out every morning
    --make several pre-prepped items at the beginning of the week (large salads, salad-in-a-jar, rice bowls) which last for a while in the fridge
    --I keep a couple of homemade frozen meals around in case of emergency (example: veggie soups with brown rice)
    --grab-and-go meals: fling turkey burger(s) and a chopped up sweet potato (yam) on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 30 minutes with salt and a little seasoning (smoked paprika is good), serve over a salad and you have a great, fast meal

You can do this!
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

1. Drink water 4 ltrs at least
    2. Eat small snacks (big mistake yesterday 620 calories worth of fresh cream cakes)
    3. Do exercise I like (yesterday one hour music video on youtube maroon 5 Sugar) jumping, walking, lifting legs high around the house

Numbers on scale going down slowly but surely.

Have a good day everybody.

• EvieEmDash
    EvieEmDash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Joan, you should check out other people's diaries. That's a great way to get new ideas.

I do not plan every meal way in advance, but I do:
    --try to plan the day out every morning
    --make several pre-prepped items at the beginning of the week (large salads, salad-in-a-jar, rice bowls) which last for a while in the fridge
    --I keep a couple of homemade frozen meals around in case of emergency (example: veggie soups with brown rice)
    --grab-and-go meals: fling turkey burger(s) and a chopped up sweet potato (yam) on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 30 minutes with salt and a little seasoning (smoked paprika is good), serve over a salad and you have a great, fast meal

You can do this!

That recipe for sweet potato sounds great, thanks for posting .... just for today I'm going to prep meals, I am home from work and I will enjoy my day. Thanks for all the positivity
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    my jft is actually for the next three days and I have a tendency to want to be a bum on my time off. So my just for the weekend. 1. 30,000 steps across the three days 2. Meals not grazing 3. Record all food even if not measured 4. waste less time on the internet
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT (yesterday):
    1. Stick to calorie goals-- :| Ate more, exercised to "make up", but I still hate my lack of discipline doing that.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea-- :)
    3. Exercise 30+ minutes--extra if I can.-- :) Nice early a.m. walk with my sons :) , and tae bo in evening
    4. Get some junk moved out of bedroom/rearranged so we can paint!!!-- :) Moved alot...more to go.

JFT 4/24:
    1. Stick to calorie goals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ minutes--extra if I can.
    4. Continue with bedroom...start on spider webs/dust from under the junk!

@azulvioleta6 : hope you love your new haircut--what a great idea! Nice new profile photo!! Quite the change!
    @joan: Hope you have a marvelously encouraging day!!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking ahead about meals is a good strategy. I do that at lunch, (despite what the children may be eating): 2 scrambled jumbo eggs with a heap of salsa--only like 150 cal, good protein, and the hot pepper revs up fat burning :)
    Maybe we could swap a few healthy "snack" ideas to help each other make improvements over the usual chips/candy/donuts etc, unless joan objects???? A favorite "snack"/bfast of mine is 1/2 plain yogurt (esp greek), 1/2 c blueberries, 1/4 c sliv. almonds, 2 t maple syrup = 311 cal, 17 protein, 15 good fat.

Happy Friday all!!! :)